Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2010, 06:18 PM

Thanked 2,982 Times in 635 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: CAYENNE PEPPER CHALLENGE 2010-'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
This is an old technique...I remember there being a thread about mixing Cayenne pepper with oil to apply to scalp to increase hair growth. This was several years ago. I tried it, but it made my scalp burn like hell (prolly cuz I put in on a freshly washed scalp)! I find that a few "Super Gro" pomades and scalp greases have it in there, along with black pepper. It probably works, though I didn't use long enough to find out!

I may try it again, it may not be that bad on a dry (closed-pore) scalp. I currently use a "super gro" grease on my scalp containing cayenne & black pepper (but in very minute amounts compared to other ingredients). I would like to try this again to see if it works, and alternate with my other growth remedies.
Yeah, I remember reading about it in some old threads. I've always wanted to try it but never got around to it. But I think it may work because when I had peppermint oil in my regular regimen my hair thrived. Stimulating that scalp makes all the difference. I'll report back in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeChangedMyName View Post
Ok, so this is the shampoo and conditioner that I have. It just says pepper extract on the ingredients and has all sorts of peppers on the front. I guess I need to add some other method of using cayenne huh.

Mmmm, this seems like something I've seen online before. How do you like it?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Dirty Dave Groupie

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizani_Mrs View Post
hmmm, i wonder if you can even use the bengay or capsaicin ointment from the tube? hmmmm???
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, still on page one but I wanted to reply just in case no one has answered your question yet. Then I'll go back and read the rest.

I tried to use capsaicin on my scalp after my BC years ago. I don't know if I got the idea from a website at the time, but probably so. Anyway, I don't know if I used too much or what....but that thing burned my scalp something serious! It was worse than a relaxer. I was crying and my hair was on fire.

I washed it out and it was still burning all night and well into the next morning.

after that I did not revisit to try less.
what does a wash cloth do that a hand cant? what type of magical cloths yall using? i really dont understand these radioactive pussies folks be having. taking all these steps and using all these products to get clean. some of us simply cant take that.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Thanked 3,279 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 282 Post(s)
Tagged: 97 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolesugarface View Post
I definitely would try that. If I had some of my own I'd just use that instead.

I have a jar of about 4 ounces castor oil, so I added about 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper. So far, my scalp just itches. I've done it twice this week. I think that's a safe ratio, and you're welcome!
Well, I tried the Capzasin on my scalp. I only let it marinate on there for about 15 to 20 minutes. It didn't burn though so I may leave it on next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Esquire View Post
Yeah, I remember reading about it in some old threads. I've always wanted to try it but never got around to it. But I think it may work because when I had peppermint oil in my regular regimen my hair thrived. Stimulating that scalp makes all the difference. I'll report back in a few weeks.

Mmmm, this seems like something I've seen online before. How do you like it?
I washed my hair after the Capzasin with my Cabellina shampoo and conditioner. I made it a point to really scrub my scalp vigorously, yet gently. It actually felt clean and refreshed. It didn't burn or anything either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortycocoa View Post
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, still on page one but I wanted to reply just in case no one has answered your question yet. Then I'll go back and read the rest.

I tried to use capsaicin on my scalp after my BC years ago. I don't know if I got the idea from a website at the time, but probably so. Anyway, I don't know if I used too much or what....but that thing burned my scalp something serious! It was worse than a relaxer. I was crying and my hair was on fire.

I washed it out and it was still burning all night and well into the next morning.

after that I did not revisit to try less.

The capzasin didn't burn me at all. I was expecting it to though. I even rubbed it in really good after applying it.

Hopefully I can do this routine twice a week and apply the capzacin another two times during the week and leave it on.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 25 Thread(s)

I can't believe I'm contemplating this right now.... I'm gonna oil my scalp tonight and leave it overnight (I'd shower, but I'm just 2 exhausted at this point....)

Do you guys think using ayurvedic oils like shikakai or mahabhringraj oil would be ok to mix cayenne with (esp. to leave overnight?) Or should I just stick to olive oil or coconut? I really wanna use the indian oils, cuz they'll relax my head. Any opinions?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm realllly thinking about doing this. Can you get liquid cayenne pepper out of the grocery store? I might have to put this on mi list for when I go shopping on Friday But if it burns mi head like that WGO lite. Then I'mma cry.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757diva View Post
I'm realllly thinking about doing this. Can you get liquid cayenne pepper out of the grocery store? I might have to put this on mi list for when I go shopping on Friday But if it burns mi head like that WGO lite. Then I'mma cry.
WGO lite burns? What's in it? I am not familiar with it, I have only heard others speak of it.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:43 AM

I just want to say thank you so much for this challenge. My hair had been shedding like a dog. That is, until last night when i used the capzasin, and pepper and rosemary shampoo and condish.

I can actually run my hand through my hair today and NOT ONE SINGLE HAIR COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

^^ I didn't know it helped with shedding

thanks for sharing your results!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 AM

Alright, I did this last night and I'm in for the challenge. I'm gonna mix the cayenne with Indian oils, coconut or olive oil. I'm only gonna commit to a month (for now,) cuz I'm planning to do this everyday.

Are you guys mixing and applying right away or are you making batches and leaving them to sit for several days before use??? I mixed and used right away last night, and it was tingling my scalp - not burning like I've heard other people complain about. Even when I washed out, even now- almost 6 hours after washing, it still tingles- not burns. Should I be using more cayenne since I'm not leaving it to sit for several days before use (because I know that's what makes it spicier) What do you guys think?

Oh and also, when I get home tonight, I'll post some starting pictures
Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritreladiee View Post
Alright, I did this last night and I'm in for the challenge. I'm gonna mix the cayenne with Indian oils, coconut or olive oil. I'm only gonna commit to a month (for now,) cuz I'm planning to do this everyday.

Are you guys mixing and applying right away or are you making batches and leaving them to sit for several days before use???
Whenever I make a new batch, I use some right away, but I try to make a big enough one that it'll last several uses.

I wish I knew about Ayurveda. I'm assuming that those types of oils are for the most part mild enough to use with cayenne, but I don't know for sure.

I think I remember someone saying neem oil is strong (there was a thread about using it on the face I think).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757diva View Post
I haven't seen any but I never looked before. Some hot sauces are made with cayenne (it's the first ingredient in Frank's Red Hot Sauce). If the ingredients are simple, I'd use that. Or you can make your own with water or oil.

Cayenne Tincture is another option.

Last edited by varaneka; 01-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:16 PM

Thanked 2,533 Times in 394 Posts
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 15 Thread(s)

I'm glad HeChangedMyName posted the shampoo she used, because I thought I had seen something similar at my grocery store. So I went and bought a shampoo and conditioner called "Peppar."

I do have some cayenne pepper marinating in olive oil right now and plan to wash my hair tomorrow.

Do you all think that this is too much stimulation? I don't want my head to be on fire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peppar_shampoo.jpg (9.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg peppar_conditioner.jpg (9.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallnomad View Post
I'm glad HeChangedMyName posted the shampoo she used, because I thought I had seen something similar at my grocery store. So I went and bought a shampoo and conditioner called "Peppar."

I do have some cayenne pepper marinating in olive oil right now and plan to wash my hair tomorrow.

Do you all think that this is too much stimulation? I don't want my head to be on fire.

I guess it would depend upon your scalp sensitivity. mine didn't burn or anything(maybe I need to use more lol) If you get the Peppar, let us know how it leaves your hair. I'm game for trying new stuff that has proven results. Mine actually smells like peppers. does the peppar?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:07 PM

I've been doing this every other day so I'm going to do it again for 30 minutes and massage it in for most of that time too

I already see more curls popping up in the back

it's starting to get fluffy yay

Last edited by varaneka; 01-08-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: adding more pics
Old 01-08-2010, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)

Creolesugarface, yours looks simple. Does it burn or tingle with a little more intensity?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariofmagdal View Post
Creolesugarface, yours looks simple. Does it burn or tingle with a little more intensity?
it itches the more I massage it but it didn't start itching till the second day of application
Old 01-09-2010, 01:04 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I cowashed my hair then put my oil on my scalp and my hubby massaged my scalp for 20 min. I wrapped my hair and will rinse in the morning
Old 01-09-2010, 11:28 AM

This is really not working for me. I've been mixing 1 tablespoon oil to 1 teaspoon cayenne, which gives me a pretty good tingle, but the problem is I can't seem to wash this crap fully outta my hair. I've done this 3 days now- I rinse, shampoo, conditon, even comb with a fine tooth comb in the shower (which seems to help alot,) but regardless i still have orange looking dandruff floating around in my hair.

I know I can strain the cayenne out, but that means I would have to let it sit for 2 weeks in order for the spiciness to release into the oil. I don't wanna wait that long!

Do you guys know if boiling the oil and cayenne will release the spiciness into the oil? What are you guys doing to get the cayenne outta your hair (without having to spend an hour in the shower- cuz my hot water tank runs out)
Old 01-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Thanked 2,533 Times in 394 Posts
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 15 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeChangedMyName View Post
I guess it would depend upon your scalp sensitivity. mine didn't burn or anything(maybe I need to use more lol) If you get the Peppar, let us know how it leaves your hair. I'm game for trying new stuff that has proven results. Mine actually smells like peppers. does the peppar?
I kept the the olive oil/cayenne mix in all day and last night, washed my hair and conditioned it with the Peppar products. The shampoo REALLY tingled and my scalp felt really open and clean. I did get some of the shampoo in my eyes and it burned quite a bit.

Mine has a very slight pepper smell, but not much at all.

My hair was a bit dry though. The shampoo has placenta protein in it, and my hair is a bit protein sensitive.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

oh geez, please add me. All of a sudden my temples are trying to disappear and I can't have any of that, it is very dismaying.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I need to stay out these threads because I bought some cayenne pepper today I'mma try it but on mi own lol Once I finish taking out these braids I'll post mi results