Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Hello ladies,

I hope I can join you guys, I just subscribed. I'm currently a little over 11 months post (I'll be a year nov 26th) and I plan to transition for 2 years. I recently self installed some senegalese twists because my hair was becoming too much of a hassle - dryness, breakage, matting, lack of styling options etc. I plan on washing and conditioning my twists weekly. Can someone please recommend a leave-in/moisturizer while in twists? I was using Giovanni direct before the install but it was just okay. My natural hair is so dry, it's very frustrating. Any other tips will be greatly appreciated.
TIA

i like Shea Moisture Holding Mist ...don't let the name fool you, it's a moisturizer. available at Target

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Today made 10 months for me!!!!!!
Yay lets keep it coming ladies. I think I wanna cut in the Spring 2013, not sure though LOL.

havilland

another transition new product trial fail.......

today i co washed and tried aussie moist because i am low on my staples and waiting for an order of prods to come in. my natural roots loved it, my ends not so much....i had to do an immediate intervention to keep a major tangling session out of the works.

my ends started to mat up after applying the aussie moist....my hair really hates anything that everyone else loves.

but crisis avoided....i was able to get the conditioner out of my hair with no damage. but i won't be using it again. that *ish is going back to target!

i don't take chances with my length. i'm not chopping my hair for awhile.

(i trim about an 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch every two weeks or so.....)

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
So far, the following products have been very helpful to me in my transition and I want to give them a shout out here! :yep:

1. Wen Cleansing Conditioners (Fig & Pomegranate) and Chaz Dean's SixThirteen Daily Cleansing Conditioner
  2. Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream :lick:
  3. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Hold Smoothie :lick:
  4. Agadir Argan Oil Daily Moisturizing Conditioner :lick:
  5. Agadir Argan Oil Hair Treatment
  6. Hicks Total Transformations Edges Pomade
  7. Swing It Gray Coverage Pomade Black

Keeping my hair moisturized enough to resist breakage has been easy with the Cantu and Shea Moisture. I hope that continues.

Leslie_C

Im on edge over this election and some other life stressors right now...seriously thinking of chopping tonight lol. You guys know I get this urge every month or so it seems! If I chopped on election day it would be a significant BC date! I wont do it though, just daydreaming about it lol.

What I AM gonna do, is DC overnight and I should mix up some henna to do in the am...hmmmmmm....I think I will do that right now! Ill DC overnight, cowash, shampoo, henna, then DC again. Ive not given my hair much tlc the past couple of weeks so Ill make it up to it tomorrow! Its been feeling so soft Im almost afraid to mess with it by using henna, but I would love a boost in strength and a little dash of color.

Leslie_C

Thanks! I need to start taking pics of my hair sometimes after I wash it. Sometimes it seems like I'm making progress and other times it doesn't. Taking photos may help me see a difference.

CandiceC Ditto...Ive been slacking on my vitamins and need to get back on it!

@Leslie_C. We could have had an Election BC Party. :lol:

We sure could have! LOL....Ive been glued to the TV and didnt put in my dc or mix my henna lol...#Obama2012!

PS When is your birthday? Mine is May 5...it is a potential BC date for me and Id be 15 months to the day! And I could do W&Gs all summer! So Im thinking its gonna either be Feb 5 at 12 months or May 5 at 15 months....slim chance I go to 18 months which would be August 5...simply bc I want to have fun with wash and gos and not have to wait for the following spring/summer for it.

@CandiceC Ditto...Ive been slacking on my vitamins and need to get back on it!

We sure could have! LOL....Ive been glued to the TV and didnt put in my dc or mix my henna lol...#Obama2012!

PS When is your birthday? Mine is May 5...it is a potential BC date for me and Id be 15 months to the day! And I could do W&Gs all summer! So Im thinking its gonna either be Feb 5 at 12 months or May 5 at 15 months....slim chance I go to 18 months which would be August 5...simply bc I want to have fun with wash and gos and not have to wait for the following spring/summer for it.

Leslie_C My birthday is May 12. I'll be 32!

BCing right before the summer for wash n gos is a good idea!

MissMusic

This time I did a braid out:

20 braids braided down to the end of my natural hair, relaxed hair not braided. Then rolled onto perm rods. I wet dry hair to make it damp hair with a spray bottle full of wter before braiding and rolling.

Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
So far, the following products have been very helpful to me in my transition and I want to give them a shout out here! :yep:

1. Wen Cleansing Conditioners (Fig & Pomegranate) and Chaz Dean's SixThirteen Daily Cleansing Conditioner

Keeping my hair moisturized enough to resist breakage has been easy with the Cantu and Shea Moisture. I hope that continues.

I'd like to know more about that Swing It Gray Coverage Pomade Black. Sounds interesting...:look:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Well, that's it. I'm now 11 weeks post and I cant wait until the day I'm reporting a number like that, but in months. HHG everyone!:drunk:

ETA: I can't believe I wrote all that! Excited much? :lachen:

Above is a quote from my very first post in this thread on February 23rd and I'm THRILLED to report that today makes 11 months (48 weeks) since my last texlax, a day that seemed like forever from the day I posted that. :grin: Four more weeks and I'll be at 52 (add two days for an even year). I can't believe it. Then one more year to go. :woot:

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

I want all the bold stuff, its already on my wish list but I wont be getting anything until nxt year. I have some stuff I need to use up first.

WOW! Good for you!

I can't wait to see what my hair looks like in 10 months! :drunk:

I wanna know what my 10 month hair looks like too :lol:, I only see it for 1 day and I put it back into cornrolls.

BCing right before the summer for wash n gos is a good idea!

This is why I wanna DC in the Spring 2013

RemyRem

Heyy Ladies!!!

Im back!! :grin::grin:
Been super busy working 2 jobs and going to school so I barely have time to be on here. But I put my hair into Senegalese twists and they have been in just 5 day before my birthday... which was october 13. Gonna post a pic for yall.

I hope your transitioning journey is going very well.

p.s. what is good to use to moisturize hair while in twists?

shortt29

@shortt29 what have you been doing for your edges to recover? Mine are noticably thinner -my staple style has been a high puff bun and I think it was too much stress for them bc my hair is finer in the front anyway. I have stopped wearing my hair that way as often and if I do Im gonna flat twist the front or something so I dont pull them. I guess Ill try to start using castor oil on my edges and nape (its fine too)...but not sure how often I need to do it? Would wash day be enough or do I need to do it two or three times a week?

PS Ladies I think it would be fun to start posting "everyday transitioning hair" pics in this thread. If you are feeling your hair on a certain day-post a pic! It will be fun and it can inspire others (fellow transitioners and those considering transitioning). Lemme know what you think!

Leslie_C I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this but Hurricane Sandy did a number on my area and my life is somehow getting back to normal:drunk:
I use an ayurveda oil...mahabhringaraj oil on my edges and I have been noticing hair in spots that were just about bald on my edges! :blush: Sometimes I will use it by itself or mix it with JBCO but a little goes a long way. I massage the oil on my edges at least once a day...mostly after cowashing. If I don't workout and cowash, I massage it on my edges before bed.

bellebebe

So... I did a half chop the other day. Lol... I really wanted to bc, but I had no patience. I, however, do it in February. I decided to half chop because I couldn't really get to my roots. I just wanna focus on them because thats what I care about. My relax hair is just.in the way.

Sent from. my sexy phone

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I'd like to know more about that Swing It Gray Coverage Pomade Black. Sounds interesting...:look:

Dayjoy
It's good to cover graying, thinning edges. It helps me stretch my henna and indigo sessions. The formula is a little dry, but I have been applying it over the Hicks which makes it smoother. Beware though, it will transfer to you pillow cases, but it washes out with no trouble. It makes my thin hairline look healthier. I think Cynthia from RHOA uses it too.

havilland

So... I did a half chop the other day. Lol... I really wanted to bc, but I had no patience. I, however, do it in February. I decided to half chop because I couldn't really get to my roots. I just wanna focus on them because thats what I care about. My relax hair is just.in the way.

Sent from. my sexy phone

good for you! :yep:

did you take any pics?

VirGoViXxEn

hey ladies.. just checking in. I am 10.5 months post relaxer and am loving every minute of this process. I have been transitioning with u-part wigs and closures. I plan on trying twistouts styles etc in on my hair in December..every time i wash my hair i want to chop but i want to transition for 2 years before chopping. Good luck to everyone!