Please help with my scalp burns

miss stress

I realxed my hair today for the first time in 4 and a half months and it looks awesome and I got a nice length surprise too. But I burned the holy crap out of myself and I need to relieve the pain so tips, tricks, suggestions eTc. PLEASE

Vintageglam

ALOE VERA - get the plant and cut it open and get to spreading the sap on your scalp.

Good luck and sorry to hear about the burns (((HUG)))

taz007

Every time that I relax my hair (I NEVER have burns), I put Aloe Vera and Garlic on my scalp and sleep in it over night. No pain, nor shedding.

I am so sorry that this happened to you :(

miss stress

Like raw garlic or powder form? will it stop the pain if I do it now cause It really hurts and I sent hubby to the market to get an aloe plant hopefully he will make it b4 it closes cause all I have is aloe vera gel if he doesnt

Every time that I relax my hair (I NEVER have burns), I put Aloe Vera and Garlic on my scalp and sleep in it over night. No pain, nor shedding.

taz007

Like raw garlic or powder form? will it stop the pain if I do it now cause It really hurts and I sent hubby to the market to get an aloe plant hopefully he will make it b4 it closes cause all I have is aloe vera gel if he doesnt

I use Aloe Vera Gel with Garlic oil pills (I poke holes in the pills). Not sure if garlic oil will stop the pain, though.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL

Which aloe vera do you use and the name of your Garlic oil? How much do you use of each? Thanks

Aireen

KERACARE!

KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Shampoo + Conditioner is GREAT! It may be a tad bit expensive depending on your budget because of the size of the bottle but it's worth it.
Back when I was a teen I used to have BAD dandruff and sores that would get worse with relaxers, swimming, and hair growth. I used the conditioner more because my mother was concerned about keeping my hair soft and back then it kept my hair way softer than any dandruff shampoo or conditioner. Now since I have more products it's still okay but I only apply it on my scalp after shampooing, let it sit for the recommended time (15 minutes), wash it out, and apply my regular conditioner to my hair. It actually HEALS my sores after around one or two uses. If you use it continuously, you will need it less and less over time.

Anyway, it's WONDERFUL! Definitely a staple even though I don't need to use it as much now. I just use it after relaxers if I have bad burns, when I have a hair growth itch, and just general irritation to avoid getting sores.

(Sorry that this post is all over the place but I just LOVE KeraCare and it REALLY helped because my dandruff and sores were disgusting and embarrassing. I even went to my doctor and they took a sample and I had some type of fungal scalp condition that was made worse by swimming and regular relaxers. If it's helped me after all that, it can definitely help you. :lachen:)

Last edited:

Ms Lala

ALOE VERA - get the plant and cut it open and get to spreading the sap on your scalp.

Good luck and sorry to hear about the burns (((HUG)))

I agree w/aloe. When I relaxed it worked great. I still use aloe when I get burns from cooking. I use aloe gel though not the plant. It's easier for me to store and I used for shaving and on my hair too.

ladylibra_30

Aloe vera gel (you can buy the leaf at the grocery store), Neosporin, Tylenol, Low-No manipulation of hair/scalp until healed and a scab forms.

HHG!

Minty

these are chemical burns - garlic burns and can leave quite a lingering odor.

Tamanu Oil is good
Neosporin is okay
Aloe can burn as well and I do not suggest use on seeping wounds.

If you have seeping burns - you must keep it clean and dry and apply neosporin.

girlcherokee

KERACARE!

KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Shampoo + Conditioner is GREAT! It may be a tad bit expensive depending on your budget because of the size of the bottle but it's worth it.
Back when I was a teen I used to have BAD dandruff and sores that would get worse with relaxers, swimming, and hair growth. I used the conditioner more because my mother was concerned about keeping my hair soft and back then it kept my hair way softer than any dandruff shampoo or conditioner. Now since I have more products it's still okay but I only apply it on my scalp after shampooing, let it sit for the recommended time (15 minutes), wash it out, and apply my regular conditioner to my hair. It actually HEALS my sores after around one or two uses. If you use it continuously, you will need it less and less over time.

Anyway, it's WONDERFUL! Definitely a staple even though I don't need to use it as much now. I just use it after relaxers if I have bad burns, when I have a hair growth itch, and just general irritation to avoid getting sores.

(Sorry that this post is all over the place but I just LOVE KeraCare and it REALLY helped because my dandruff and sores were disgusting and embarrassing, I even went to my doctor and they took a sample and I had some type of fungal scalp condition that was made worse by swimming and regular relaxers. If it's helped me after all that, it can definitely help you. :lachen:)

ooh i am sorry to hear this - i 2nd the aloe vera - i used to get burned pretty bad by beauticians and i would leave them and go straight to the store for my aloe leaves!!! i dont know if it helped the actually burning but it definately sped up my healing for sure.
aireen i am interested in knowing more about the keracare - do you know what the ingredients are? is it the conditioner or the shampoo that you find most helpful?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I realxed my hair today for the first time in 4 and a half months and it looks awesome and I got a nice length surprise too. But I burned the holy crap out of myself and I need to relieve the pain so tips, tricks, suggestions eTc. PLEASE

i have also burned myself a few times (than i laughed at myself becuase i was so use to being natural, and had no idea what i was doing when i texlaxed) i sprayed some s curl on it and 24 hours later it was like i never burned:look:. the scurl made it sooo soft!

Aireen

ooh i am sorry to hear this - i 2nd the aloe vera - i used to get burned pretty bad by beauticians and i would leave them and go straight to the store for my aloe leaves!!! i dont know if it helped the actually burning but it definately sped up my healing for sure.
aireen i am interested in knowing more about the keracare - do you know what the ingredients are? is it the conditioner or the shampoo that you find most helpful?

Yeah, it was so disgusting but that's all resolved now. :grin:

I've used the conditioner more than the shampoo. I only have one con about it and it is that the KeraCare conditioner does not seem to interact well with other conditioners, the conditioners will still leave my hair soft but not AS soft as using my regulars alone. My hair sort of feels like there is a bit of a light coating on it when using both the KC and my regular conditioners on my hair. That is why I only apply the conditioner to my scalp and also why I've switched to the shampoo. Performance wise, it does eliminate dandruff and for me, my scalp condition. It also softens the hair but since we're all LHCF ladies that use a plethora of products it may not measure up to other moisturizing conditioners.

KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Shampoo:

Active Ingredients - Zinc Pyrithione
Ingredients - Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Dihydrogenated Tallow, Phthalic Acide Amide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium-28, Glycol Stearate, Menthol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Extracts of: Nettle, Pine, Burdock, Chamomile, Marigold, Rosemary, Ivy, Arnica, Lime, Corn Flowe, Wild Chamomile, St. John's Wort, Watercress & Garlic, Tetrasodium EDTA, Perfume, DMDM Hydantoin, FD&C Blue #1.

KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Conditioner:

Active Ingredients - Zinc Pyrithione
Ingredients - Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-23 (and) Mineral Oil, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Copolymer Acrylamide, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium PCA, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Magnesium Citrate, Octyl Dimethyl PABA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simethicone, Perfume, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Methylparaben.

loonggood

Itchy scalp is usually caused by dry skin. That, that you find your hair oily does not mean your scalp is moisturized. There are many product over the counter and in health stores for itchy scalp. The best home remedy is to use mayonnaise as it has protein from the eggs and oil. Cover your hair with mayonnaise, put a shower cap on and keep on 30-60 minutes, shampoo as usual, hair and scalp come silky and moisturized. You have to repeat it few times, like once a week to see better results. If your hair is not growing longer many times it is genetic and not every ones hair grows as long as they want it to. You can get supplement for hair from a health food store, use it for a while and see if it helps. If you want to try those oils you mentioned, try them one at a time for couple weeks to see which one will work for you, as like any other supplement, works different on each person. Use shampoo that is for normal hair, it will neutralized the oil in your hair, better than shampoo for oily hair. The best shampoo that has the most colagen in it is VO5, the cheapest one.

silenttullip

for the pain coconut oil massage it gently and some infusium23 for the burn itself I did that one time and it ate out my hair where the burn was I poured a little infuse on it everyday and it ended up thicker than the reast of my hair a few months later

JJamiah

I'd do Neosporin I use this for lots of cuts, deep and horrid. I figure it can do wonders for your burns :) Sorry to hear this happened to you :(

miss stress

Well heres the update, my husband couldnt find any aloe plants last night so I just used neosporin and went to bed, they, (I have 2 chem burns) scabbed over by the time I woke up and the pain pretty much went away too. Until I attempted to comb my hair anyway. I wanted to flat iron, dust and do a length check but I may just have to wait till the scabs come off.

Thanks so much for all of your responses

Junebug D

Glad you're doing better. Neosporin is great. One time the stylist decided to relax my sideburns :look: and I got a burn on the side of my face. I was petrified that I would end up with a horrible scar. Neosporin healed it right away.