A Year Worth of Growth w/ MTG, Mega-Tek, JBCO, etc...

Ginsana

Ok, so let me cut a very long story short...I was completely natural last year (2009) I only did it because I THOUGHT I wanted to go natural...turns out that it wasn't for me. I applaud, salute, and hail up all of you natural ladies!! It is not the easiest journey, and you need patience...of which I did not have for my hair in it's natural stage. :) Forgive me!! I tell ya, if I had more patience, I'd probably be natural still, but alas, that wasn't my testimony...lol!! Ok, so after I big chopped in January (2009) Since I transitioned for 10 months, I hid my hair from January to August of last year cause I wasn't comfortable with my hair being so short. I decided that I would relax my hair in August (right after taking that last photo as a natural above) and protect it for a year with wigs! Under the wigs, I decided to keep my hair braided in 7 cornrows...I moisturized and sealed my cornrows every night with wave nouveau moisturizing finishing creme followed by jamaican black castor oil which went on my scalp as well...i oiled my scalp with it about 2--3x a week...I did that from august 2009 to march 2010 where i got a touch up (see middle photo below).

Oh, I was also taking a multi-vitamin, and nioxin recharging complex vitamins. At this point, I thought the growth was ok, but nothing to alert the media about, so I decided to try a new mixture for my scalp to see what would happen. This time I mixed together Mega-tek, MTG, Jamaican black castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, monistat D (YES, the vagina creme)...I melted them all in the microwave into a liquid and put it in one of those bottles that had the skinny applicator at the top, and i oiled my scalp two to three times a week consistently. All through this I had my hair hidden under my wigs....well, fast forward to august 0f this year and look at the progress! lol...I guess one of those bunch of ingredients, or the combination of all of them did some help!!! Either way, I'm not complainin!! One year mark?!! PRETTY GOOD TO ME! LOL!!

Nasdaq_Diva

Wish you had stayed natural..but I appreciate you sharing your growth and results with us. Excellent progress!

Mystic

WOW!! I can only imagine what your hair will look like 6 months down the road. You are definitely on to something with the combination of products - girl you are serious about this hair growing thing! Awesome.

Ginsana

WOW!! I can only imagine what your hair will look like 6 months down the road. You are definitely on to something with the combination of products - girl you are serious about this hair growing thing! Awesome.

LOL! Yup! And it's all thanks to the many different recommendations on LHCF! I swear if someone would've recommended that oil paint works on the scalp for growth I would have probably tried that too! lOL!!

Ginsana

As soon as I trim my hair and get a wig, I'm so on this bandwagon....

LOL! Well PRAISE GAWD! lol....and if you can't seem to find all those products to make your own mixture, PM me and I'll send you your very own bottle...for free! :) seriously i will!! My momma taught me to share!! lol...

Ginsana

Wow Great Progress!!

I am not worthy of such a comment from YOU!!!!!!!!! OH EM GEE!! Your pikistrips made my jaw hit the ground!! WHO do I have to do to get growth like yours?! lmbo!! i KID! I KID! :) Your hair is amazing!!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

What? Good Growth?
This is PHENOMENAL GROWTH.

Excellent work! Loved the sharing of product, that's so generous of you - sowing a good seed and all. Your hair is beautiful and you have a lovely skintone.

SelfStyled

Whoa- from March to August it literally took off! Congrats!!! Another wig success. I wish I could get w/ the cornrows underneath, but I just can't. Your hair is very pretty both relaxed and natural. Can't wait to see where you are at next year.

dyh080

Thanks for posting this,OP. Every time I'm ready to give up my self imposed 1 year wig challenge( 9/10-9/11) I read inspiring posts like this.

favoured

Thanks for posting - I enjoyed reading your commentary! Great job on the growth and you have a beautiful skintone!
I know you mentioned wearing wigs - were those regular wigs or lacefronts? And if lacefronts were you gluing them down or wearing them as is? Apologies for the bother.
TIA

Stella B.

So glad you posted this. Your results and progress are outstanding! You've found the perfect formula for helping you reach your hair goals! Congrats on a job well done, keep up the progress, and thanks for sharing!

Ginsana

Thanks for posting - I enjoyed reading your commentary! Great job on the growth and you have a beautiful skintone!
I know you mentioned wearing wigs - were those regular wigs or lacefronts? And if lacefronts were you gluing them down or wearing them as is? Apologies for the bother.
TIA

OH EM GEE!!!!!! FIRST OFF, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AWESOME LADIES FOR THE COMPLIMENTS AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!! Yall are sooooo nice!! lol :) Ok, now to answer your question Favoured, I wear lacefronts without glue or tape, only the adjustable straps that it comes with in the back! In fact, if you go here to this link http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=498710 I just posted a thread yesterday about this new curly lace front that I purchased on ebay! I love it!! ahhh!! In the thread I explained what I do to maintain the wigs and how I wear it and such, so you can check it out at your convenience, and if you have any questions, you can reply or PM me, I'm in front my computer all day long! lol.... Oh, as for my skintone, Thanks missy!! I actually cleanse my face with olive oil and baby wipes followed by lemon juice on a cotton swab as a toner, and that's it! I think the lemon juice has helped even out my skin tone because I only started using that as a toner in this year, so I guess you can see the difference in my skin in the photos too from 2009 to now! Thanks again!