Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 12-27-2008, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Tight Braids...

So, I just got single braids (not micros) and I think they might be too tight. They hurt everytime I moved them right after I was done and they still hurt now. I haven't had braids in almost a year now and i forgot that tight braids were not good business. My hair is fairly resilient but I still want to make sure my hair doesn't come out in clumps when i take them out in a couple of months. What can I start doing to help out my hair without taking them out? Thanks!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default Re: Tight Braids...

If it's tight but not painful or throbbing I would spray them with braid spray and give it a day. If the skin is buckling or you see white sores then take them out immediately. I had kinky twists installed too tightly and I took them out the when I got home. My braider is reasonable and if I went back she would re do them for me. Perhaps you can go back to the braider and have her/him re do the tight ones. There shouldn't be a charge for that.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:17 AM

Thanked 1,320 Times in 348 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

I agree with loulou. If you start to see those little bumps appear at the base of the braids, or their so tight you look like you got a face lift then you are at risk for hair loss/damage. One guideline I heard a long time ago and live by is: if you can't turn your head or rotate your neck without feeling tension/pulling then your hairstyle is too tight.

Last relaxer 2/2005 BC on 7/18/2006 http://public.fotki.com/semora/ Officially 9 years since my last relaxer!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i agree with OP , however from my experience and how I was feeling yesterday( same thing as you) . I always feel like that because I have a sensitive scalp. To fix it, I always wash my hair once I get my braids done so that it falls into place correctly without hurting. See yesterday every time I would lift the hair I would be like dayum, but now at least it feels much better and as the days go by and you spraying your hair on a daily basis you should be fine and NOT feel pain anymore.

HTH