Surge Substitute??

nc cutie

Hi everybody

I am new to the forum. I just found out about Surge. A little too late seeing as though it is discontinued.:sad:Anywho Is there something just as good or is Mega Tek way better than Surge? Please help a confused sister out!:spinning: Thanks in advance!

fxdiva

Hi everybody

I am new to the forum. I just found out about Surge. A little too late seeing as though it is discontinued.:sad:Anywho Is there something just as good or is Mega Tek way better than Surge? Please help a confused sister out!:spinning: Thanks in advance!

Here's what I found on another site:

Okay, all of you Surge 14 users might be feeling a little unsure of what to do now that the fate of the company is very uncertain. I've been doing a little searching and researching and I may have found two substitutes for Surge. Keep in mind that I have not used Surge or any of these replacement items. This recommendation is based solely on ingredient lists so you will have to decide if substituting these products will suffice.

Surge 14 Hair Revitalizer - Ingredients:
Water, cetrimonium chloride, propylene glycol, muccopolysaccharides, hydrolyzed keratin protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, polyquarternium-7, biotin, fragrance, methylparaben, aloe barbadensis gel, propylparaben, citric acid, sodium PCA

(ingredients similar to Surge 14 highlighted in red)

Top Choice Substitute:
Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-in Conditioner $4.00 - (ApHOGEE Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner) Ingredients:
Water, polyquaternium-11, amodimethicone, panthenol, hydrolyzed hair keratin, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans (hydrolyzed muccopolysaccharides), sodium-coco collagen amino acids, cocoyl sarcosine, wheat germ fatty acids, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, sorbitol, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, tocopherol, sulfur, tallowtimonium chloride, citric acid, polysorbate 80, nonoxynol-10, aminomethyl propanol, dimethicone copoylol, acetamide MEA, PPG-2 methyl ether, fragrance, quaternium-15, methylparaben.
Pro: this product contains oils and vitamins not found in Surge 14; contains the muccopolysaccharides found in Surge; contains sulfur
Con: this product contains cones

Second Choice Substitute:
Fantasia IC Hair Strengthener Treatment $7.00 - (Fantasia IC HAIR STRENGTHENER Treatment - 6oz spray) Ingredients: Water, polyquaternium-11, vitamins B1, B5, niacin, biotin, ethoxydiglycol, magnesium sulfate, propylene glycol, chitosan, hydrolyzed silk, cocodimonium hydrolyzed keratin, aloe vera gel, dimethicone, copolyol, panthenol, quaternium-15, polysorbate 20, fragrance.
Pro: this product contains vitamins not found in other 2 formulas and silk protein, contains chitosan which is an aminopolysaccharide
Con: this product does not contain muccopolysaccharides; contains chitosan which is derived from shellfish (allergy alert!); contains cones but near the end of ingredient list

I hope this is helpful to anyone out there looking for the Surge products. Good luck!

Surge Substitute
Add 4 to 10 tablespoons of MSM powder to my aphogee pro vitamin

Most people have decided to mix the two products 50/50 and or add 4 to 10 tbs of MSM and most of them are claiming to get the same results. The links are to a beauty supply store, but if I'm not mistaken, you can also find these at Sally's or Walmart (MSM powder at Walmart). I'll start mixing my concoction after the New Year celebrations.

Hope this helps, have a Happy New Year!!! :party:

Last edited:

nc cutie

I forgot about this! I am running to the store to get some Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-in Conditioner!