Kerastase Products....

lu123

I recently bought a duo set containing the Bain Satin Shampoo & Masque Nutri-thermique.... oh and a free sachet of heat protectant.

Does anybody use any products from the Kerastase line and if so, which ones do you find work best for you?

Thank you!

Dommo

I've use all of these. Which heat protectant?(nectar or ciment thermique) The shampoo is lovely, although for the price, not necessary. The nutri-thermique masque is good; I like Masquintense for thick hair a lot better and the oleo-relax slim masque. These are my faves.

blondemane

I never used them myself cause they are a bit pricey but the girl in my siggy pic uses it all them time. Vanessa Posso. She posted on her twitter how much she loves their products.

lu123

Thanks girls!

Heat Protectant - Ciment Thermique

I don't buy them all the time but there was a 20% off discount at my local hairdresser's so I thought that I would give them a whirl.

Vanessa Posso - I've never heard of her before but she has got gorgeous hair :yep:

danysedai

Ahem! there are a few Kerastase lovers in here.I'm one of them :)
I used to listen to people like Paula Begoun who insist that the some of the Kerastase products are very similar to the L'Oreal ELvive line, which is true, they are very similar, but the effect on my hair has been very different and I've used both. I bought the oleo relax shampoo and the masquintense conditioner and did a rollerset and couldn't stop touching my hair. Again , this is for my hair, so just trying products to see if they go with your hair can get pretty expensive.
I'm relaxed APL going on BSL.

First the ones I love, that are and will be staples for me.

I prefer the Oleo Relax shampoo to the Bain Satin 3 which I finished and I haven't restocked. I'll keep buying the oleo relax. I also love the Bain de Force, in fact I bought the big bottle.
I also LOVE the Night Serum and the Sublimateur Jour. They are very good moisturizers for my hair, leaving it neither greasy nor wet, a plus for me.
The vials: I have the concentre vita ciment vials and the aqua oleum. I really love them but they are EXPENSIVE.
The oleo relax serum which is weightless and gives the hair a lot of shine (I still prefer Alfaparf for that)
The Ciment Thermique and the Nectar Thermique are very good.

The ones I like but there are other products that I have that I feel are better.
The masquintense conditioners.
The Bain Satin.
The Oleo relax slim leave in
The Ciment Anti usure
The Elixir Ultime (can't stand the smell)
The Chronologiste, super expensive but I had to try it, not very impressed so I won't repurchase.It's quite good, it's just that for the price I expected a WOW and I got a wow, just that.

Next on my list to try is the oleo fusion vials :) and some of the Chroma Riche line.

Hope this helps :)

Pink Pearls

Kerastase products are great for my hair. During the summer, I shampoo with Bain Satin 3, and Dermo-Calm Bain Riche in winter...It's great for dry sensitive scalps. It leaves my hair soft and detangled. I deep condition with a combination of Masquintense for thick (great at adding moisture), and Oleo-relax slim mask (decreases volume when I'm air drying). I also use two leave-ins: Nectar Thermique (softens hair and is great when using heat), and Oleo-relax slim (decreases volume in my thick hair). When my hair needs protein, I use Bain De Force shampoo and Resistance Forcintense. Next week, I plan to try the Oleo Fusion Vials.

Ones I won't repurchase:
Elixir Ultime (didn't like the smell and it just sits on my hair)
Fondant Nutri-Thermique (not moisturizing enough for my hair)
Bain Oleo Relax (Prefer Bain Satin 3)

I recently moved to Australia in an area where Kerastase is plentiful, but more expensive than the US. On a recent trip to Malaysia, I found a shop that sells Kerastase at affordable prices.

Update: I tried the oleo fusion vials and the results were amazing...soft, silky and moisturized hair!

Last edited:

Aggie

Ahem! there are a few Kerastase lovers in here.I'm one of them :)
I used to listen to people like Paula Begoun who insist that the some of the Kerastase products are very similar to the L'Oreal ELvive line, which is true, they are very similar, but the effect on my hair has been very different and I've used both. I bought the oleo relax shampoo and the masquintense conditioner and did a rollerset and couldn't stop touching my hair. Again , this is for my hair, so just trying products to see if they go with your hair can get pretty expensive.
I'm relaxed APL going on BSL.

First the ones I love, that are and will be staples for me.

I prefer the Oleo Relax shampoo to the Bain Satin 3 which I finished and I haven't restocked. I'll keep buying the oleo relax. I also love the Bain de Force, in fact I bought the big bottle.
I also LOVE the Night Serum and the Sublimateur Jour. They are very good moisturizers for my hair, leaving it neither greasy nor wet, a plus for me.
The vials: I have the concentre vita ciment vials and the aqua oleum. I really love them but they are EXPENSIVE.
The oleo relax serum which is weightless and gives the hair a lot of shine (I still prefer Alfaparf for that)
The Ciment Thermique and the Nectar Thermique are very good.

The ones I like but there are other products that I have that I feel are better.
The masquintense conditioners.
The Bain Satin.
The Oleo relax slim leave in
The Ciment Anti usure
The Elixir Ultime (can't stand the smell)
The Chronologiste, super expensive but I had to try it, not very impressed so I won't repurchase.It's quite good, it's just that for the price I expected a WOW and I got a wow, just that.

Next on my list to try is the oleo fusion vials :) and some of the Chroma Riche line.

Hope this helps :)

danysedai or anyone else by the way,

Has anyone tried the Reflection Chroma Riche line as yet. I am so waiting for reviews on this one. I like anything that makes my hair soft and shiny but bearing in minnd that these products are expensive, I like to hear and give reviews as they help me with my purchase decisions.

I am especially interested in the Reflection chroma riche shampoo, conditioners and masques.

Thanks in advance.

Dommo

@danysedai or anyone else by the way,

Has anyone tried the Reflection Chroma Riche line as yet. I am so waiting for reviews on this one. I like anything that makes my hair soft and shiny but bearing in minnd that these products are expensive, I like to hear and give reviews as they help me with my purchase decisions.

I am especially interested in the Reflection chroma riche shampoo, conditioners and masques.

Thanks in advance.

I've used the chroma riche masque in the past but It was not that great for me. It definitely makes the hair very very soft(made my hair a little too soft) but didn't moisturize if that makes any sense. I gave it to this girl in my beauty class a cpl years back who had very coarse hair and she liked it. It smells good as well.

I've never used the matching shampoo; only the bain satin and bain oleo relax and they were good but I prefer alterna shampoo.

Aggie

I've used the chroma riche masque in the past but It was not that great for me. It definitely makes the hair very very soft(made my hair a little too soft) but didn't moisturize if that makes any sense. I gave it to this girl in my beauty class a cpl years back who had very coarse hair and she liked it. It smells good as well.

I've never used the matching shampoo; only the bain satin and bain oleo relax and they were good but I prefer alterna shampoo.

Thank you so much Dommo. This helps a lot. Maybe it has too many cones in it?

Anyone else tried it? What are your reviews and take on it. I have mildly texlaxed hair if that helps.

lamaria211

:yay: My package from Kerastase just came i got the Kerastase Nutritive Oleo-Relax Slim Masque and the Oleo-Relax Slim Creme

danysedai

Aggie, sorry I haven't tried the Chroma Riche line.

I need to add another great product to my list above, the Fibre Architecte serum for damaged lengths and split ends.

Aggie

@Aggie, sorry I haven't tried the Chroma Riche line.

I need to add another great product to my list above, the Fibre Architecte serum for damaged lengths and split ends.

It's okay danysedai,

I just did an extensive search and read a ton of reviews on makeupalley.com, folica.com, and totalbeauty.com and the chroma riche line got poor reviews at best.

The age premium, nutritive, and resistance lines seem to have gotten rave reviews across the board. I had to make so many changes to the list of products I had originally compiled:nono:.

This line seem to be great for a lot of ladies whose hair is chemically altered in some form or another - whether color treated, relaxed, permed, etc. I'm texlaxed, so I guess they should work well on my hair:look:. I won't go overboard with my initial purchase. I want to tread cautiously with this one.

I need to check into repurchasing Biolage conditioners and some Redken products as well:yep:. Did you know that Redken now has a SLS-free detox shampoo now?

Sunshine_One

I love $Kerastase$ but don't purchase it that often.

When I do I purchase I try to get a value set. You can find these during the holidays. I found one at PR Partners salon back in January. I treated myself to the Nutri-Thermique gift set.

The set contained:

Bain Nutri-Thermique shampoo (this has replaced Bain Satin 3).
Nutri-Thermique masque
1.7oz of Elixir Ultime

I OMG these products have been FAB for my hair. I have used all three products for my last 3 washes and the results are great. I like the Nutri-Thermique masque better than Masque Intense. I will be using my Morrocan oil products this week. I will have to rotate my MO prods with the Kerastase. I need to find out how to get Kerastase whole sale.

Last edited:

Aggie

I am waiting to see if I can get some items on sale here in the Bahamas during a hair show this coming Sunday and Monday. I have my new list of Kerastase products ready for purchase:grin:.

I am sticking to the Age Premium, Resistance and some Oleo Relax products. The Aqua-Oleum, Re-Substance and Vita Ciment Professional vials will be next! These are very expensive but if they are on sale, I will pick up a few of them as well:yep:.

Aggie

On Sunday I purchased the Kerastase Lait Substantif, Bain Satin 2, Kerastase Age Recharge Masque, and the Bain Substantif.

I want more:grin:!

There were no professional treatments available for sale at the hair show unfortunately:nono:.