Confused about silica

vevster

I also started taking cellfood silica and in 4 days a sore hip that I had had for months stopped aching!

I'm sold. I found a good deal on it also. Buy 5 get one free w/ free shipping for anyone who is interested.

inthepink

I just had to bump this thread b/c I've been reading a lot about vitamins lately trying to come up with a new regimen and making sure I'm taking all of the right things but not too much! It's a lot of time and research!

I also found the amount these companies say the silica is to be VERY confusing! Thankfully, this thread cleared it up for me. I was going to buy Puritan Pride's brand of silica but now I'm going to buy GNC Silica b/c they say the exact amount of silica (11mg) as opposed to reporting the 500mg that is totally confusing!

kinikini

I take the GNC brand of silica (11g) - one pill a day - and after reading this thread, I am considering bumping that to one pill twice a day. You guys are not helping me here (LOL!!) I have a 2-day vitamin rotation going so that I can minimize my pill-popping. But now, I;m well on my way to consuming everything every day AND bumping the doses up! I even bought a little pill organizer/box to keep me going while I am on the go!! soo soo sad....

inthepink

Lol kinikini,

I read that between 20-30 mg is good for hair growth so you are probably fine with taking two. I am only going to take one for a while before considering uping the dosage to two!
Did you start taking all of your vitamins at once? I will pretty much be taking the same as you except for the L-Cysteine but in different dosages.

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
what does silica do for your hair???

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMP!
I have read this thread from start to finish, I am still unsure as to what exactly silica does for your hair. Anyone care to shed some light
. I wonder if it will help my extremely dry and brittle nails

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
what does silica do for your hair???

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMP!
I have read this thread from start to finish, I am still unsure as to what exactly silica does for your hair. Anyone care to shed some light
. I wonder if it will help my extremely dry and brittle nails

[/ QUOTE ]

i think I saw that it helps with hair shine so Im not too worried about taking it because Im really trying to achieve growth.

Britt

Poohbear u should try Puritan Pride 5mg biotin. I think its making my new growth come in a lot faster than usual. They also have a sale where u buy one and get 2 free.

Brittny

mslondon

I skipped thru most the posts cuz i started to feel i was back in a chemistry lecture

I had to stop taking horsetail cuz i started to get a hiccup sensation in my chest :confused: and started looking for an alternative.
I found http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/shop/product.asp?cookiecheck=yes&numRecordPosition=1&P_ID=505 a liquid silica, was about to purchase it then i found (thanks to den1)
http://www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk/body-soul/organic-silica.asp
Organic Silica Capsules containing on average 320mg of Bamboo Extract proving on average 250mg of Silica which i bought and have been using for the past month 2ce daily.

My hair is in braids at the moment, i added lysine as well in the last month and all i can say at the moment is that i've got quite a bit of newgrowth. can't wait to take out my braids next week.

keluric

I think Body Essential Silica Gel might be a winner.. it says 420mg of SILICA in every tablespoon. I hope that means exactly what it says! :)