HELP PLEASE---MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT!!!

glamchick84

I hate to put my business out, but this is my only option. I recently started taking anti-depressant pills and now my hair is falling out. I know to stop taking the med but what can i do now to stop it? will it continue? omg, i'm a wreck right now...please help

Shoediva

I would first check to see if hair loss is one of the side effects, if it is. I would then ask the dr if there is an alternative medicine you can take that doesnt have hair loss as a side effect. I would also research the internet to see if there are any other medicinal or natural alternatives.

I know this is easier said than done, but try not to stress too much over it as added stress can also lead to hair loss.

GL

hair4romheaven

first you may want to try something that is not going to make you worried. depression it self can cause hair to fall out. yoga, pilates or a form or meditation can help also try essential oils like this:
HAIR LOSS TONIC

Ingredient :

10 drops of Rosemary
10 drops of lavender
5 drops of basil
4 ounce of jojoba oils.

This blend should give your hair a nice shine and also helps the body to stimulate growth.

Blend well in an amber bottle and massage a few drops into your scalp at night or apply them on your hair brush and brush your hair thouroughly.

Blends Recipe for Hair Growth:

2 drops Thyme essential oil ( Thymus vulgaris )
2 drops Atlas cedarwood essential oil ( Cedrus atlantica )
3 drops Lavender essential oil( Lavandula angustifolia )
3 drops Rosemary essential oil ( Rosmarinus officinalis )
3 ml teaspoon Jojoba oil
20 ml Grapeseed oil

Mix well thyme, cedarwood,lavender, and rosemary essential oils into a small glass jar. After that add the remaining carrier oils. Mix thoroughly.

Massage this recipe into your scalp for at least two minutes every night. Wrap your head in a warm towel after treatment to enhance absorption.

Isabelle C. Hay and colleagues from the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in Scotland gave 84 people, suffering from alopecia areata, a type of hair loss that causes patchy baldness.

They asked them to rub the essential oils recipe above into their scalps daily. After seven months, 44% of them has regrew as much as half of their hair, while a few regrew almost all of their hair back.

Jaegermany

When did you have your baby?

Are the pills a result of postpartum depression?

If you gave birth within the past year...its probably due to postpartum shedding and the pills may have nothing to do with it.

After I had my last son...I had severe thinning in my temple area and I had to cut it into a style because the thinning was ridic. the stylist was like WTH happened?! I said I just had a baby and he said that definitely explains it!

There isnt anything you can do to really stop nature from taking its course...but the lesser of the two evils is not stopping the pills if they are what you need right now :/

Baby your hair...step up treatments and maybe schedule an appt. with your prescribing dr. to discuss the side effects of said meds. and see if that is a result and if maybe there is someting elseyou can take that fits what you need and is agreeable. But stopping and starting and switching those meds are for real for serious so make sure you consult w/your Dr.

HTH

glamchick84

When did you have your baby?

Are the pills a result of postpartum depression?

If you gave birth within the past year...its probably due to postpartum shedding and the pills may have nothing to do with it.

After I had my last son...I had severe thinning in my temple area and I had to cut it into a style because the thinning was ridic. the stylist was like WTH happened?! I said I just had a baby and he said that definitely explains it!

There isnt anything you can do to really stop nature from taking its course...but the lesser of the two evils is not stopping the pills if they are what you need right now :/

Baby your hair...step up treatments and maybe schedule an appt. with your prescribing dr. to discuss the side effects of said meds. and see if that is a result and if maybe there is someting elseyou can take that fits what you need and is agreeable. But stopping and starting and switching those meds are for real for serious so make sure you consult w/your Dr.

HTH
Yes, i was taking them for post partum depression!! i had my baby 2.5 months ago. But i think my hair was fine before or maybe it's starting to catch up with me. idk I started taking them a few days but i did not take one yesterday because it was making me to sleepy. I really don't wanna take any more meds, i'm to afraid.

janeemat

I do hope you can get a grip on this. You shouldn't stop your meds without talking to your doctor.

Jaegermany

Yes, i was taking them for post partum depression!! i had my baby 2.5 months ago. But i think my hair was fine before or maybe it's starting to catch up with me. idk I started taking them a few days but i did not take one yesterday because it was making me to sleepy. I really don't wanna take any more meds, i'm to afraid.

If you started taking them a few days ago then I doubt its the meds. Its probably just shedding they say when you are pregnant you retain alot more of hair than normal and after you give birth you loose the normal amounts of shed hair plus some of the hair you should have but didnt shed thru pregnancy.

Just look on like shedding after birth and also look up the specific medicine you are taking to see if hair loss is even a side effect.

It takes like 5-7 days to have the meds fully "upload" in your system and become effective. So the side effects you were experiencing (feeling tired) would probably have subsided in a little over a week or so and the side effects you "think" you experienced I dont think you had enough of the meds to have that effect to begin with...I hope that makes sense :/