Relaxed ladies, How do u air dry?

H0tPinkButtafly

I'm about to go cowash my hair and I'm on a personal no heat challenge so I'm going to air dry. But I want to know how do u ladies air dry ur hair so it will look presentable the next day. Idk if I should band it, braid it or what. What do you ladies do?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using T-Mobile myTouch 3G

EbonyCPrincess

I rarely use direct heat if I'm relaxing between 10-12 weeks (like normal). Currently I'm 7 months (approx 28 weeks) post due to a sew-in and a cornrow/wig regimen so I've blowdried my last few wash days. But to answer your question, I either rollerset, or airdry and do a braidout, bun, caruso set, or use rollers on damp hair - flexi or satin pillow rollers. Also I pincurl at times too.

kupenda

I am pretty boring with my hair. I slick it back with a light leave in or whipped gelly and put a side part and or a ponytail with a baggied bun and cover with a scarf for awhile. Then when it's mostly dry I remoisturize, seal, and rarely I will wrap it, like I'm gonna do tonite. Im a horrible wrapper. I usually give up halfway through lol. But im gonna try to master it this summer

And lately I've only used heat to DC, which is my favorite pastime 

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

bestblackgirl

I always air dry my hair by braiding it into 2 pigtails and pin them up. When they are completely dry, it comes out wavy and it is nice. And you can let them out if u like wavy. My hair is always up into pin up pigtails, buns etc..

Mische

I airdry in braids pretty much exclusively now. The only time I allow myself to pull out my long lost love (the blowdryer with comb attachment :lol:) is right after a relaxer. The amount of braids, and the tightness of them varies depending on the look I am going for. I always put a roller or perm rod on the ends to keep them smooth. I think moisturizing and sealing on wet hair before drying contributes to my super soft results.

H0tPinkButtafly

Yes that's what I ended up doing, air drying for a few hours and then putting my hair in 4 braids for a braidout. I didn't want to air dry in a rollerset that would take too long

H0tPinkButtafly

I rarely use direct heat if I'm relaxing between 10-12 weeks (like normal). Currently I'm 7 months (approx 28 weeks) post due to a sew-in and a cornrow/wig regimen so I've blowdried my last few wash days. But to answer your question, I either rollerset, or airdry and do a braidout, bun, caruso set, or use rollers on damp hair - flexi or satin pillow rollers. Also I pincurl at times too.

I do think next time I will air dry my hair and put in some flexi rods

Thanks for ideas ladies

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using T-Mobile myTouch 3G

levette

I airdry until about 50 % dry and then I will either braid in 2 plaits, or twist in 2 ponytails.