Waistlength and Beyond – Names + Regimens!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I wanted to start a thread where everyone who is Waist Length and beyond can post their regimens to inspire and answer questions from anyone who is interested. What do you ladies think about that?

So far I know there are plenty of WL or longer ladies here, I thought of names like:
Cichelle
PokaHontas
HappilyMe
KittenLongPaw
Marie170
Unlvgirl
Irrestistible
Lucia
Chicoro
and myself, but I know there are quite a few more that I can't remember right now!

Please post any name you can think of that is WL or longer and I'll contact them for their regimen! :)

My regimen can be found here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/blog.php?b=15

ladytee2

Flowerhair beautiful hair. Do you wash once a week? Do you add any moisturizer during the week? And is the regimen in your profile the same regimen you had when you grew you hair to WL? TIA

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Flowerhair beautiful hair. Do you wash once a week? Do you add any moisturizer during the week? And is the regimen in your profile the same regimen you had when you grew you hair to WL? TIA

Thank you :)
I don't add any moisturizer during the week because I find it gets too greasy then.
Yes, I still have the same regimen :yep: I've had the same regimen for years now.

Sashaa08

:kiss: Thanks, FlowerHair! Waistlength is my goal, and I would love to learn from the women who have reached and surpassed that length.

BTW, your hair is gorgeous! :grin:

grownupnai

Flowerhair,
How long have you been growing your hair and from what length? I've been growing my hair for 2 years from a shaved bald head and have only been thinking about taking care of it for 2-3 months now. I'm at shoulder length, and really don't know my hair potential. I was raised rastafarian and cut my hip length dreadlocks when I was 11. After that I've had relaxers, braided extensions, and every kind of haircut imaginable. My hair is also pretty fine, thinner side so I fear that my long hair will look thin. My hair wet= eww fallen, flat and thinner than it was as a tween. I hope these hair vitamins work. What's your hair density? Is it thick or thinner? Just curious about what my dry hair will look like longer. Also, is it true that your curls loosen as they grow? I know I have so many questions. Sorry

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Flowerhair,
How long have you been growing your hair and from what length? I was shoulder length in 1995... LOL! So I've been growing my hair for a long time.
I've been growing my hair for 2 years from a shaved bald head and have only been thinking about taking care of it for 2-3 months now. I'm at shoulder length, and really don't know my hair potential. I was raised rastafarian and cut my hip length dreadlocks when I was 11. After that I've had relaxers, braided extensions, and every kind of haircut imaginable. My hair is also pretty fine, thinner side so I fear that my long hair will look thin. My hair wet= eww fallen, flat and thinner than it was as a tween. I hope these hair vitamins work. What's your hair density? Is it thick or thinner? Just curious about what my dry hair will look like longer. Also, is it true that your curls loosen as they grow? Yes, my curls have loosened quite a bit as it has grown, my curls were a little tighter when it was shorter :yep: I know I have so many questions. Sorry

My answers are in bold above.
My hair destiny is just longer hair, it's very thick.

I don't think anyone on this board has reached her hair's full potential yet, because no one has used these excellent ideas of hair care for long enough yet. I think your hair can grow as long as you want, that's the mindset you need. :)

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
My regimen is simple. little to no manipulation, I don't really comb through my hair onl a dail basis. I mainly jut comb the ends. I wear it clipped up most of the time.
I wash and straighten every 3 weeks.
1.I wash with cream of nature shampoo
2. I condition with queen helen cholestrol conditioner. I leave it on for 30 minutes then I rinse.
3. Then I apply a olive oil leave in detangler. I let it sit about 3 minutes then I detangle.
4.Then I apply chi oil lightly and then I blow dry.
5.Next I apply a little more chi oil and Isoplus pressing oil and then I flat iron.

I apply herbal oil that I buy at walmart every other day to my ends only. I clip my hair up and roll the ends on satin rollers and I tie my hair with a satin scarf at night.
I have learned that for me less is definitely more!

gymfreak336

My answers are in bold above.
My hair destiny is just longer hair, it's very thick.

I don't think anyone on this board has reached her hair's full potential yet, because no one has used these excellent ideas of hair care for long enough yet. I think your hair can grow as long as you want, that's the mindset you need. :)

I agree. I know I used to deep down think that maybe just maybe, my hair was just bad and it would never get anywhere. Once I decided that I could control the situation, everything got alot easier. Now, I feel more confident with my hair. My hair is fine which poses some problems but with dedication and consistency, I can overcome them. I just have to believe it and let my actions reflect my feelings.

lala

Hi Flowerhair! Here's my information as you requested :yep:.

My regimen is fairly simple:
  1. Relax with Design Essentials lye relaxer or Straight Request. I have used Affirm when those two weren't available. I usually relax every 8 wks. to 3 mos.
  2. Shampoo and condition bi-weekly with Design Essentials moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
  3. Deep condition bi-weekly with a moisturizing conditioner like DE's Stimulations conditioner or Aveda's Damage Remedy conditioner. I use DE's leave-in conditioner as well.
  4. Hair condiments: Now jojoba oil, Sabino Moisture Block and Phyto 9.
  5. Styling: my hair is either wrapped (preferred method), rollerset or dried under hooded dryer and flatironed with Chi.
  6. I use a wide tooth comb to comb my hair for styling or detangling on a daily basis.
  7. I wear my hair down or in a ponytail - that's it. I haven't done the protective style thing.
  8. Trims at retouch or longer if a stylist has abused her trimming privileges and cut off more than expected :ohwell:.
  9. It takes my hair 2 yrs. to grow from shoulder length to WL. My hair has been WL before joining LHCF. I was usually talked into cutting my hair off by folks who didn't enjoy doing long hair.

blasianbeauty

Re: Waistlength and Beyond Names + Regimens!

Would any of you WL ladies say that low manipulation or certain products have attributed to your growth success?

Hi Flowerhair! Here's my information as you requested :yep:.

My regimen is fairly simple:
  1. Relax with Design Essentials lye relaxer or Straight Request. I have used Affirm when those two weren't available. I usually relax every 8 wks. to 3 mos.
  2. Shampoo and condition bi-weekly with Design Essentials moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
  3. Deep condition bi-weekly with a moisturizing conditioner like DE's Stimulations conditioner or Aveda's Damage Remedy conditioner. I use DE's leave-in conditioner as well.
  4. Hair condiments: Now jojoba oil, Sabino Moisture Block and Phyto 9.
  5. Styling: my hair is either wrapped (preferred method), rollerset or dried under hooded dryer and flatironed with Chi.
  6. I use a wide tooth comb to comb my hair for styling or detangling on a daily basis.
  7. I wear my hair down or in a ponytail - that's it. I haven't done the protective style thing.
  8. Trims at retouch or longer if a stylist has abused her trimming privileges and cut off more than expected :ohwell:.
  9. It takes my hair 2 yrs. to grow from shoulder length to WL. My hair has been WL before joining LHCF. I was usually talked into cutting my hair off by folks who didn't enjoy doing long hair.

Lala i'm happy you respond, I thought you left LHCF, you are my hair model girl.....I stalk your fotki like every other day, but I couldn't find your regimen.....so you like Design Essentials? How is the relaxer working for you?

Platinum

Thanks for starting this thread Flowerhair! (You're one of my hair idols :grin:) Subscribing for inspiration!:look:

WL Class of 2012. I would love to graduate early, though.:lol:

Great Thread!
Here is mine:
My regi is
I wash my hair every 4 days. ( faithfully). I use any moisturizing shampoo's like Kera Care, kenra and cream of nature. I only shampoo my scalp, not my hair, always.
I then squeeze out the water instead of toweling blotting.
I apply any conditioners that are super moiturizing like kera care Humecto, kera MC or motions silk. On the hair not the scalp!
I sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. Let my hair cool and rinse in the shower,
I then as i rinse add a little cheapie conditioner and let it sit for 2 minutes and detangle with a detangling comb. ( I use the flow of the shower water to assist in the detangling process, works great!)
I rinse finally with cold water and squeeze all the water out.
I apply my detangler, i use pantene and comb through. At this point I have no tangles and add my leave in. I use a tiny bit of aveda elixir or salerm.
I then lightly apply oil. I usually use jojoba or camelia oil.
I set my hair with water.
i go under the dryer for about 1 hour and tie a silk scarf over my hair for bed. I apply a little oil to the ends and put satin covered foam rollers that I got ( goody brand) .
In the morning take the rollers out and lightly comb and clip up with a claw clip.
I use protien every 6- 8 weeks. I use aphogee 2 min. My hair does not like too much

Last edited:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Re: Waistlength and Beyond Names + Regimens!

Would any of you WL ladies say that low manipulation or certain products have attributed to your growth success?

For me, I would say that low manipulation is number 1, but moisturizing products are a must as well. I can't attribute my growth to a certain product though. Right now, I use Sunsilk Shampoo and conditioner - I don't know whether they are available in the USA. I use Sunsilk for damaged hair because it's the most moisturizing... :D

betty-boo

Flowerhair thanks for this! This is a great idea. So it seems like moisture and low manipulation are the most important things here. I'd like to see what others come in to say. Thanks again!

nakialovesshoes

My regimen is simple. little to no manipulation, I don't really comb through my hair onl a dail basis. I mainly jut comb the ends. I wear it clipped up most of the time.
I wash and straighten every 3 weeks.
1.I wash with cream of nature shampoo
2. I condition with queen helen cholestrol conditioner. I leave it on for 30 minutes then I rinse.
3. Then I apply a olive oil leave in detangler. I let it sit about 3 minutes then I detangle.
4.Then I apply chi oil lightly and then I blow dry.
5.Next I apply a little more chi oil and Isoplus pressing oil and then I flat iron.

I apply herbal oil that I buy at walmart every other day to my ends only. I clip my hair up and roll the ends on satin rollers and I tie my hair with a satin scarf at night.
I have learned that for me less is definitely more!

Great Thread!
Here is mine:
My regi is
I wash my hair every 4 days. ( faithfully). I use any moisturizing shampoo's like Kera Care, kenra and cream of nature. I only shampoo my scalp, not my hair, always.
I then squeeze out the water instead of toweling blotting.
I apply any conditioners that are super moiturizing like kera care Humecto, kera MC or motions silk. On the hair not the scalp!
I sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. Let my hair cool and rinse in the shower,
I then as i rinse add a little cheapie conditioner and let it sit for 2 minutes and detangle with a detangling comb. ( I use the flow of the shower water to assist in the detangling process, works great!)
I rinse finally with cold water and squeeze all the water out.
I apply my detangler, i use pantene and comb through. At this point I have no tangles and add my leave in. I use a tiny bit of aveda elixir or salerm.
I then lightly apply oil. I usually use jojoba or camelia oil.
I set my hair with water.
i go under the dryer for about 1 hour and tie a silk scarf over my hair for bed. I apply a little oil to the ends and put satin covered foam rollers that I got ( goody brand) .
In the morning take the rollers out and lightly comb and clip up with a claw clip.
I use protien every 6- 8 weeks. I use aphogee 2 min. My hair does not like too much

Are you ladies natural or relaxed?

Cichelle

Great thread!

My regimen is pretty simple. It has varied over the years, but not in the basics. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, air dry it and then put it in a bun or other updo. My products are shampoo (usually shampoo bars), conditioner, and occasionally I will use coconut oil sparingly. I can replace the conditioner if I do a heavy oiling pre-shampoo. But I rarely do that anymore.

I've discovered that banding works well for me to keep tangles away. When I band, I simply wash, band the hair in four sections and then let it air dry. If I am in a hurry, I will sit under a bonnet dryer for about an hour to speed up the drying. When I take the bands out, I brush my hair and put it up in an updo. It doesn't make my hair straight, but it's the closest I get since I don't use any other form of heat.

I don't deep condition, either for protein or moisture. I use henna. I don't trim and wont unless there is damage that cannot be remedied any other way.

Hmm, I think that's all.

:)

lwilliams1922

shrinkage?

Flower,
Shrinkage is something many naturals struggle with. I see your inspiring lenght photo and I'm blown away. You stretch you hair down to your tail bone but even unstreteched it hangs long.

I feel like my hair shrinks to 50% of it's stretched length.
Do you think your shrinkage lessened as it got longer?
Is there hope that going from shoulder/APL to MBL the length will lessen the shrinkage??

I scour the boards quite a bit but i wonder if most tips are best suited to particular hair types (natural/relaxed, type 4's vs type 3, those that need protein vs those that need moisture. am i just destined to spend a fortune looking for what my hair likes??

can i just order what you have? :lachen:

Last edited:

hillytmj

Thank you Flowerhair for starting this thread. I'm really inspired.
Are there additional relaxed Waistlength ladies?
Do any waistlength ladies still rollerset?

BTW...I think you reached your length goal Flowerhair!

Lucia

great Idea Flowerhair
here's my regime Ive simplified my product usage but the basics are what got got me from APL-WSL.

Cowashes daily in the sumemer, weekly winter.
deep condition at least 1-2 x month, clarify w acv diluted w water when I need it.
low manipulation, protective styles 95% of the time
daily moisture some suave tropical coconut or Garnier length & strength conditioner on the length focus on ends seal w coconut oil or aloe buuter or whipped shea butter.
I keep the oils to a minimum. sometimes ayurvedic tonics or henna when I feel like it I dont do this all the time. I trimm splits and thats it.

Its slightly diff b/c Its braided/weaved now but I have the detailed regime in my fotki there's a link in my siggy. hth

Last edited: