Lightening hair with cinnamon...question?

Keen

PSA: Black Hoya, please be sure you know what color Cinnamon is before you use it. I thought this was some kind of brown color but My roommates hair came out RED. After a few washes it toned down to Red with brown in it. It took a while to wash out. She used Sebastian but it was like four or five months when the color finally toned down to what we thought it would have been.

If you're looking for red hair, then this would be good. If you're looking for a brown with reddish undertone, this ain't the color for you.

AtlantaJJ

That's interesting. Does it damage hair in anyway? I wonder if that would be a good ingredient to put in henna :scratchch

Black Hoya Chick

from what i have researched and based on other people's experiences, it doesn't cause any damage. its all natural, comparable to how dyeing with henna doesn't cause any issues. but when i get around to doing it, i will let ya'll know and try to take photos.

Rei

yes when mixed with conditioner (and honey is optional) and left in for at least 6-8 hours.

*MIND BLOWN*

I am trying this right now!

danigurl18

I love red hair and I was thinking about henna but it has alot of mixing involved.. If this works, its definately a cheaper alternative than natural instincts cinnaberry...

E. Princess

I've done lightened a section with cinnamon. It doesn't turn the hair red, it just lightens your natural color. I havent noticed any damage and I still notice the lightness. My lightening is very subtle.

This was after leaving it for 8 hours under a scarf.