Infusium 23

syze6

I use this as a leave in after washing and to detangle. MY hair would look dry when air-dried and It would feel crisp adn brittle. I thought this was a great leave in but I'm haveing second thoughts. Anyone else have any problems? I'm ready to toss this one.

Nanyanika

Stop using it immediately, infusium tends to have this drying effect on the hair due to the protein content, i still use it to keep my hair strong whilst wearing braids. look for moisturising leave-ins such as Arosci-intra-vyving.

KinksnCurlz

I don't think infusium is for airdrying? well, maybe that's b/c i'm judging by when i would use it. My stylist (back in the day) would put this in my hair as a leave-in before I got my rollerset...then she'd blowdry my roots. I've never used it to airdry... doesn't it have protein in it? maybe that's y it's leaving ur hair kind of crisp and brittle... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

webby

Think Slim
I HATE Infusium 23. My hair always feels crunchy, dry, brittle and that's not just when I air-dry, but rollerset as well. I don't find that any of the liquid leave-ins leave my hair soft.

dannie

I only use Infusium 23 before I press my hair. I don't use any other products. My hair feels super soft and has incredible movement. It's my hair pressing staple.

Other than that, I have no use for it.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I mix castor and olive oils in my bottle of Infusium. I mostly use it when I'm in braids. On the occasion that I use it when I air dry I follow it with Cantu Shea Butter Daily Moisturizer. No crispy hair.

Queenie

I use it regularly. I usually wear twist outs. I've used it for plently of roller sets too. The other products I use are coconut/olive oil and hair polish.

kitchen_tician

I no longer use Infusium 23 either, because it seemed to make my hair tanglely. I now use IC Fantasia Leave In Moisturizer w/ Aloe for dry hair. It works well for airdrying.

itismehmmkay

[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried diluting it with water?

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA. I can only use it if I dilute it heavily with water. No less than 1 part Infusium, 5 parts water. Though it's a bit harsh when concentrated, it does strengthen my hair when I use it diluted. Combing my hair can be done with NO breakage. Just make sure to use some oils or some creamy leave-in for extra moisture when you use it.

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
I really liked Infusium, had no problems with it. I added a generous amount of Castor oil and powdered MSM, plus a few drops rosemary oil to mine. I might go back to using that this Winter.

luv04

i use infusiam and it works really well on my hair and i use it everyday at night as a leave in and i put it on my ends.

Cowgirl

Me and Infusium do not get along. Let's just say if it doesn't bother me, I won't bother it. /images/graemlins/down.gif

inthepink

I tried infusium when I was relazed. It made my hair dry and brittle. I made a mental note to never use it again. A month or so ago, I tried using it on my natural hair and I think the same thing happened. So, I've given it more than a chance. I will just have to use something else that is strengthening but not as strong. I'm using Pantene's daily strengthening treatment.

Tru_Mind

I use Infusium 23, but never alone I always use WGHO with it. Without WGHO yes it would be dry. Right now, I am still looking for a good leave-in. I am still thinking about trying Fantasia Leave In Moisturizer w/ Aloe, because I love Fantasia's products.

dreemssold

I love Infusium23. I also have it mixed with oils in my spray bottle. I shake well, apply, and my hair always airdries very soft and moisturized. I would have never guessed anyone would have had problems with it. From the looks of this post, I guess oil is the key.

Sweetyb

A few days ago I squirted a few handfulls of the bottle (leave-in) into my hands to slick through my dry stiff afro so I could slick my hair into a ponytail with little manipulation. It did the job and gave my hair a really nice sheen. I got the tip from a roomie who did the same thing with her long mane when she wanted the slick look. I'm still experimenting with the frequency of use though.

I also have the Infusium 23 conditioner and I've found that it's absolutely great for detangling. It gives my coils the give that they need for me to detangle before applying my regular conditioner.

msmerc

I love Infusium 23. I use it for both air drying and roller sets. I mix it with setting lotion for roller sets. I have never had any problems. It comes in different formulas too.