Sapote Oil questions

CaliDiamond

This oil is found in a LOT of Dominican deep conditioners and products. I find that it has strengthening and softening properties. On my hair, it acts similar to amla oil.

Krystle~Hime

Sapote oil is one of my fav oils.

I've first use it because my healthy store categorizes it as great for afro hair and known in dominican republic as a hair loss slower. Personnaly I've found it awesome for soothes scalp, making hair so soft gosh oil rinses are :lick: with it !!!
I use it as a base with essential oils for scalp massaging :lick:
for oil rinses and I plan to do a heavy butter with it. :drunk:

Cons : expensive depending on seller, but i've found one okay in UK ^^

Rose1
westNDNbeauty

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I bought mine from Pura Body Naturals, during a sale. I can't remember exact product combo, but that sapote, man I thought it was magic! My hair softened up immediately (thinking I was right before GHE). I really like it, but haven't used cause I don't want it to disappear.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I just used some to seal after spraying my hair with water and it's maaaaagical. :infatuated:

My hair is so incredibly soft, it's crazy. My hair is usually a little rough and hard when it fully dries, but right now? It's just soft and fluffy and delicious.

I want 20 gallons of this stuff-- no, I want the world's entire supply :lol:

tiffers

IDareT'sHair No, it wasn't. :sad:

I wasn't even thinking I would like it, I just added it to my order so I could get free shipping. :lachen: But maaan, am I wishing I'd bought more!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
tiffers Shoot! I didn't think it was:sad:

I have 1 of the Sapote & 2 of the Brazil Loc Oil(s), which I got from the last Sale & also heard was very good too.

I haven't tried either yet tho'.:ohwell:

tiffers

IDareT'sHair The Brazil Loc Oil is good, but it ain't no Sapote. :lol:

If I hadn't tried Sapote, I'd be stanning for the Brazil Oil...

But now, Sapote = baby daddy

tiffers

IDareT'sHair Girl, YASSSS!

It's like I have a new head of hair right now, no lie. I thought my hair was just meant to be a little rough, but fate has intervened and shown me the way: *whispers reverently* Sapoteeeee.

Krystle~Hime

I just used some to seal after spraying my hair with water and it's maaaaagical. :infatuated:

My hair is so incredibly soft, it's crazy. My hair is usually a little rough and hard when it fully dries, but right now? It's just soft and fluffy and delicious.

I want 20 gallons of this stuff-- no, I want the world's entire supply :lol:

tiffers
You used it alone for sealing ? where do you live ? does the weather is cold actually where you are ? Because sapote oil solidifies when it's getting cold :ohwell:

tiffers

Krystle~Hime It's been pretty cold here lately, the temperature ranges from the 30's-50's.

I wasn't aware of it solidifying. It was delivered on a cold day-- the bottle was cold when I opened it-- and it was still liquid.

tiffers

IDareT'sHair T, you gotta use some the next time you M&S. I'm telling you, it's fantastic!

I'm gonna steam with it and see how it goes. Matter of fact, I think I'll experiment and only use Sapote on my hair for a few days. See how it goes.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
tiffers

I will. I'll pull them both out. :yep: The Brazil Loc & the Sapote. :lick:

I ended up with another Brazil Loc after Brownie518 's Review of the Loc Oil. :grin:

I shoulda' bought another Sapote back then, when those Oils were on Sale.

Krystle~Hime

tiffers yes, it's not becoming hard like coconut oil hardens. but it's a oil with some hard stuff and here in europe weather is around 30-40

NappyNelle it smells like frangipane :rolleyes: ? do you like this smell ?

tiffers

NappyNelle It has a unique scent... Sapote kind of reminds me of castor oil. That kind of weird smell... I can't describe it! :lol:

ladykpnyc

I use Anita Grant's Sapote Pomade as a sealant...It leaves my hair really soft :yep:

I have never tried the oil alone, but I wouldn't be opposed to it...

southerncitygirl

i once tried a anita grant pomade with evco and sapote in it....it was too hard so i melted it down and added more evco...sapote is magical and i love it....i need to order some and add it to my current oil mix that i make.

CrueltyFree

I love sapote oil. I use the Anita Grant sapote oil. I've tried a cheaper brand that is here in the states but it sucked. The quality doesn't compare.

I use it on my face for the most part, because it is so expensive, and it is amazing for my skin. My scalp likes it too but I can't oil my scalp often or I'll get itchies faster.