Got Pretty Protective Styles PIC?

dlove

I 'll be the very first to admit that I have not retained length in the last year and a half because of manipulation breakage.

I just cant get with the bun and other pin up protective styles. I look so homely, unpolished and ...poor.

Just venting. But um...if you have pictures of a style or styles that you got compliments on and has protected your hair from manipulation, retained length, and is all that, do share my sister, do share.:yawn:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Sorry no pics but I agree - I use those butterfly clips and put my hair up and my ends are out but mid day I add oil to it.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Ok, I realize it's only proper forum etiquette to post pics so here's my low manipulation style for the last 2 months (I'm a newbie and this pic is at 10 weeks post). I oil the ends mid day.

Attachments

• everyday low man style.jpg
    everyday low man style.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 382

Fhrizzball

Ok, I realize it's only proper forum etiquette to post pics so here's my low manipulation style for the last 2 months (I'm a newbie and this pic is at 10 weeks post). I oil the ends mid day.

That looks cute. Do you bun the lower half and splay the top portion over it? Next time I press my hair I may try this when it starts to revert.

SouthernBeauty

I just recently did some twist, then the next week I rollerset them, then after a few days of the rollerset I did a pin up! I had a 3 in 1 protective style!:grin: I dont have a pic of the twist but here are some of the rollerset and pin up!

Attachments

• 38684_1460180338634_1057174372_31368448_1514431_n.jpg
    38684_1460180338634_1057174372_31368448_1514431_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 263
  • Picture0033.jpg
    Picture0033.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 244

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I like hairzings, quick, easy and all my ends hidden. Alot of people ask where I got that "hair thingy" :lol:

Janet'

I don't know if you would classify these as "pretty"...but they get the job done, lol:yep::yep:

Attachments

• Natural Hair 030.jpg
    Natural Hair 030.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 303
  • Natural Hair 034.jpg
    Natural Hair 034.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 262
  • Natural Hair 037.jpg
    Natural Hair 037.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 238

fembot.

I use Goody's spin pins..they are seriously the best thing I've ever tried. It creates cute chignon's anywhere on your head.

It works if your hair is curly or straight at the time. Not too neat, not too messy, no breakage!

Ms_CoCo37

Here are a couple of mine:

The first two were my interpretation of the Southertease Bun done on a braidout:

Here are a couple of a quick bun I threw together before doing my Saturday errands:

acapnleo

All of your styles are pretty... but these 2 are my favorites:drunk: Very pretty... i would love to see the front of the BOTTOM pic. :)

Whimsy

All of your styles are pretty... but these 2 are my favorites:drunk: Very pretty... i would love to see the front of the BOTTOM pic. :)

Sorry, I don't have one, it was mediumish/fatish twists pulled back in a bun, so the front looked kinda like I had smashed curls going back away from my face....that didn't sound nice looking lol but it was (to me)

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
That looks cute. Do you bun the lower half and splay the top portion over it? Next time I press my hair I may try this when it starts to revert.

Thank you:) No bun - I use a third little clip to hold the back up and let the hair fall over it. If there is any loose hair I use a bobby pin to secure it into the side.

snillohsss

I wouldn't say mine is pretty, but I started to accept buns more when I wore them higher on my head rather than lower. I used to wear them lower, and hated them.

Then I started to wear them a little higher, and folks started to say I looked cute, and I haven't looked back! :grin:

nappytherapy

WestNBeauty I am always on your channeling getting lots of style ideas. Last week I tried the braids with pin curls on top....got lots of compliments :drunk: :drunk:
DH was looking at me like:lick: ...TMI but yeah you are SUPER talented..

Keep em coming

Missi

I like these:
(but maybe i look homely, unpolished and poor and just don't know it!)

I NEED TO KNOW HOW YOU CREATE THIS STYLE:yep:....OMG THIS IS BEYOND GORGEOUS. THIS IS MY ANYWHERE PS. THIS IS CUTE FOR THE CLUB, BEACH, WORK, CLASS, OMG....TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME :pray:

Whimsy

I NEED TO KNOW HOW YOU CREATE THIS STYLE:yep:....OMG THIS IS BEYOND GORGEOUS. THIS IS MY ANYWHERE PS. THIS IS CUTE FOR THE CLUB, BEACH, WORK, CLASS, OMG....TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME :pray:

:grin: Glad you dig it.

I make a lil hump in front, then pull my hair into a ponytail.

Divide the ponytail in half top and bottom.

Roll the top half up into a lil cylinder type thing and secure with bobby pins

Roll the bottom half down into the cylinder thing and secure with bobbies

Then just kinda pull and push it into place to look like a big fat 8.

MrsIQ

^^^Thanks Whimsy,

I ran upstairs and did this style just a minute ago. Instead of a ponytail, I used a banana clip! It looks great!!