Perpetual Prayer List

sidney

Good morning ladies,

A perpetual prayer list is a prayer list I keep and the names on it are never removed. I know there is already a prayer request thread but I thought it would be great if we could stop in and pray continually over a list of individuals. Please "Thank" this thread to be added to the prayer list. Stop in as often as you can and pray for the individuals on the list. I've noticed that there is a great need lately coming from the women on the board and our mustard seed prayers can have such a enormous effect on the lives of those around us. Let us remember to continually pray for each other.

Also If you have not joined Nice&Wavy's thread please join the mission thread to pray for christians, ministries, and salvation for nonbelievers abroad. All of us can't do missions but we all can pray. There are about 15 members praying over there and Nice&Wavy is believing for more. Here's the link: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=454742

Please feel free to post specific prayers for CF members in this thread. Let us pray for God's will for the members. We cover this thread with God's holy annointing. May peace and no harm prevail over all who here, in Jesus name, Amen.

Supporting Scriptures:

1 Timothy 2:1-5 says, "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone, for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Wisdom and power: Ephesians 1:18-20 says, "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength."

Strength and knowledge of God's love: Ephesians 3:16-19 says, "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Discernment: Philippians 1:9-11 says, "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God."

Spiritual understanding and knowing God's will: Colossians 1:9 says, "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding."

Steadfastness: 2 Thessalonians 3:5 says, "May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance."

Boldness in sharing the faith: Philemon 1:6 says, "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ."
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=454742

ETA: P.S. I can't "thank" the thread so please remember "Sidney" too and all the "Lurkers" who consistenly read this forum.:grin:

Last edited:

topsyturvy86

I like the idea of a perpetual prayer list. It helps to know that other people are praying for you and continuing to lift you up even when you do not have the strength or will to do so yourself. I don't have any nagging need at the moment but am however willing and very happy to continually pray for others :yep:. Is the list going to be in this thread?

sidney

I like the idea of a perpetual prayer list. It helps to know that other people are praying for you and continuing to lift you up even when you do not have the strength or will to do so yourself. I don't have any nagging need at the moment but am however willing and very happy to continually pray for others :yep:. Is the list going to be in this thread?

The List will be the those that select "Thanks" for now. I can generate a list from that. Thamks topsyturvy for praying.:yep:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Wonderful.. edifying thread. I'm about to read "Power in Prayer" by Dr. Charles Agyin-Asare..my mom just read it and recommended it. What's an hour of prayer? Jesus was irate at the disciples, that they couldn't even tarry for that long! We ought to prayer without ceasing...it doesn't mean to pray all day..but to pray ALL the time. Prayer is how we communicate with the Most High. We pray to petition, we pray to thank Him, we pray for healing...there are so many different types of prayers. Not just the prayers to get the desires of our heart, but to communicate with Him, to fortify our spiritual lives so when these tests come we are ready and won't panic or freak out or feel overwhelmed. We'll be ready.

sidney

Wonderful.. edifying thread. I'm about to read "Power in Prayer" by Dr. Charles Agyin-Asare..my mom just read it and recommended it. What's an hour of prayer? Jesus was irate at the disciples, that they couldn't even tarry for that long! We ought to prayer without ceasing...it doesn't mean to pray all day..but to pray ALL the time. Prayer is how we communicate with the Most High. We pray to petition, we pray to thank Him, we pray for healing...there are so many different types of prayers. Not just the prayers to get the desires of our heart, but to communicate with Him, to fortify our spiritual lives so when these tests come we are ready and won't panic or freak out or feel overwhelmed. We'll be ready.

Laela, you are in my head! I feel the same way. We have to get to the point where prayer is as natural as breathing and there are so many forms of prayer. Paul says pray always using all types of prayer. I think the more you do it, the more it becomes less like a chore and more a part of your being. God is looking for some people who are willing to pray. If we have our thoughts and minds on his concerns, he will take care of ours. I know i need to get my hands on a prayer resource, thank you for sharing the book that you are reading. I'm really interested in learning more about intercession too.

sidney

Isaiah 26:3
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.

Praying.....

Renewed1

Thank you for this thread. Thank you for praying for me. I'm praying for all of ya'll as well. Great idea!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thank you Sidney, for keeping us in your prayers... blessed to be a blessing!