Employment Support Thread

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Morning everyone,

:user: Are you seeking employment, starting a new career and looking for work, employed and looking for growth and/or better opportunities or feel stuck in a dead-end job? If you aren't but know someone - a friend, family member, fellow Believer -- who needs to keep encouraged as they seek work, this thread is also for them.

We know that God is our real Employer, He uses us to minister to others. But He also is our Provider, our Jehova-jireh, and we must trust him when we are in between jobs or seeking a way out. God always gives us a way of escape. He always gives us that job, right on time; removes the wrong people who try to block our success and promotes us. Because we apply our Faith, we aren't operating in the world system. We are operating in God's Kingdom, where there is NO LACK. With God, nothing is impossible.

If God has inspired you to share a scripture or any words of encouragement, job postings, prayer requests or testimonies, please feel free to do so. God has a way of working things out for others when He uses us. Let's encourage and uplift one another in this sometimes overlooked aspect of life. If have prayer needs, there are intercessors in this Forum who will keep you lifted up as wait on Him during your job search.

Some resources:
Mary Whechel has a great Web site, The Christian Working Woman that is a well-spring of inspiration for working women and those seeking work. Her radio broadcast is a God-send in the mornings!

Christian Jobs online is a good resource as well

Stay encouraged :sunshine:

Renovating

Thanks Laela! This is right on time. I applied for a coding training program at work and they are supposed to schedule interviews this week. I've already been to school for coding, but if I go through this program the company will help me get certified and automatically place me in a coding position after the six month training period. I've been praying for favor and I would really appreciate you all standing in agreement with me. TIA

Last edited:

loolalooh

Yes, Thank you Laela! I'll share an employment testimony from 2007 later in the day. In the mean time, I am preparing for another testimony (more financial than employment-related) next year. Yes, I'm speaking it into existence though I won't know the outcome until 2011!!

Here is some encouraging Word:

Matthew 6
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
(NKJV)

PG480

Thank you Laela, like Authenticitymanifesting said this is right on time. I love the computer screen in your post because it truly shows me during this search. I am not currently unemployed but will soon be due to job changes. I have been actively looking for the past two months and I'm realizing the job search is more difficult than I thought. I am definitely asking that you and the CF ladies lift me up in prayer during this time because I am my only means of financial support. I know that God is surely able and is already working it out because he has given me a supernatural joy in spite of the pressure from everything. He has also lead me to read this post which is all the more reason for me to believe and trust in Him. Thank you ladies in advance, God Bless!

HeChangedMyName

I receive this. Funny thing is that yesterday I was looking at the Christian Women Working site. hmmmmm. Let me find out God is preparing me for that next level sooner than I think.

I'm so happy you posted this. After reading through each post, I know there is power among us and it is the power of the Lord. He will bless us all as we pray with and for one another.

Last edited:

song_of_serenity

I have a few interviews this week. One that I've been on seems promising! Please keep me in prayer God will send me to one that will be a blessing time wise and financially ;) as well! I'll keep you in min es well.

loolalooh

I'll keep you ladies in my prayers. I need to work on my faith in God in other areas of my life, but one place where I KNOW He provides is job/finances. Alright, here's the testimony I promised:

Back in 2007, I had just graduated. I thought snagging a job would be easy since I had worked a few internships, just got my post-grad degree, and looked good on paper. Well, God proved me wrong. I've never been a prideful person, but one thing I notice is whenever I start to "feel good" about myself, God shuts it down fast! Lol.
He used this opportunity to humble me and show me that only He could provide.

*I contacted a previous summer employer and applied to their 20+ job positions. No interview nor job offer. My previous boss called and said another guy had an opening and that he put in a good word for me. Still nothing. No call. No returns to my call. No job offer.

*I applied to another company and put in 5+ applications. No interview. Nothing.

*I applied to a company who had wanted to hire me years before. No call. No interview. Nothing.

*I applied to a few other companies and explored a few other contacts. NOTHING.

*I applied to another 5+ jobs with the government. No call. No nothing. What in the world was going on? And the economy wasn't bad in 2007.

I was getting frustrated, but trusted God anyway. The grace periods on my school loans were about to end. I had a monthly car note to pay ($340+/month because of my "fair" credit at the time). Car insurance. Etc. But I trusted God anyway. He eventually directed me to a job posting online for a company that was just expanding to the South. I applied. They called. They interviewed me. Now it was time to wait and hear back.

Then they called again, this time asking about that previous summer employer I mentioned earlier. They wanted to know if that employer had made me an offer. I said that the employer hadn't gotten back to me about a job opening they discussed. (At the time, I still thought the employer would call back. They never did.)

Now for the outcome: They decided not to wait for that previous employer to call me back. They offered me a job with a salary they felt would beat any potential offer I'd get! The salary was about 1.3 times what other companies might've offerred.

What's more? All those companies I applied to are shaking in this 2010 economy. Some have discussed/started lay offs. My company is still thriving.

Last edited:

loolalooh

Some encouragement:

I was in church yesterday where the pastor preached about Jairus in Mark 5. There were many lessons in the sermon, but one that really applies to this thread is that of miracles. In order for miracles to happen, all other means to a solution must be shut down. Many times (if not all) sufferring is what makes room for a miracle.

It was in the death of Jairus' daughter that there was room for a miracle. In the physical realm, there was no way possible to bring her back to life. Even other people tried to discourage him. In the spiritual realm, there's God and His power. We have to remain in faith of God and His power.

I've heard many stories of believers receiving jobs at the "last minute". Just when it looks like no job is coming ... just when it looks like they won't be able to pay the rent or mortgage ... God shows up. After all, how many of us would attribute our blessings to Him if He didn't show up the way He did? It is all for the glory of God. Stay encouraged.

joy2day

I am truly thankful for this thread... I am currently in a transition period right now, and I am being led out of my comfort zone city to a much smaller area in the South. Totally different job market down there, in fact, the pool of available jobs for what I do is very small, and the pay in many instances seems to be thousands less than what I make up North... At this point it is really a quality of life issue for me, and I am ready to make the change, and take the pay cut if I have to... I have applied for just 3 positions so far, 1 in govt, and 2 at a university (of which one position I was really interested in, and looked perfectly qualifed for on paper), but it has been over a month for the university positions, and I haven't heard a thing; in fact the position that I was really interested was re-posted on the university's intranet to add additional qualifications and specs that were not in the original job posting:wallbash: So, I supposed they were not satisfied with the resumes they received, including mine.:sad:

I just pray that the Lord will "open the door that no man can shut", for all of us who are looking...

I will be praying with you guys and following this thread...

Guitarhero

I don't have a scripture to give right now and no great success story, just a little word of encouragement. When it feels like you got what you prayed for but then it turned sour, you still might be where He wanted you for a short season. This happened to me and I got the revelation that I was in the right place for that time. We can always pray for better but sometimes, we're right where He placed us, even if it looks like we were wrong about it.

htown2DAboot

Thanks for starting this! It came right on time! I was just asked to go conduct a phone interview this Wednesday! I'm believing and trusting that God will give me the right words to say, and that the position is mine! Please stand with me!

BlessedStarlette

Hello Ladies

Thank You Laela for starting this thread. God always know when to show up. In my case it's when I start doubting or wondering if I can make it , God always show me other wise.

I am looking to switch careers in a totally different feild, Ladies I ask if you would pray for me as I will pray for you.

He is Faithful!

Laela

Thank you Laela, like Authenticitymanifesting said this is right on time. I love the computer screen in your post because it truly shows me during this search. I am not currently unemployed but will soon be due to job changes. I have been actively looking for the past two months and I'm realizing the job search is more difficult than I thought. I am definitely asking that you and the CF ladies lift me up in prayer during this time because I am my only means of financial support. I know that God is surely able and is already working it out because he has given me a supernatural joy in spite of the pressure from everything. He has also lead me to read this post which is all the more reason for me to believe and trust in Him. Thank you ladies in advance, God Bless!

Beautiful... that supernatural joy you're talking about. Amen!

I receive this. Funny thing is that yesterday I was looking at the Christian Women Working site. hmmmmm. Let me find out God is preparing me for that next level sooner than I think.

I'm so happy you posted this. After reading through each post, I know there is power among us and it is the power of the Lord. He will bless us all as we pray with and for one another.

That site really is awesome... not to push this site.. lol. I've been taking notes listening to her broadcasts lately. Very practical stuff. You're right, we are blessed to be a blessing..in more ways than one.

I have a few interviews this week. One that I've been on seems promising! Please keep me in prayer God will send me to one that will be a blessing time wise and financially ;) as well! I'll keep you in min es well.

I am truly thankful for this thread... I am currently in a transition period right now, and I am being led out of my comfort zone city to a much smaller area in the South. Totally different job market down there, in fact, the pool of available jobs for what I do is very small, and the pay in many instances seems to be thousands less than what I make up North... At this point it is really a quality of life issue for me, and I am ready to make the change, and take the pay cut if I have to... I have applied for just 3 positions so far, 1 in govt, and 2 at a university (of which one position I was really interested in, and looked perfectly qualifed for on paper), but it has been over a month for the university positions, and I haven't heard a thing; in fact the position that I was really interested was re-posted on the university's intranet to add additional qualifications and specs that were not in the original job posting:wallbash: So, I supposed they were not satisfied with the resumes they received, including mine.:sad:

I just pray that the Lord will "open the door that no man can shut", for all of us who are looking...

Thanks for starting this! It came right on time! I was just asked to go conduct a phone interview this Wednesday! I'm believing and trusting that God will give me the right words to say, and that the position is mine! Please stand with me!
You ladies and Authenticity are lifted up in prayers! :yep: I am certain there are others who are also praying for you...never doubt the power of intercessory prayer...

I don't have a scripture to give right now and no great success story, just a little word of encouragement. When it feels like you got what you prayed for but then it turned sour, you still might be where He wanted you for a short season. This happened to me and I got the revelation that I was in the right place for that time. We can always pray for better but sometimes, we're right where He placed us, even if it looks like we were wrong about it.

I believe this to be true....:yep: there are times we need to 'go through' and get tested to get the lesson God has for us. Unemployment was a season for me before, and I can attest that season only reinforced my trust in God. Amen to that!

Hello Ladies

Thank You Laela for starting this thread. God always know when to show up. In my case it's when I start doubting or wondering if I can make it , God always show me other wise.

I am looking to switch careers in a totally different feild, Ladies I ask if you would pray for me as I will pray for you.

He is Faithful!

I will definitely keep you in prayer, BlessedStarlette! Transitioning. It's is a challenging but very rewarding experience, especially when leaving a career that you know (with God's help) is not for you. I can emphasize with you on the doubt. Don't give doubt (or fear) an inch to deter you! And please stay away from the naysayers who dare tell you you're crazy, or too old or you should wait or whatever. Take it to the Throne and leave it there. A career transition is like being afraid to jump into the pool on a hot day....you know you need to but don't want to. Then splash! It's refreshing and a great load lifted off one's shoulders.... :)

Highly Favored8

Some encouragement:

I was in church yesterday where the pastor preached about Jairus in Mark 5. There were many lessons in the sermon, but one that really applies to this thread is that of miracles. In order for miracles to happen, all other means to a solution must be shut down. Many times (if not all) sufferring is what makes room for a miracle.

It was in the death of Jairus' daughter that there was room for a miracle. In the physical realm, there was no way possible to bring her back to life. Even other people tried to discourage him. In the spiritual realm, there's God and His power. We have to remain in faith of God and His power.

I've heard many stories of believers receiving jobs at the "last minute". Just when it looks like no job is coming ... just when it looks like they won't be able to pay the rent or mortgage ... God shows up. After all, how many of us would attribute our blessings to Him if He didn't show up the way He did? It is all for the glory of God. Stay encouraged.

ITA.... With the bolded. I am seeing this more and more.:yep: God is Awesome!

Highly Favored8

My Sister in Christ friend gave me so wonderful encouragement a few weeks back. She was unemployed for almost 2 years. We both attend the same church and we speak quite often on the phone or we visit one another. Our Church just finished a 90 day miracle fasting, praying and giving. At the end of the 90 day at our church my friends unemployment ran out she exhuasted all of her benfits no more extensions so, she made a confession and declaration to me and I stood in agreement with her.

Check this out-

The next week a friend of ours tells her about her company is hiring so my friend fills out the application turns in her resume and cover letter etc... she goes on the interview.

Now check this out-

20 people applied for the job-so my friend goes on about her business-the company calls her back and says "for some reason we just felt that those 19 other people could not bring the empathy that you Ms.******* can!" Can you please come in and fill out the paper work and when can you start? God is so AWESOME! my friend started the next day

Ladies check this out- we were praying and before the 90 day miracle ended my friend made a confession to me I cannot go into detail but I will tell you this that what my friend spoke to me- I promise you it all came to pass concerning her new career! God is so AWESOME!

This tells me that

1.God hears our prayers.
2. We must trust in the Lord.

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

I stand on Psalms 37:25- I confess over and over

"I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread."

Renovating

“and to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one.” 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Commit your work to the LORD, and then your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 16:3

May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-- yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Psalm 1:3............Whatsoever I do shall prosper for I am like a tree planted by rivers of water.

Col 3:15............I let the peace of God rule in my heart, I refuse to worry about anything

Col 2:10........... I am complete in Him who is the head of all principality and power

HeChangedMyName

Although Proverbs 31 is generally considered the blueprint for a good wife, it still demonstrates that a good woman is business minded. I claim these attributes for myself and all of you ladies who aspire to be more like her. I thank God in advance for moving in the lives of us all to bring us up to the level that we can be seen in the light that he saw lady Proverb.

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings
she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all." 30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

HeChangedMyName

Some encouragement:

Ain't that the truth. You have to be blind in order to have the miracle of sight, and deaf in order to have the miracle of hearing, broken in order to be made whole. Sometimes God will let a thing die just so he can get the opportunity to bring it back.

Luke 7:
11Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."
14Then he went up and touched the coffin, and those carrying it stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" 15The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.

16They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." 17This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea[a] and the surrounding country.

Apply again! Don't take no for an answer. lol

My Sister in Christ friend gave me so wonderful encouragement a few weeks back. She was unemployed for almost 2 years. We both attend the same church and we speak quite often on the phone or we visit one another. Our Church just finished a 90 day miracle fasting, praying and giving. At the end of the 90 day at our church my friends unemployment ran out she exhuasted all of her benfits no more extensions so, she made a confession and declaration to me and I stood in agreement with her.

Check this out-

The next week a friend of ours tells her about her company is hiring so my friend fills out the application turns in her resume and cover letter etc... she goes on the interview.

Now check this out-

20 people applied for the job-so my friend goes on about her business-the company calls her back and says "for some reason we just felt that those 19 other people could not bring the empathy that you Ms.******* can!" Can you please come in and fill out the paper work and when can you start? God is so AWESOME! my friend started the next day

Ladies check this out- we were praying and before the 90 day miracle ended my friend made a confession to me I cannot go into detail but I will tell you this that what my friend spoke to me- I promise you it all came to pass concerning her new career! God is so AWESOME!

This tells me that

1.God hears our prayers.
2. We must trust in the Lord.

Awesome! What stood out to me is the bolded. Often when we think of confessing, it is in respect to James 5:16 which mentions confessing our faults to one another. . .which is God's Word so it's correct.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

However, sometimes we have to confess the Word of God over our lives also. I confess that according to the Word of the Lord, I am the head and not the tail, That I am fearfully and wonderfully made, etc.

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

Ain't that the truth. You have to be blind in order to have the miracle of sight, and deaf in order to have the miracle of hearing, broken in order to be made whole. Sometimes God will let a thing die just so he can get the opportunity to bring it back.

Luke 7:
11Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."
14Then he went up and touched the coffin, and those carrying it stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" 15The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.

16They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." 17This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea[a] and the surrounding country.

Apply again! Don't take no for an answer. lol

Awesome! What stood out to me is the bolded. Often when we think of confessing, it is in respect to James 5:16 which mentions confessing our faults to one another. . .which is God's Word so it's correct.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

However, sometimes we have to confess the Word of God over our lives also. I confess that according to the Word of the Lord, I am the head and not the tail, That I am fearfully and wonderfully made, etc.

HeChangedMyName, the bolded is what's up:yep: I told my friend about you and my friend said you know what "if God did this for her then he will do it for me"! Confessing the Word of God is very and so powerful and Standing on the Word of the Lord:yep:

honeycomb719

OMG this thread is so on time for me ladies. I have been unemployed for 2.5 yrs and I have been applying to so many jobs and on several interviews and not 1 call back. Like many in this thread my credentials look great on paper (advanced degree and all) but nothing has opened up for me. I have a interview in the morning, its for a position Im really inspiring to get out of (clinical dental hygiene) but I will take it if its offered.
I have been praying for a position at the university that will allow me to use both my clinical and advanced degree. I applied for this one position and Im praying to hear back something very soon. Ladies keep me and my family in your prayers, unemployment has been run out for me, Im just blessed that my husband has been able to manage holding down the forth this long. It has been so difficult being unemployed this long. It has really humbled me in areas I didnt know I needed it. But God has revealed some things to me in this time Ive been laid off. Im hoping and praying everyone in this thread finds favor in the positions they seek, in Jesus name, AMEN!!!

Laela

^^^Honeycomb, all the best with your interview tomorrow! Unemployment can be a blessing in disguise in so many ways and you have a great attitude about it all. God has been sustaining your family and it's great to read stuff like this.

PG480

I thought I was already encouraged while going through this job search, but after reading Topsyturvy86 testimony in the blog section I have become even more than encouraged. Ladies I am asking that you please lift me up in prayer this week (last week at current job) regarding employement. Like topsyturvy I also have obstacles that can appear to make certain job positions impossible, however I do believe that where two or three are gathered in his name He is there, and that prayer does move mountains. Thank you so much ladies....God Bless

Renewed1

Ladies, I have a interview tomorrow for a position. It's ideal for me, please pray that I receive this job.

PG480

Ladies, I have a interview tomorrow for a position. It's ideal for me, please pray that I receive this job.
I have been meditating upon this saying " God does not close one door without opening another" Changed, I will definitely say a prayer for you:yep: and is also believing that God has GREAT things in store for His children.