Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2009, 01:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default Ayurveda ladies Hibiscus does change your hair color (Pic!!)

I started my Ayurveda regimen 5 months ago. My biggest concern was that the powders would darken my hair. I didn't want this because I loved my natural hair color. It has always been this reddish brown color ever since I was a little girl. It darkens in the fall/winter and lightens back up in the spring/summer.

When I first began my regimen I was doing it 2 to 3 times a week, but then cut back out of laziness. I never saw my hair darken and was like great. A couple of weeks ago someone asked me in another post if hibiscus changed my hair a wine color. I was like "No". I've never seen my hair change color. Well last night I did my regimen. I made my tea rinse of (1 tsp: Shikikai, Brahmi, Fenugreek, Maka, 2 tps: Hibiscus and Amla). I left my mix on for the usual amount of time 30 mins to an hour. Then rinsed, applied my leave ins, and seal. I paid attention this time and low and behold I did notice that my hair had a winish tint to it. It is very subtle. I wouldn't have noticed at all if it hadn't it been brought to my attention. I can really see it when I am in the sun light. I love it.

After may attempts with my crappy phone this was the best pic I could get to show the winish tint to my hair. I personally love it. For those that don't want the color change then you may not want to use hibiscus or not leave in on your hair for long periods of time.

ETA: I think believe that the color would have been brighter had I used the hibiscus powder alone. Mixing the hibiscus powder with the other powders most likely helped to make it more subtle and balance it out.

Last edited by Kellum; 05-21-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Natural, 4A

Thanked 11,632 Times in 3,499 Posts
Mentioned: 1570 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Default Re: Ayurveda ladies Hibiscus does change your hair color (Pic!!)

You're not the first to say this about hibiscus and I was like really? I say that because our natural haircolor is the same. Mine also darkens in the fall & winter and in the spring & summer it is practically red. All that to say I can not tell the difference with the hibiscus. Maybe it just blends in with my natural color.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:22 AM

Thanked 5,988 Times in 1,288 Posts
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

Don't know anything about hibiscus but your hair looks *off to look for fotki*

Protein is my BFF
Old 05-21-2009, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It definitely does. I noticed this the first time I used hibiscus, but my hair takes tint really easily - porosity maybe? The tint from the hibiscus seems to come out more easily than the tint from the powders/oils - Amla in particular - so it did not last long. My hair definitely looks thicker and darker though. My husband comments on it all the time. Also, my grays have this red/brown tint to them and look almost like highlights. This, I like.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay72 View Post
You're not the first to say this about hibiscus and I was like really? I say that because our natural haircolor is the same. Mine also darkens in the fall & winter and in the spring & summer it is practically red. All that to say I can not tell the difference with the hibiscus. Maybe it just blends in with my natural color.
Yeah it was surprising. The change is sublte. My color now has more a winish tint and it didn't have that before. I do like the effects it has on my hair. It makes it so soft and moist. It is a keeper for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothair View Post
Don't know anything about hibiscus but your hair looks *off to look for fotki*
Thanks, I need to update it with newer pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
It definitely does. I noticed this the first time I used hibiscus, but my hair takes tint really easily - porosity maybe? The tint from the hibiscus seems to come out more easily than the tint from the powders/oils - Amla in particular - so it did not last long. My hair definitely looks thicker and darker though. My husband comments on it all the time. Also, my grays have this red/brown tint to them and look almost like highlights. This, I like.
I never noticed until recently. I do like it. I've never dyed my hair before so I didn't know if my hair would take color or what. I don't know if my hair is porous. Hey it is a good surprise. My natural hair color has a boost. Plus my hair has gotten thicker and stronger.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:48 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yes I posted about that in one of the threads. I rinse my hair black because I hate it lol
Old 05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Anky is my nickname!

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 77 Thread(s)

I can see the color. Yes, Hibicus really does bring out red. So do beets.

IG, Twitter: @aceeyemme
Old 05-21-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay_luv View Post
Yes I posted about that in one of the threads. I rinse my hair black because I hate it lol
I would probably do a black rinse to if my hair wasn't naturally reddish brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelicus View Post
I can see the color. Yes, Hibicus really does bring out red. So do beets.
The hibiscus can keep on bringing out my red as long as I don't look like the Kool Aid man.