What comes before the Aphogee 2-step?

WaistLengthDreams

Ok, so I'm doing the Aphogee Two Step (NOT 2 minute) Treatment this weekend. I've done it before and the first time went well and the second time was so-so. This time I wanted to make sure I got the best results, so I was doing my research and there seems to be a lot of debate on what comes BEFORE the Two Step Treatment. I think we can all agree that Aphogee Protein is followed by a good moisturizing DC. But my question is what is best to do before it.

Should I:
-Clarify, Porosity Control, then Aphogee 2-step?
-Clarify, Moisturizing Shampoo, Porosity Control, then Aphogee 2-step?
-Moisturizing Shampoo, then Aphogee 2-step?
-Other

Background:
My hair is relaxed, loves protein, medium/fine strands, and type 4a.

P.S. I would have made this a poll, but I have no idea how to do that... :ohwell:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
What I do is: clarify, moist poo, cheapie condish, aphogee, a good moist dc, THEN porisoty control to help restore my hair to the correct PH balance.

I will be doing this tonight getting ready for my self relaxer next weekend.

WaistLengthDreams

What I do is: clarify, moist poo, cheapie condish, aphogee, a good moist dc, THEN porisoty control to help restore my hair to the correct PH balance.

I will be doing this tonight getting ready for my self relaxer next weekend.

Is there a reason why you condition before and after the Aphogee?

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
No there really isnt any reason and actually I was thinking of omitting that step I just do it out of habit.... you know shampoo the condition.

nymane

I use to Clarify, Detangle, Aphogee, then DC because ORS Aloe poo used to leave my hair soft. Nowadays, ORS poo doesn't leave my hair soft so I follow up with a sulfate-free moisturizing poo, detangle...then aphogee etc...

poookie

There's really no need to do anything to your hair beforehand.

I do a 2-step like clockwork every 3-4 weeks. all I do is make sure i've clarified my hair a week before. my hair feels softer & stronger when my hair has been clarified recently. then i add the 2 step to dry hair, rinse it out after it hardens, and then shampoo & DC as usual.

but sometimes i'll pre-poo with whatever i usually pre-poo with, rinse that out, shampoo, do a 2-step, and then DC.

WaistLengthDreams

Thank you ladies, I knew I could count on you for some much needed answers to my question.
:clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:
Since I really wanted to clarify this week I'll be doing that followed by the Aphogee 2-step, DC and then maybe Porosity control (depending on how my hair feels after the DC). Thanks!

Brownsugababy

Hey ladies! I just bought this yesterday and I am planning on doing a treatment next week . I just want to know what products do you ladies use to Clarify and DC with before and after the treatment. Oh and has anybody just used a hand held blowdryer instead of a bonnet dryer? Thanks in advance!:)

ceebee3

I clarify with Suave clarifying shampoo and deep condition with motions moisture plus or my BJ's knock off of matrix biolage.

The next time I do the 2 step I will probably deep condition with the ORS deep conditioner.

MissLawyerLady

My Aphogee 2-step regimen:
1. clarify w/ Keracare First Lather shampoo
2. CON (green) moisturizing shampoo
3. apply Aphogee 2-step
4. gently clip hair up and sit under bonnet dryer until hard
5. rinse Aphogee thoroughly from hair
6. DC w/ Pantene Relaxed & Natural deep conditioning mask (brown jar)
7. Porosity Control or ACV rinse

Nappy_in_the_City

Are any of you ladies sitting under a steamer with the 2-step in your hair or just the DC? or both? Thanks... I remember this worked WONDERS for me as a kid and I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon but want to know if I could use a protein treatment underneath a steamer or just a hooded dryer?