Biotin Breakouts

CynamonKis

I just started taking 5mg of biotin within the last 7-10 days & noticed that my checks & forehead have "dry" patches, even after I moisturize (never had breakout or acme in my life...) Then after reading Nay's monthly feature where she described getting breakouts after using biotin, gee I wonder is this about to happen to me???

Amethyst

If you never noticed any changes in your skin until you started taking the biotin, I believe the biotin is the cause. It's one of those paradoxes because biotin is supposed to be one of the best supplements a person can take for their skin. I'd advise drinking plenty of water. I believe it's only temporary and as far as the breakouts, that too will pass /images/graemlins/smile.gif

beana3

My bf comes back this friday and i just started taking my vits last saturday.... 5mg biotin included and 1mg MSM, I hope i dont get any surprise visitors... maybe i'll just have to wait until he leaves to start them up again!!!

In the meantime... after taking only 3 biotin pills my nails have been on a crazy growth spurt!!

NAY007

OK maybe I should continue taking the biotin also and just wait and see what will happen. I went from 2.5 to 5 mg a day before I stopped. I have only stopped taking the biotin for 4 or 5 days now. I do always drink at least 1.5 liters water a day though. But like I said I will give it a try.
Nay.

zoya_j

Hey what brand of biotin is this? The most I could find is 1mg by KAL. Are you guys getting this stuff online? Please tell. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/drunk.gif Slowly but surely

adf23

Zoya,

I think the most biotin that comes in one pill is 1 mg. I think most of us are popping more than one pill, to get the 2-5 mg. /images/graemlins/lick.gif (at least I do- I take 4 pills a day, to make 4 mg.)

CynamonKis

Nay did your skin react when you were taking 2.5 mg, or did it not break out until you began taking 5 mg?