Newbie with a question....

MDreamz

Hi Ladies. I am relaxed and have a problem with dry scalp. It seems that I am allergic to everything I use. I have done coconut oil, castor oil, rosemary, jojoba, and almond, everything under the sun. I even tried Carrot oil and my head and body felt like it was on fire! I have hives all over my face. What can I do to keep my scalp moisturized and the white flakes away?:ohwell:

*crystal*

:welcome::welcome4::welcome3:Hi and welcome! :imo:I think that before you try ONE MORE PRODUCT you should probably see a dermatologist/allergist to find out the source of your allergies. Your skin should not feel like it's "on fire" after trying so many natural products. Also, you should post your hair care reggie so that we can see if its something you're doing (too much manipulation, direct heat, etc). It could even be foods you are eating. Hope this helps :sunshine:

Nonie

Also consider adding oils to your diet: flaxseed, oily fish, other EFA supplements...and drinking water. Dry scalp, like dry skin, could be a sign of dehydration.

Another thing to consider, flakes aren't always due to dry scalp; they could be due overproduction of sebum.

a_shoe_6307

I agree with going to see a doctor about your issue. It may be something else going on that needs to be addressed by a professional. The same thing happened to my bestie and she ended up having to go to the dermatologist to get the issue resolved. Also, vitamin E and flaxseed oil is great as well.

miss stress

after you rule out weather or not ure allergic to your shampoo and conditioner, I suggest not putting anything directly on ure scalp just wash and dc more to keep moisture in ure hair and keep the itches away. I usedto have really bad scalp flakes too until I stopped puttign product on my scalp so maybe u wanna try that

MDreamz

Thanks for the welcome. My reggie for my 4a/4b hair is relaxed every 3 months( currently 4 months post)
co wash every week/Shampoo every other week
daily moisture with castor oil..protective styling with braids and quick weaves, I started checking fotki's and reading about the other oils figuring they would help with growth. I guess I was wrong. I shampooed and conditioned my hair with VO5 strawberries and Creme, after I air dried 80% I blew the rest of my hair dry and applied my 99cent store castor oil and the itching and burning stopped. The hives started vanishing as the day went by and I guess I better stick to what I know.