ORS Olive Oil Creme Relaxer?

guudhair

Any reviews on this relaxer?...I already use the one that comes in the box but the one in the picture is the no-base formula...

Last edited:

guudhair

I like the box one too...but if this one is any good, I'd rather use it since I wouldn't have to mix it...so does no base mean that it's a lye relaxer?

Lissa0821

I like this perm a lot it doesn't relax bone straight. For a while I was adding two tablespoons of olive oil and my hair was coming out a little too
underprocessed. But I now use one tablespoon of olive oil and two capfuls of Protein Filler. I have nice body and fullest in my hair that use to be really fine and flat after being relaxed.

Ms Kain

Any reviews on this relaxer?...I already use the one that comes in the box but the one in the picture is the no-base formula...

The relaxer in this picture is a Lye relaxer and I tried it (The ORS Olive Oil Professional NORMAL) about nine weeks ago and it has been absolutely wonderful! I didn't mix anything in it but it's nine weeks later and my hair still has shine and manageability without losing its thickness and I've had very low breakage. Now, I did experience breakage last week but it was extremely low in comparison to the other relaxers I've used and I knew this would happen because my hair is naturally porous and I didn't bother to correct it. Even so, I usually get this kind of thing happening to me at seven weeks with the Mizani relaxer and this time with the ORS OLIVE oil professional salon relaxer it happened at nine weeks and wasn't as much!

Also, even though I relax my hair entirely straight, I did notice how much time it took it to get straight. I have 4a hair in some areas and alittle looser in other areas. I noticed that it took longer to get it as straight as I wear it but that was good because this meant that the olive oil that's already in there slows down the processing time a tad bit. So if you're interested in texlaxing this would be great but it's also great if you want to be straight but you need more application time because it will actually give you more time to get through your hair and smooth until it's as straight as you want it. It's adjustable and I like that! :sweet:

One thing I did differently is that even though it said that it has a No Base formula, I still based....

I just can't get with the no-basing program......
:nono:

But yeah, my hair is healthy, I'm loving it and I will definitely be using it again! :yep:

augiemoment

Ms Kain what did you mean by base? is it like basing with something to protect your scalp.
I'm seriously thinking of using this relaxer on my next touch up. This past two weeks i did touch ups for two of my friends, one used a no-lye(which is what i use) and the other used lye. they both had similar texture and had new growth of abt three months.
thing is i liked the outcome of the lye relaxer better than the other. It didnt look so strong afterwards which is what i get with the no lye. this got me thinking about swithching because i'm tired of haveing a relatively long hair that does not swing. and i'm thinking its due to my relaxer.

Ms Kain

Ms Kain what did you mean by base? is it like basing with something to protect your scalp.
I'm seriously thinking of using this relaxer on my next touch up. This past two weeks i did touch ups for two of my friends, one used a no-lye(which is what i use) and the other used lye. they both had similar texture and had new growth of abt three months.
thing is i liked the outcome of the lye relaxer better than the other. It didnt look so strong afterwards which is what i get with the no lye. this got me thinking about swithching because i'm tired of haveing a relatively long hair that does not swing. and i'm thinking its due to my relaxer.

Yeah, I just meant that even though Iit says that it's a "no base" formula (by that it means that the relaxer is supposed to have a lower concentration of lye in it so that your scalp doesn't need extra protection before relaxing) they don't mention exactly how much less and that's why I tend to coat my scalp anyway. I do this because I've seen other relaxers say that they are a "no base" formula yet they've still irritated people. Just an extra measure of protection!:yep:

I hear what you're saying about using "no lye" relaxers. The few times I've tried it, I didn't get good results. Even if it started out looking good, somewhere in the middle it would start breaking. I read an article by Sistaslick that explained why and there's a long explanation for it but the bottom line is that lye relaxers help keep the bonds of your hair stronger than the "no lye" formulas do and that's pretty much why I love Organic Root Salon's Profesional formula! It definitely does its' job! :sweet: