Forget HAIR for now! HELP HAITI

gissellr78

Ladies get together with your family members to help Haiti.
Yele.org is Wyclef's site or choose any organization you choose.

Let's get together to help Haiti!

TeeWhyAre

Either you can use your cell phone to text “Yele” to 501501, which will automatically donate $5 to the Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund (it will be charged to your cell phone bill), or you can click here to DONATE (http://www.yele.org/)

To donate $10 to the Red Cross, text "Haiti" to 90999. Please help provide emergency relief. Thank you.

TeeWhyAre

I concur, its really sad when no one gives these threads love.

we have a similar thread in OT and I've been getting the message on fb all day. I don't think it's that people don't want to give threads such as these love, it's that they've been getting them all day from other sources so when it's your 4th or 5th or 43rd time hearing the same thing, you just let it pass you by.

I donated 10 to the red cross and 5 to Clef... maybe I'll do another 5 to Clef.

But yeah, I do believe that for less than the cost of some of folks favorite hair products, we can put our money together and collectively do something that will benefit this nation of people that have already been through so much.

merilusmims

I really Like ICDM its a nonprofit christian organization which runs schools over there and help educate the people they are taking action to help now and as a haitan whos family has been helped by them i would like to put them out there they have updates about the earthquake and happenings .They also provide food and shelter .Get better HAITI Ma cherie!!

http://www.icdm.us/

TeeWhyAre

svt has a good idea of putting it in your siggy. So, if you want more folks to see it, put it in your siggy. Thnx, SVT for letting me copy your sig.

JJamiah

I donated this morning, actually went directly to Amazon upon logging on and was shocked it wasn't on there, I donated directly through the Red Cross. I am also glad they made this a stickey. I couldn't even look myself in the mirror to know I'd spend money on hair supplies but not help a country in need. :)

I am guilty of posting this all over my Facebook! I can live with that guilt though!

i don't know any haitian ppl but since i've heard abt the disaster i felt the need to do something.. thanks for the info.. i donated "& i plan to put it in my signature

nikki2229

I plan on donating but thanks for starting this thread!

ETA: This is a truly tragic situation and I pray for them and their families.
I just donated through Yele and plan to donate through the Red Cross.

Last edited:

SVT

i don't know any haitian ppl but since i've heard abt the disaster i felt the need to do something.. thanks for the info.. i donated "& i plan to put it in my signature

Yes you do! We have lots of Haitian members on the board!:yep:

yardyspice

I donated through the Red Cross last night and I would suggest that people be careful about which organizations they give their hard earned money to. We want the money to go to legitimate orgs not scam artists like what happened after Katrina.

LadyPaniolo

Just because we are thinking about hair doesn't mean we aren't concerned about Haiti. I was literally sobbing earlier over this tragedy. Sitting here rocking back and forth for hours will not help the Haitian people. In a time of stress, sadness and horror, people sometimes need to also think about something positive, something they DO have a measure of control over.

gissellr78

Just because we are thinking about hair doesn't mean we aren't concerned about Haiti. I was literally sobbing earlier over this tragedy. Sitting here rocking back and forth for hours will not help the Haitian people. In a time of stress, sadness and horror, people sometimes need to also think about something positive, something they DO have a measure of control over.

I agree i just needed a title and i chose one that's all....Thanks.