***January '09: What did you buy this month?***

sheSmiles

I bought three things and now my regimen has changed! lol I try not to do that. :yep:

1. Joico Reconstruction K-pac- once a week and its all the protein I need

2. Elasta QP H-Two Leave-in moisture sealing conditioner. I am in love. Especially with dang near transparent strands it is so hard for me to find a good leave in to use everyday that would not weigh my hair down or have some other coating affect. At night I spray this on my hair and MAKE SURE I rub a tiny bit of the number three item I bought and my hair is moisturized, soft, and detangled all day. I think some of the ingredients are found in Aloe Vera products, only $3.00! It seems to work great for bantu knot and braidout styles for my hair.

ingredients: Chamomillia Recuita(Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica(Nettle) extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint), Leaf Oil, Coltsfoot Flower Extract, Eusetum Arvense Extract, Horse Chesnut Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sage in Purified water, Amodimethicone (and some other stuff lol..I see the cone but it so far at the bottom and I don't see the effects on my hair)

3. Small tube of mega care olive oil

That's all for January! geez that was kinda long for 3 things lol

Last edited:

Whimsy

I'm trying to save money so I didn't buy much this month. I'm really proud of myself. All I purchased was VO5 conditioners (on sale for 77c each)

Next month i'll have to buy a new deep conditioner.

Amethyst85

Unrefined Avocado oil
Coconut oil
Shea butter- but i think this is too thick for my hair
HE Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioners x6- I love this! The conditioners are great for cowashes and as leave-ins! ---UK ladies: The new HE lines are BOGOF in Superdrug!!!

From the Sally's sale (all about 60% off)
Biotera curl creme- Smells really horrible but hair has good curl definition
Biotera styling glaze- too runny and only medium hold
CHI straight guard
BTZ noodlehead

Evazhair

Parachute coconut oil
dabur mustard oil
reup on vatika oil

Oh and ElleDoll, the Kesavardini came. It smells like fresh ginger (ok ) but with an underlying herbally neemy smell(the funk :yep:you smell). I can't imagine what it would smell like diluted with mustard oil. Thanks for the heads up - I was expecting it to smell really bad.Yes I think this is one to be washed right out.

clever

Parachute coconut oil
dabur mustard oil
reup on vatika oil

Oh and ElleDoll, the Kesavardini came. It smells like fresh ginger (ok ) but with an underlying herbally neemy smell(the funk :yep:you smell). I can't imagine what it would smell like diluted with mustard oil. Thanks for the heads up - I was expecting it to smell really bad.Yes I think this is one to be washed right out.
I think I ended up mixing mine with coconut oil.I heated it up and the smell really took off then and burned my nostrils.I ended up leaving it on for 10 minutes and rinsing it.I liked the way it made my hair feel,though.

Ozma

1- Elasta QP Mango Butter
2- Professional-sized tub of Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango DC -on sale for 4.99 at Sally's
3- coconut oil
4- Hello Hydration conditioner with coconut milk - on clearance at Dollar General
5- Good Hair Days clips and larger rollers

Evazhair

I think I ended up mixing mine with coconut oil.I heated it up and the smell really took off then and burned my nostrils.I ended up leaving it on for 10 minutes and rinsing it.I liked the way it made my hair feel,though.

note to self: do not heat this oil!!!! I smelled the mustard oil and let's just say I am not sure when I will use this. It will be in a tiny amount.

:yep:Good to know that it did have a nice effect.

Simply_Kelz

Walgreens:

-NTM Cream Lather Shampoo.
-NTM Daily Deep Conditioner.
-NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask.
-NTM Pure Strength Conditioning Treatment.
-2 bottles of Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo. (.95 cents each?)
-CoN Kiwi & Citrus (.85 cents?)
-Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner. (.95?)

-4 packs of Smooth N Shine Silk Fusion
-HE Hello Hydration; HE Body Envy.

naturalmanenyc

Karen's Body Beautiful hair milk, hair nectar & luscious locks
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa & Refresh conditioners
Jojoba oil
Mya II human hair wig (Janet Collection)

I had no business buying it....but I picked up Kirkland brand conditioner today at Costco - 40oz bottles, 2 for $6.99

darlingdiva

it is not hair product related...oh wait....yeah, more Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Moisturizer.

but a Cole Haan bag for my Birthday....from the Genevive Collection...

You have a Cole Haan...I'm so jealous...I have yet to add Cole Haan to my handbag collection

Long before I became obsessed with hair...I was obsessed with handbags:grin:

darlingdiva

1. 4 bottles of CD Black Vanilla Leave-In

2. V05 Champagne Kiss Moisturizing Conditioner

3. V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Shampoo

4. Better Braids Unbraid Spray (gotta finish taking out these braids)

5. 3 bottles of castor oil

6. Jane Carter Nourishing Hair Cream

7. ACV

2inspireU

Jamaican Black Castor oil
Ghee
(4) 5.07fl oz bottles of Vatika oil
NTM Silk Touch Leave-in (changed my life...well, at least my hair so I will be stocking up)
Organic Blackstrap Molasses
A WHOLE lot of coconut milk and 2 bottles of Real Lime juice

jreagins

ok last one! Yesterday I caught the end of the Sallys sale and got some more conditioning balm and the gvp silk remedy (wasnt a part of the sale).