Coconut oil as a leave-in?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Anyone use coconut oil as a leave-in? I'm trying it today but I think I used too much cause my hair feels a tad oily. I like that it made the comb go through my hair easily so maybe I need to use a tad less next time?

TIA

RadiantBeauty

Anyone use coconut oil as a leave-in? I'm trying it today but I think I used too much cause my hair feels a tad oily. I like that it made the comb go through my hair easily so maybe I need to use a tad less next time?

TIA

Coconut Oil made my hair hard:nono: My hair loves Jojoba Oil though:yep:

RadiantBeauty

BTW try Chi Silk Infusion! Its great for rollersets!:yep: Thats a leave-in, or better yet a moisturizing cream leave-in, like Silk Elements MegaSilk Leave-in Hair Moisturizing Creme.

Last edited:

2themax

I use coconut oil everyday and every night just about the size of a dime on my ends. "IF" there's any left over on my hands, I just rub the rest onto the rest of my hair. It seals in the moisture and oil. You don't need to use much because it will make your hair oily. Sometimes I also use it on my scalp (about 1 -2 x a week). I love the way it makes my hair feel and it also keeps it very shiny. Just remember you don't have to use much.:nono:

msa

I think what I do would be considered using it as a leave-in. I use coconut oil to detangle and braid up/twist my hair to go under my wig.

Basically, on wet hair I section, add a gob of coconut oil, comb through, braid/twist. For the rest of the week I just dampen with water and add castor oil to my ends.

So yes, I leave it in. And I use alot. I saturate the sections with coconut oil. It absorbs by the next morning and my hair turns out very soft and doesn't feel oily.

soulie

I've been using sweet almond oil the same way; I'm waiting until the weather is warm enough for my coconut oil to stay liquefied on its own before I start using it again.

monieluv

i use coconut oil to seal in my moisturizer everyday. it leaves my hair super soft. i use the spectrum brand.

LaidBak

I experimented with sooo many oils (almond, olive, emu, jojoba, etc). I use coconut oil now exclusively to seal. I have a lot of coconut oil mixes in my stash that I need to use up. But once thats done I will go stick with Spectrum Unrefined, probably for the rest of my life.

LovinLocks

Almost every day I use it. Maybe since I co-wash I don't have problems ????? I see, I have Spectrum too. I kinda like it creamy versus all the way liquified. Easier to handle.

pri

Yep...I use coconut,castor,jojoba,vatika,almond oil all as leave-ins but not together more times then my actual leave-in b/c they all detangle very well for my hair and after I air dry my hair is left very soft and moisturized. Also, even though my leave-ins detangle when I use only oil it detangles and adds slip and the comb is able to glide right through.

baddison

natural for good
I use coconut oil as a sealant after I have spritzed with my wet moisturizers. I love Vatika brand. It has some really good indian herbs in the oil, too.

Muse

Coconut Oil made my hair hard:nono: My hair loves Jojoba Oil though:yep:

Do you stay in a cold climate? I noticed that when I use it in the winter it solidifies on my hair and makes it feel hard. We recently had a very warm day in MI enough to where my CO was completely liquid when I took it out to use it. My hair was VERY soft all day, the softest it's ever been with CO and I had been using CO all through the winter. Since my first time using it was during cold weather I look forward to using it in the summer.

I use it as a leave in everyday!:yep: