You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

Nasdaq_Diva

Check this out!

I get weekly emails from the woman who helped me transform my hair. Ms. Chicoro. A few weeks back she sent the following recipe. I didn't get around to applying it until now. I wish I hadn't waited so long. My hair is extremely moisturized! It's been about 5-6hrs since I first applied this and my hair is still super moist! I can't even begin to describe how awesome my hair feels. I dont think it's EVER felt this good..:yep:

I followed this recipe to the tee. I had a little extra aloe vera juice left over (im' APL) Just wanted to share!

A pre-poo or pre-shampoo is a good first step for combating dry, crunchy hair. I would like to go into more detail for you.

Ingredients you will need:

In a bowl mix

· ½ cup of aloe vera juice or whole leaf aloe vera

· 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite oil (wheat germ, olive, safflower, walnut etc)

In a separate Bowl melt

· Food grade coconut oil (1/4 cup)

· Sit the bottle or jar in hot water- do not put in microwave or on the stove!

Remember, everyone's hair has different needs. You may need more or less of this mixture. Or, your hair may not like this at all. None of these will irrevocably change your hair. Thus, you just need to wash out the mixture if your hair doesn't like it.

1. Using your fingers, separate your hair into 4- 8 sections. If your hair is caked with hard product, rinse your hair first. Gently handle the first section. First, smooth the hair in a downward direction. You are just trying to make sure that all the hair is going in one direction. You don't need to completely detangle the hair at this point.

2. Dip your hair in the bowl of aloe vera and oil or cup your hands in the mixture and transfer it to the section onto your hair. Work it through. Get the aloe vera/oil mix into your hair from root to tip. Make sure it is moist throughout the sectioned hair. If your hair is long enough, twist it and wrap it around like a bantu knot. If it is not, try to twist it and move it out the way. Repeat until you have done this to each section.

3. You should have a head full of aloe vera mixed with oil twisted sections. Go back to the first twist you did. Undo it, pour the liquid coconut oil in your hand and work through the section. Re-twist it and repeat on whole head. Place a plastic shower cap on your head for 15-60 minutes. Your moisturizing pre-poo is complete!

This is the first step in adding moisture to your dry, thirsty hair.

Beautify Bit By Bit: Would You Like to Learn How to Gain and Retain Length on Your Afro Textured Hair?

eta: Sorry no pics..my cam phone sucks :sad:

Last edited:

TwistNMx

This is great. This is how (with a few additions), I make my own shampoo. My twists just love the moisture.

lilsparkle825

This is great. This is how (with a few additions), I make my own shampoo. My twists just love the moisture.
what are those additions? i'd love to make my own shampoo, since my hair doesn't get along with those of the commercial variety.

this sounds great, and i have all of these. i hope i remember this the next time i go to wash my hair!

TwistNMx

what are those additions? i'd love to make my own shampoo, since my hair doesn't get along with those of the commercial variety.

this sounds great, and i have all of these. i hope i remember this the next time i go to wash my hair!

In addition to the wheatgerm oil, I use my favorite conditioner (Trader Joes Nourish Hair), along with avocado oil and sometimes a bit of morroccan (sp). oil.
Sometimes I may add a few essential oils for fragrance like lavender or rose absolute. And sometimes I use rosemary oil for stimulation. But I'm thinking of adding it as a tea in the future.
I know that's a lot. HTH :)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I'm subbed her newsletter as well, I remember reading this. Thanks for the review! Your results sound awesome :yep: I have AVJ in my fridge, I may mix some with my usual rice bran oil next wash.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Thx for the review -- I'm subbed to her newsletter but haven't tried this yet; I might give this a try soon.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm so late. I didn't know that she had a newsletter, but a variation of that recipe (if not that exact one) is in her book. :yep: I was just reading through it last night.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
i'll try it this weekend... i already have all the ingredients... and my hir adores moisture!

magviv

I'm subbed her newsletter as well, I remember reading this. Thanks for the review! Your results sound awesome :yep: I have AVJ in my fridge, I may mix some with my usual rice bran oil next wash.

Halee J,
Do you have the link to her newsletter? I'd like to subscribe.

ETA: I just found her website!

Last edited:

beauti

thanks for sharing! do you rinse then apply your 'poo or do you 'poo with the mixture in your hair?

LadyMacgyver

Thanks for the info I get her Newsletter but I don't remember this one.. I have all the ingredients already in my house.. I got a big jug of Aloe Vera Juice from Sams club.. I think I will also order her book.. I really been wanting to read her book also..

Nasdaq_Diva

thanks for sharing! do you rinse then apply your 'poo or do you 'poo with the mixture in your hair?

I rinsed my hair for like 2min before using my Swastik Shikakai poo bar. I ended up having to lather 3-4x because there was still so much 'moisture' left. :lick:

Waking up this morning, my hair still feels great!