Youtube- New Tutorials Flatironing and Bun

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

Lucky's Mom

Excellent Vids!!!!! I loved all the flat iron tips and tricks.....

What was that Paul Mitchell stuff???

ETA: My take aways for the vids were:

1. Emulsify products well before putting them on the hair..... They will get to every strand....
2. ONE PASS!!! I see so many vids with these girls making 5 passes!!! Death to Hair!!! :thud:
3. Improvement on Blow Dry.... I always try to up my game on that....
4. for VERY Flat hair, iron on a slant.....

thanks again DSD!

Last edited:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Excellent Vids!!!!! I loved all the flat iron tips and tricks.....

What was that Paul Mitchell stuff???

ETA: My take aways for the vids were:

1. Emulsify products well before putting them on the hair..... They will get to every strand....
2. ONE PASS!!! I see so many vids with these girls making 5 passes!!! Death to Hair!!! :thud:
3. Improvement on Blow Dry.... I always try to up my game on that....
4. for VERY Flat hair, iron on a slant.....

thanks again DSD!
Good. I am glad you got some great tips from the video. A lot of my clients always say that they can't get their hair the same way at home and 3 big reasons are : The Blowdry, too much product and taking to big sections of hair.

One pass is enough if you have a good flatiron. Isn't it better to do one pass with high heat and protected stands than to do several passes or more on a lower heat? I rarely ever make more than one pass on anybody's hair even the most tightly coiled.

You will be surprised at how straight the roots get when flatironing on a slant. It's a great method.

Teflon tape????????????????? tell us more DSD...
For some reason the teflon tape seems to make the hair come out silkier. The flatiron glides through the hair smoother so you don't get all those crinkles in the hair. No one wants crinkly hair. It distributes the heat evenly so you don't get those hot spots and burn your hair. No one wants burnt smelling hair. Yuck. It also acts as a heat protector and seals the cuticles of the hair. I love teflon tape.

AllAboutMoi

What temp were you using with your runway iron? Does the teflon ruin the plates any, leave sticky residue behind?
Great video by the way. I think I will try the slant part technique.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
What temp were you using with your runway iron? Does the teflon ruin the plates any, leave sticky residue behind?
Great video by the way. I think I will try the slant part technique.
I used it on 450 degrees. It doesn't ruin the plates at all if there is any residue let you can just get it off with a solvent such as goo gone gel. :yep:

Ms. Alainious

Thanks a lot!

I have a donut at home, maybe tonight I can wrap it with hair...

The ladies of LHCF are always influencing me to do stuff (read: spend money)...

(I love you guys anyway though!)

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
DSD - I am confused. Why would you cover an FHI Iron with teflon?

Yes I would like to know too. You shouldn't have to put anything on that runway. The iron cost enough.

I know right. :spinning: That flatiron is awesome. It's funny because the tape makes it more awesome. When I do BKT treatments I have to pass the iron over my client's hair up to 10 times. That's a lot. It's just a precaution. The tape doesn't ruin the iron. The hair comes out smoother and silkier with the tape on. Wow!

Lucky's Mom

I know right. :spinning: That flatiron is awesome. It's funny because the tape makes it more awesome. When I do BKT treatments I have to pass the iron over my client's hair up to 10 times. That's a lot. It's just a precaution. The tape doesn't ruin the iron. The hair comes out smoother and silkier with the tape on. Wow!

Thanks for explaining.... I am sure I won't need the teflon with six layers of ceramic... and no BKT in my future....:giggle:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Awesome job! I wish I could afford the FHI, but I can't.:cry2: I will try your method this week end!:yep:

locabouthair

Thank for posting the videos! I will try that flat iron technique next time I flat iron. I flat ironed two weeks ago and it didnt come out good at all. I didn't blowdry though. I only airdried and flat ironed (plus I had a lot of underprocessed hair) because I was feeling lazy.

I always thought brushing wet hair was damaging but I see a lot of people using the denman brush.

Last edited:

PinkAngel

Thanks for explaining. I will be watching and subscribing. Please keep the tuts coming, I love to see hair tips from pro stylists that are into healthy hair.

swalker31

Thanks for the video dontspeakdefeat, I've learned much and I'm subscribing. Please keep them coming. If I may could make a request could you please do a tutorial on a BKT treatment? I would love to see it done on african descent hair. Thanks

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Thanks for the video dontspeakdefeat, I've learned much and I'm subscribing. Please keep them coming. If I may could make a request could you please do a tutorial on a BKT treatment? I would love to see it done on african descent hair. Thanks
I'll see what I can do. :yep: