BSL by Dec 2011

Darenia

BSL was right there and I believe I would have made it by Oct, but I had to do a major trim job last night. I am now an inch away from APL. Sooo I may not see BSL this year. :sad: But, I'mma stick around. You never know what may happen.

chasturner84

Maybe I'm in the minority but BSL wasn't too tough. I have noticed that since reaching BSL, my hair has been hanging around that length and growing slower but it is in a thickening phase. Hopefully I can graze MBL by Dec or early spring next yr with a trim or two :ohwell:

mzsophisticated26

Getting a sew in nxt wk and will definitely keep it in for atleast 2-3mths, I did a henndigo treatment over the weekend and deep conditioned. I am trying to strengthen my hair before my sew in

afrochique

Looks like you made it!!!! Congrats!

Hi ladies,

I relaxed this past Sunday. I didn't pull out my length check shirt for this touch up and didn't take a pic with a bra (I secretly just want to surprise myself on my next touch up lol) but I'm about half an inch from touching the top of my bra. Next touch up will be sometime in October.

Air dried hair:

Flat ironed and dusted my ends:

ImanAdero

I got the split ender! Now I just have to use it lol. Problem is, it's beat to use on straight hair and I don't plan on straightening until November (maybe October).

We'll see though.

Anywho, currently in twists.

I flat ironed my hair on Tuesday (for my birthday) and it seems like I am right on track to be BSL by December. In the back I'm about 1/2 an inch from BSL, but in the front I'm about 2, 2.5 inches. My hair grows in a U shape, which I love!

ETA: I actually think I can probably reach BSL on the back half by Sept/Oct, but I'll have my hair in braids from Sept. to Dec.

The other day I overheard one of my co-workers describe me as the "girl who works at the front with the long hair." I was like :grin: for the rest of the day/eternity.

Last edited:

Fab79

i have not been in here for a minute (4/5 months) i forgot i was in this challenge, but i am getting a sew in on the weekend keeping it in for 8-12 weeks, at my last check i was just under apl and now i've remembered i'm in this challenge i will try hard to bring BSL home by december

MsKikiStar

You been looking for the old version or the new one?

both! BSS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS...none of them have it. I've been avoiding going to Target though, because everytime I go I end up with bags of stuff I didn't need :look:. I bought a bottle of KeraCare Oil Moisturizer With Jojoba Oil the other day and so far it's great :up:.

LaFemmeNaturelle

My official length check is supposed to be at the end of August but I decided to do it early since we have this weekend off from studying. I'm confident that I will make BSL by December but I will also be getting a trim then. Hopefully I don't need too much trimmed off and will be full BSL by February at the latest. I blowdried my hair last night, banded it, and lightly flat ironed a piece. I pulled on it a bit because I didn't get the edges or ends straight but pulling on it didn't make much of a diff lol

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
both! BSS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS...none of them have it. I've been avoiding going to Target though, because everytime I go I end up with bags of stuff I didn't need :look:. I bought a bottle of KeraCare Oil Moisturizer With Jojoba Oil the other day and so far it's great :up:.

This is the only place I get mines, never see it anywhere else. I just got 5 bottles of the new version :look:

lacreolegurl

Hi ladies! Just checking in. Flat ironed and got my hair trimmed last week. I'm definitely on track for BSL by December. I have about 1.5 inches to go.

fivetimestwo

I'm still hanging in there. I got my hair highlighted and flat ironed at the beginning of july and I'm past APL (only my tail though-stupid V-shape:wallbash:). I have been wearing twistouts a lot but I'm going back to bunning for now because of the tangles I get from twistouts. I will probably flat iron near the end of this month to check my progress.

I plan on getting a sew in next month and will *try* to keep it in until the beginning of November (so roughly 6 weeks). I am really bad at hiding my hair long term so we'll see if I make it.

I don't know how many inches I have to go to make BSL by December but I'm going to remain positive and hope I can get there.
:yep:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I think I have been doing good with my hair...Im staying on top of my M&S, protein and moisture balance is in check, and overall it healthy.

sweetpeadee

I'm checking in--it's been a LOOONNNNGGG time... :look:

I'm pregnant now, so I'm on the ball with taking the prenatal vitamins and I'm going to be doing amla oil with sulfur rinses once or twice a month. I'm going to be wearing twists most of the pregnancy (with my hair only) and redoing them every 2 weeks. For a week in-between redoing the twists, I'll be bunning it up! Also, I've started back/ will continue working out so I'll be cowashing on those days.

I'm about an inch away from BSL...and should be there by late Sept/ early Oct at the latest!!! :grin::grin::grin:

HHG ladies!!!!

ImanAdero

I have no idea why I strayed from my StaSoFro spray?!

I just put it in my hair for the first time in a while, and my hair for the first time in a while... Felt good!

Lesson learned: if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!

Still haven't used my split ender, but will soon.

WaistLengthDreams

I have been lurking this thread for a while.

Update: I washed my hair last night, let it airdry and slicked it back into a bun. It's funny when I started the HYH challenge in January, I wore buns begrudgingly. But now, I'm starting to warm up to it.