L-cysteine

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
@smores, thanks for bumping. A few ladies have reported noticeable hair growth due to increased protein intake. No one contributed this to a specific amino acid, though. Glad I looked into this, because I have been adding a protein powder consistently to my daily smoothies since July which contains about 500 mg of Cysteine per scoop. I'm hoping to see noticeable results by Fall.

smores

@smores, thanks for bumping. A few ladies have reported noticeable hair growth due to increased protein intake. No one contributed this to a specific amino acid, though. Glad I looked into this, because I have been adding a protein powder consistently to my daily smoothies since July which contains about 500 mg of Cysteine per scoop. I'm hoping to see noticeable results by Fall.

Thanks for responding @nothidden! What protein powder are you taking? If I can skip adding another pill, that would be good.

Aggie

I was wondering if it safe to take L-Cysteine and collagen at the same time?
I was taking them the same time with no issues. I don't have anymore l-cysteine though. I won't be purchasing anymore though. I have too many other vitamins I have to finish up before they expire on me.

Squikee

No problem. Here's the link http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Foundational-Nutrition/RAW-Protein.aspx. I get the unflavored version from WholeFoods which has a $3 off coupon thru September (at least in my area).

I've been adding this protein to my morning smoothies and I thought I noticed some growth in my hair but wasn't sure...I was thinking of changing to a pea protein but may stick with this one if I see a significant increase next time I do a length check.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I've been adding this protein to my morning smoothies and I thought I noticed some growth in my hair but wasn't sure...I was thinking of changing to a pea protein but may stick with this one if I see a significant increase next time I do a length check.
I saw pea protein but haven't used it. I ran out of the garden of life and picked up hemp protein. Now that i've restocked on GOL I use them both. Can't hurt.