Hairspiration Naturalremedy cut off all her hair!!!

freecurl

Here is her reason.

Why I cut my hair...

Okay this is actually sort of an interesting story, but I'll make it short. When I came back from China I was apparently heavily medicated because I had worked myself so hard I actually started to hallucinate. I mean it was really mild, I think it only lasted 3 days. But the side effects of whatever they put me on prevented me from sleeping for a while. Like I think I went 3 days without real sleep. I wanted to cut my hair, but my mom wouldn't give me scissors...so to "rebel" which wasn't really rebelling I used a razor instead so I went back to my mom and she was like "what in the world!?!" I told her she didn't give me scissors so I had to cut it myself. She took me to see her hairstylist and the stylist cut a large portion of my hair off as you can see.

But surprisingly it didn't really shock me at all. When I went back home I realized whatever she had put in my hair was burning my head so I washed all of it out in the shower, even though she had said not to take a shower and wash it out. I put in my natural products instead (some shea butter mixed with grapeseed oil).

My mom yelled at me because she wanted me to listen to the sylist but if something is burning my head I am going to wash it out... I really don't care what a stylist says to me. My hair didn't look too defined after the stylist either so that was another thing I needed to fix. After washing it I just put in some shea butter and I was done. I also used some natural stuff I bought at target, so that was good as well.

I think after you have grown your hair really long and had it like that for a while you realize you can just grow it back... When I first started taking care of my hair there was no BC, I was just trying to take care of hair that I had been damaging since I was in middle school. So I think when you start taking care of your hair you might actually go through a few processes. This is what I have been through so far:

1) My hair can grow phase

-In this phase you want to see that your hair can actually grow, despite what you might have been told by other people.
-You try to grow it as long as possible, or as long as you have always wanted it to grow. I think I grew mine out for a total of 4 years. You will probably try every product on the shelf to "grow" your hair. (Hair grows by itself, you don't need special products unless you have health problems.)

2) I have long hair now what?...

-I loved my long hair and I always will, but I always wanted to cut it. I always wanted that option to cut it, but I was afraid to cut my hair because I didn't know what it would look like. I looked for salons to get it professionally cut, but I didn't trust those salons. And I realized...I don't trust anyone with my hair. So in my state of over medicatedness I cut it and I didn't care. I loved my hair most when it didn't hang down my back. I loved it to be bouncy. I loved wash and goes...

So while you are growing out your hair there will probably be a state that you like your hair in most. This will obviously change as you get older. I am only 20, but I know a few things about my hair..

1) I like the natural shape my hair grows into. That's why I don't like hair cuts.
2) I have natural red highlights, which I never knew. I thought it was henna coloring.
3) The back of my hair has the loosest curls, which is why my hair has a tail look to it when I wash my hair.
4) The woman who cut my hair was really sweet. I think I was just upset being there because she was telling my mom bad information about what products to use for her hair... Just remember there are a lot of sweet hairdressers out there who only know how to take care of certain types of hair. My type of hair is not her specialty...
5) I cannot stand straight hair. Yes, I said it (again). I don't like wearing my hair straight. Maybe one day I will, but at this point in my life straight hair is anonying to me. And it seemed like the longer my hair got, the idea of wearing it straight was more depressing to me. When I went to China I learned that a lot of them love the idea of curly hair and I actually got asked by people if I permed my hair (to make it curly). The idea of me straightening it was crazy to them. "Why would you want to straighten your hair? It looks beautiful like that! Are your highlights natural?" And I realized most of the notions I had about beautiful hair came from when I was a kid. That was why I didn't like it when people asked me to straighten my hair because THEY wanted to see what it would look like straight. I think for now..I like my hair best natural. No highlights, no coloring, no stuff to "loosen" my curl pattern. I don't want it to be loose. I like it when it's springy, all coiled and bunched up. That's actually when I like it most.

Pompous Blue

I guess she did what she wanted to do at the time. But I know I would stay away from scissors and other sharp objects if I were medicated and in an emotional state......But she doesn't seem to have any regrets.

MsBoinglicious

Yes, I saw this the other day. BLEW MY MIND BACK! lol I shed a tear..or two! But she is so pretty with the short hair. She said her family/friends and her boyfriend like it! I like it too!

freecurl

She certainly is gorgeous with both short and long hair. In a way I bet it is so liberating.

nappystorm

*this little black girl cried*

However, if I looked that good with short hair, that would have been my signature cut a long time ago.

Tiye

So while you are growing out your hair there will probably be a state that you like your hair in most. This will obviously change as you get older. I am only 20, but I know a few things about my hair..

I'm not a fotki album watcher but, she said she grew her hair for 4 years. In other words she was only 16 when she began growing her hair and maybe her mother did most of her care or had a say so in how it was cared for. When you're on the cusp of 21 it's perfectly reasonable to be ready for hair independence. Most adult women want to experiment with different lengths and styles. She has the rest of her life to do that and to grow her hair out time and again whenever she feels like it.

Kash

Her hair is very pretty long or short. And I love this statment from her...

"I cannot stand straight hair. Yes, I said it (again). I don't like wearing my hair straight."

I don't like straight hair either I'm so glad my hair is naturally wavy. It is so liberating just to wear your natural texture as is.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
She's a doll either way. She looks more mature with it short. I did a similar thing around that age. All the long curls made me look like a little girl. I cut and immediately felt like an adult. And it's only hair, it grows back.

I've been thinking of doing something similar once I lose this weight. I could use a break from my hair.

Lynnerie

As much as I stalk fotki and hair albums I can't believe I've never seen her before. Her hair is gorgeous and she actually looks better with the short cut because it shows how pretty her face is.

Thanks for posting OP.

BostonMaria

*this little black girl cried*

However, if I looked that good with short hair, that would have been my signature cut a long time ago.

LOL I was about to post "somewhere in the US a little black girl is crying" LOL

Her hair looks super cute short. As for me and my hair, we rebuke scissors LOL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lady_q_tee

Sort hair default did get better, it compliments her more than the longer hair. Interesting story

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Duchesse

I used to be all over her album. She looks very pretty with the short hair....and a silent tear shed for her lovely auburn curls.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
she looks absolutely lovely with the short hair!!
for me, that's one of the nicest things about being informed about haircare-you know that with proper care, if you want, your hair can grow right back to where it was.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I love her cut! I shaved my hair off too in 2009 and I can tell you one thing- it is very liberating! Wouldn't do it again though, but it was liberating at the time lol....

ckisland

I absolutely love her old hair. But this short cut is :lick:. Makes me want to cut all of my hair off again. Let me get out of here before I end up with a pair of scissors in my hand :spinning:.

reeko43

I think she looks better with the short hair. In the other picture, her hair is overwhelming her pretty face

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Its what we do...grow it to cut it off and start all over again. She is cute either way.