What is so great about argan oil?

Qualitee

Everyone is talking about it and it makes me want to buy it:lol: Lotioncrafter.com sells .5 oz of argan oil for $5.50:perplexed Is it really worth it?

sensi sweetie

I love pure argan oil. That silly stuff they sell at sally's and morrocan oil can't even compare. I am pretty frugal with it since it is pricey, but some argan oil + heat (styling) results in some EXTRA blingy shine. It is one of those "weightless" oils, so it is great for leave ins as well.

Tiye

The lotion crafter price is a bit high but a little bit goes a long way. Because it's costly I use it more like an essential oil instead of straight. For the most part, I use it on my face instead of hair coz it lasts longer that way and I have other more affordable oils that work for my hair.

SelfStyled

Argan oil is unlike any other oil I have EVER used. I buy (pure) from camdengrey.com- they have the best prices I have found.

Argan makes my hair feel like butter! I like the cheapy ones with cones just as much as the pure oil. They both have a place in my reggie.

I use Sally's one and only for heat styling.

I add the pure one to my DC's.

I made an oil blend for sealing that is a combo of: Pure Argan, Sally's Argan and JBCO- this mixture is divine.

Also, it is GREAT if you have dry scalp, Argan is the first oil that actually seems to moisturize - which is strange, because I know oils do not.

Argan is also GREAT on dry skin.

I have not been impressed with many of the Argan oil "conditioners" out there. I have tried CON, Moroccan Oil and DermORganics.

My favorite Argan oil conditioner is Lustrasilks Organic Conditioner. The ingredients are: water(aqua),stearmidopopyl,dimethylamine,stearyl alcohol,cetyl alcohol,argania spinosa kernel oil,carrot(daucus carota sativa) seed oil,rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) leaf oil,juglans nigra (black walnut) leaf extract, cholesterol,aloe vera(aloe barbadensis extract,chamomilla recruita extract, indian hemp extract,fragrance,vitamin e, methyl & propyl paraben,phosphoric acid,dmdm,disodium edta,yellow 5 &6.

Do a search, I have found that people either love or hate this particular Lustrasilk Cholesterol, my hair LOVES it, lol.

But again- buy some pure Argan Oil and you can make your favorite conditioner an "Argan Oil" conditioner at a fraction of the price.

ETA: I have just bought the One n Only Restoravtive Mask, but I have yet to try it.

EllePixie

Every time I go to my health food store I look at their argan oil, which is like $40 for 2oz, and I always put it back with dismay because I know that my hair doesn't really like oils on wet hair, so when I'm wearing my hair curly I don't have much use for it unless I'm putting it in DCs (which would cause me to use it up quickly).

When I get to APL and straighten my hair I'm def going to pick up some though.

JerriBlank

I just finished up a 4oz bottle of pure organic cold pressed argan oil. For me,this is the only oil that I really carried over from my relaxed hair days,because it is that consistent. Extremely lightweight,and my hair feels silky and soft to the touch after using it. I use it on my face as well as in my hair,and I also add it (minuscule amount) to my mascara. I got my bottle from amazon.com for $33 and free shipping. Now its $38 + s&h.:rolleyes:

qchelle

I love argan oil. Even more than coconut oil. It (argan oil) makes my hair extremely soft. When I got my sew-in done, the girl was like "your hair is soo soft! What do you use on it?" :D :D

Lynnerie

So are u using it as a seal or adding it to something else?

Right now I've been using it as a sealant by itself but I am going to mix it with castor oil to see how that works too. I also plan to add a drop or 2 in my gel to mimic the Ecostyler w/Argan oil.

Last edited:

babyu21

Has anyone used Josie Morans version from Sephora? Its also supposed to be a pure version of argan oil with no additives. Its a bit pricey but I don't have to pay for shipping and handling.

LaBelleLL

I love pure argan oil. That silly stuff they sell at sally's and morrocan oil can't even compare. I am pretty frugal with it since it is pricey, but some argan oil + heat (styling) results in some EXTRA blingy shine. It is one of those "weightless" oils, so it is great for leave ins as well.

nevermind. question was already asked.

lux10023

coworker brought some back from morroco..and it just makes your hair so softtttttttt and it is very light.. a must have...

i havent tried the commercial brands but the pure stuff is heaven on earth!!!

JerriBlank

Has anyone used Josie Morans version from Sephora? Its also supposed to be a pure version of argan oil with no additives. Its a bit pricey but I don't have to pay for shipping and handling.
She is crazy for those prices. I bought one oz. for fifteen bucks before taxes. I was out of argan oil and desperate to get something local. I got four times that amount for just fifteen dollars more online. The only argan oil I buy is the pure stuff and hers is no better than any other brand I've used.

Edit: I paid 15 for a HALF oz. of Jose maran,not a whole oz.:perplexed

Last edited:

GreenEyedJen

I may be one of the only people with this view, but I don't really like Argan oil. Granted, I bought it and used it loooong before I found the hair boards, but because it is pricey, I doubt I'll be trying it again anyway. I used to work in the beauty industry and my friend raved about it. She's middle eastern and has beautiful hair. It just didn't do anything for me. Felt like it sat on top of my hair. I eventually used it up as an after shower body oil.

MsSanz92

Has anyone ever tried the Hollywood Beauty Argan Oil? It looks like this:

They also make other products such as a smoothing cream and a deep conditioner.

dlove

LHCF ....SING WITH ME..."YALL GON MAKE ME LOOSE MY MIND, UP IN HERE, UP IN HERE...." sOOO tempted to buy it so tempted lol

constance

If anyone knows, how does Argan oil compare to Camellia oil? I have the latter but I ended up using it on my face rather than hair as it is so light. I'm wondering if Argan is heavier/more penetrating.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i tried creme of nature with argan oil and it was too light. i prefer something that gives my hair some weight.