Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 07-31-2009, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bentonite Clay

How often do you guys use this in your hair?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

when i was using it. i used it every 2 weeks to clarify
Old 07-31-2009, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

I jsut started using it but I'll be using it once a week. I know there's a couple threads about it so make sure to search.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I only used it once and I wasn't impressed. If a product doesn't work for me it sometimes works on my DD's hair. Her hair is much more thick and coarse than mine. (I hate to waste stuff.) This product didn't work for either of us.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

I just used this last weekend for the second time. I absolutely love it and plan to use it once every month or two to clarify.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

I tried this for the first time this week. I'm not sure I go it all off my scalp. I just rinsed with water. Are yall rinsing it out with water or shampooing it out?
Old 08-01-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprils13 View Post
I tried this for the first time this week. I'm not sure I go it all off my scalp. I just rinsed with water. Are yall rinsing it out with water or shampooing it out?
I just rinse with water and condition as usual.

I mix the Bentonite Clay with water and apply to my hair and scalp, cover with a carrier bag and leave for 20 minutes. Just before I rinse it out, I will wet my hair slightly and then thoroughly massage my scalp just as if I was using shampoo to ensure that it is fully clean. I then just rinse it out.

All the build up from the scalp is removed and it leaves my hair so soft and fluffy. It does not dry my hair out at all. I find it very easy to rinse out.

I think this will be a staple for life

I used to clarify with Bicarbonate of soda & Aubrey Organics White Camellia but the Bentonite clay works much better for me as it is less drying

When you apply it to your hair and scalp, do you cover with a carrier bag/plastic shower cap to stop it drying out? I remember reading someone found it hard to rinse out if they did not cover their head

Last edited by rosalindb; 08-01-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalindb View Post
I just rinse with water and condition as usual.

I mix the Bentonite Clay with water and apply to my hair and scalp, cover with a carrier bag and leave for 20 minutes. Just before I rinse it out, I will wet my hair slightly and then thoroughly massage my scalp just as if I was using shampoo to ensure that it is fully clean. I then just rinse it out.

All the build up from the scalp is removed and it leaves my hair so soft and fluffy. It does not dry my hair out at all. I find it very easy to rinse out.

I think this will be a staple for life

I used to clarify with Bicarbonate of soda & Aubrey Organics White Camellia but the Bentonite clay works much better for me as it is less drying

When you apply it to your hair and scalp, do you cover with a carrier bag/plastic shower cap to stop it drying out? I remember reading someone found it hard to rinse out if they did not cover their head
No I didnt use a bag. I thought I was suppose to let it dry. It was drying as I was applying it on my scalp and part of my hair. Next time I will use more water and a bag. Thanks!

So how soon can I use it again? Is it a clarifier or can it be like a regular shampoo?
Old 08-01-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprils13 View Post
No I didnt use a bag. I thought I was suppose to let it dry. It was drying as I was applying it on my scalp and part of my hair. Next time I will use more water and a bag. Thanks!

So how soon can I use it again? Is it a clarifier or can it be like a regular shampoo?
I have only used it twice and covered my head with the plastic bag as I remembered reading that post. Just found the link which someone posted it in this Bentonite Clay thread I just checked a thread on NP and a few of them mentioned that they covered their hair with a shower cap also. Try it next time to see if it makes a difference

Alot of people use it once a week and others like me use it less often as a clarifier. I find it cleanses thoroughly but it is so gentle so I can see why people use it more frequently as a regular shampoo. See how it works for you.