HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

choctaw

I started this thread to Use Up some Oils....Now my Oil Stash is Larger than ever.:nono:

choctaw

IDareT'sHair That's from Hangin' Out with You!:look:.....

You know how you do:lol: You gots the Oilzzzzzzzzzzz

:lachen: you know I just purchased coconut, mustard and sesame oils at the Indian grocer today :lick:

I will repurchase the oils that worked best for my hair in oil rinses, ayurvedic pastes and herbal infusions. The Indian grocer has food grade oils at reasonable prices e.g. $5.00 for 600 ml coconut oil, $3.50 for 500 ml mustard, almond or sesame oil.

IslandDiva08

Man I Love Vatika Frosting!:lick:

love the stuff too......after hennaing ect. i applied the Vatika Frosting to damp hair and sat under the steamer for an hour (30 mins interval).....my hair is so soffffffft:yep::yep: right now....... i might just skip applying my condish and do a co-wash on Monday:lol::lol::lol::lol:. We will see how my hair feels later tonight and tomorrow. I am still on the hunt for a shampoo and condish.

Brownie518

Che is making me think of the oils I have right now:

Hemp seed
Pumpkin seed
Sesame
Mustard seed
Safflower
Wheat germ
Rice bran
Brahmi
Amla
JBCO
Emu

Plus some blends...:look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
love the stuff too......after hennaing ect. i applied the Vatika Frosting to damp hair and sat under the steamer for an hour (30 mins interval).....my hair is so soffffffft:yep::yep: right now....... i might just skip applying my condish and do a co-wash on Monday:lol::lol::lol::lol:. We will see how my hair feels later tonight and tomorrow. I am still on the hunt for a shampoo and condish.

IslandDiva08 You're the 2nd Lady I've read that Steams with VF and Lurves It. :drool:

Imma hafta' try that.:grin:

Maybe I'll try it this Fall/Winter.:lick:

againstallodds

Overnight pre-poo with grapeseed oil to length of hair and coconut oil, eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil to scalp only. Washing in the morning.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Mixed Garden Oil with my dc...

Oil rinsed with sunflower and WEN Lavender oils...

Massaged Claudie's Elixer into my scalp...

Hair is happeh now. :drunk:

choctaw

AM: co-wash pre-oiled hair & detangle, apply Parachute coconut oil and Miss Jessie's Butter Cream. Braid hair before going to pool

PM: Oil rinse hair with rice bran/tea tree/mustard oils. Apply Parachute coconut oil to edges and ends.

choctaw

Mixed up henna/amla/maka paste with coconut water, egg and home made ayurvedic oil (castor, coconut, mustard and sesame oils infused with brahmi, fenugreek, henna, hibiscus and maka).

tiffers

Oil rinsed with sunflower, castor & WEN Lavender oils. One more use of the WEN and it'll be gone. I can't wait, I loathe how it smells.

Used the last of my beloved Isha today :cry: and sealed with enso Serum.

Massaged Claudie's Elixer into my scalp.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Haven't updated in a while. I have still been using oils but stopped greasing my scalp with them since it is too dang hot here. Instead, I've keep up with using my oil mix for pre-poos and sealing and have recently fallen for QB's Aethiopika butter which has rice bran oil in it (my new fave oil.)
I used some of that butter last night when cornrowing my hair for a braid-out today and it turned out very soft. :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Oiled Up with Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Exlir.

Shay72 Should I buy the QB Moringa Softening Serum?:perplexed I'm torn.
Do I need it?

I have the EN Marshmallow & Moss Serum and the DB Exlir + a ton of other oils.

What do you think?

Brownie518

Oiled Up with Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Exlir.

@Shay72 Should I buy the QB Moringa Softening Serum?:perplexed I'm torn.
Do I need it?

I have the EN Marshmallow & Moss Serum and the DB Exlir + a ton of other oils.

What do you think?

I was about to ask Shay about the serum, too. I haven't used it in a very long time. Joint is pricey!! :perplexed I still haven't decided if I'll get any Qhemet.

Anyway, I used some HTN Lotion and sealed with the oil. :lick:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Brownie518 She responded in the U1 B1 and said she could 'take it or leave it' and that it would not be a Repurchase.:lol:

Nuff said. I won't be buying.:look:

Besides, I have EN Marshmallow & Moss Serum. DB Pumpkin Exlir, DB Oils and a ton of other Oils.:look:

tiffers

FINALLY used up that stinkin' WEN Lavender. Good riddance. Ugh!

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Oops,
IDareT'sHair & Brownie518
I couldn't remember which thread had the question. I do love Shea Moisture's Restorative Elixir and need to try DB's Pumpkin Seed one since I do have it. Is there a difference bw elixirs and serums?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Oops,
@IDareT'sHair & @Brownie518
I couldn't remember which thread had the question. I do love Shea Moisture's Restorative Elixir and need to try DB's Pumpkin Seed one since I do have it. Is there a difference bw elixirs and serums?

Shay72 IMO They are both about the same consistency thick.:lol:

But, the SM Restorative Exlir reminds me of DB Oils (i.e. Peach, Apricot, Cherry, Watermelon) and are in a similar Spritz-Like Bottle and about the same weight adding the same type of Sheen.:yep: