What brand of MSM are you taking

Maxitonia

Just wondering what brand of MSM is everyone taking, is it a liquid, powder or capsule form? How much is the dosage you taking daily? Finally what benefits did you see from taking this supplement.

AtlantaJJ

I'm taking Source Naturals Powder but I'm switching to a liquid... I'll post the name when I think of it :scratchch

I started taking it for my hair, and found it really helped the pain in my knee to disappear and it helps me recover from tough workouts.

I think it makes my hair softer... but I take it for my body

Maxitonia

I'm taking Source Naturals Powder but I'm switching to a liquid... I'll post the name when I think of it :scratchch

I started taking it for my hair, and found it really helped the pain in my knee to disappear and it helps me recover from tough workouts.

I think it makes my hair softer... but I take it for my body

AtlantaJJ how much is the dosage you were taking?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Nature's Way capsules, 3000 mg (3 capsules) a day. They're filtered using OptiMSM

I'm about to switch to Trimedica capsules, same dosage. Trimedica uses Lignisul or pine trees as their source for MSM

I've had good success with Nature's Way, but wanna see if the naturally derived Trimedica will work better.

Whatever brand you choose, make sure it's filtered using OptiMSM or Lignisul. Most brands of MSM are full of chemicals and metals, they aren't pure msm. Just go to google or ebay and type in Optimsm, lots of brands will show up :)

AtlantaJJ

AtlantaJJ how much is the dosage you were taking?

I usually put a full teaspoon in my juice which means I'm getting about 4 grams a day.

Nature's Way capsules, 3000 mg (3 capsules) a day. They're filtered using OptiMSM

I'm about to switch to Trimedica capsules, same dosage. Trimedica uses Lignisul or pine trees as their source for MSM

I've had good success with Nature's Way, but wanna see if the naturally derived Trimedica will work better.

Whatever brand you choose, make sure it's filtered using OptiMSM or Lignisul. Most brands of MSM are full of chemicals and metals, they aren't pure msm. Just go to google or ebay and type in Optimsm, lots of brands will show up :)

I just read that my Source Naturals MSM is an OptiMSM product.

I'm getting ready to start taking TriMedica Pure MSM™ Liquid, I want to see if there is a difference, eventhough I'm happy with the SN...I just want to try this because it seems more pure.

Info:

No Heavy Metals. Guaranteed 99.9% Pure. Clinically Proven. Patented Lignisul MSM Process.
Not all MSM is the same. Inferior brands of MSM can contain harmful heavy metals and fossil fuel derivatives that don’t provide the superior results of PureMSM™. PureMSM™ utilizes a patented state-of-the-art manufacturing and extraction process that ensures 99.9% purity.

PureMSM™ liquid contain 99.9% purified MSM to deliver extraordinary benefits for joints, muscles and skin.

For healthy joints, muscles, tissues, skin, hair and nails, PureMSM™ is the right choice – every time.

Trimedica™ Liquid is made by a special propietary process that uses ultra-purified water to increase assimilation and provide a convenient way to take MSM every day.

Last edited:

loulou82

I use Jarrow Formulas for Whole Foods. It's a powder and one little scoop is 1000 mg. I mix 2000 mg worth of MSM in my orange juice every day. I'm going to increase to 3000 mg soon. I'm switching to SN after I finish up Jarrow though.

Juliagizzle

For the past week I have been taking source naturals powder a whole teaspoon(5200 mg ) in my green drink given me the energy I needed no ill effects as of yet. Too early to see any definite effects. Yet, I swear my hair feels softer... I also take the NSI optimsm capsules when I cant get the drink. I might up my dosage to, what I dont know yet.

araceli2418

I'm taking Lifetime MSM in powder form. I take 5000mg per day. I put in cooled off coffee or OJ. I've been doing this for a month now.

CherishGOU

I use Jarrow Formulas for Whole Foods. It's a powder and one little scoop is 1000 mg. I mix 2000 mg worth of MSM in my orange juice every day. I'm going to increase to 3000 mg soon. I'm switching to SN after I finish up Jarrow though.

Why have you decided to switch brands?