Update (with pics)--Irony: I look better with short hair.

pink gator

Hi!

I took some pics today of the cut, and also included some pre-haircut ones I took right after I did my color (in black tank top) two weeks ago.

I'm three days away from being 8 weeks post. After I retouch next weekend, I'll upload some more.

I'll get the hang of taking really good pics like everyone else on the board, eventually. (Taking more than 10 minutes to get one suitable picture is NOT cool.)

Attachments

• Color Cut Oct 2008 001.jpg
    Color Cut Oct 2008 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 383
  • Color Cut Oct 2008 002.jpg
    Color Cut Oct 2008 002.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 295
  • Color Cut Oct 2008.jpg
    Color Cut Oct 2008.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 331
  • Color Cut Oct 2008 003.jpg
    Color Cut Oct 2008 003.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 320
  • Color Cut Oct 2008 004.jpg
    Color Cut Oct 2008 004.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 307

kandake

Sexy Mama!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Cute. No wonder you were getting so much attention.

I love short and sassy cuts

Last edited:

pink gator

Hey nice to match a face to a name, you are working the cut, I can't wait to see experiment pics :yep:
I'm lovin it!!!

The student cut it into a long sweep bang that covers my right eye.

But my relaxer is so "old" that the bang won't lay right. So when I do my retouch I'll show y'all.

The student also showed me different ways to style it, like spiky, behind my ears and all other variations. I'll take some pics, too.

I'm sho' gonna miss her when she graduates in a couple weeks! She's heading to a salon in Forsyth County (way north of Atlanta in an area where black people were recently allowed to come--remember Oprah and Hosea Williams' march there in the 80s?), plus, she gave me a cut that easily would have cost at least $70-$80 in a yt (her new spot) salon! It took her an hour to meticulously get that style on me. It's the best $15 I've spent in a long time!

An aside...and I hope not to step on any toes or cause controversy: But is it true that yt stylists got the cutting/color game down to a science? Outside of a really good friend who used to hook me up before she became addicted to cocaine really bad, I have yet to find another black stylist who can cut as well.

Last edited:
The student cut it into a long sweep bang that covers my right eye.

But my relaxer is so "old" that the bang won't lay right. So when I do my retouch I'll show y'all.

The student also showed me different ways to style it, like spiky, behind my ears and all other variations. I'll take some pics, too.

Pink gator, I'm jealous! that cut IS HOT!!! even though you say you need a touch up, :nono: I can't imagine it being any flyer than that (yes I said fly :look:). Now make sure when you get ready that you have all the different little styles for us to see. BTW, I don't always like to mention the obvious but I'm with asummertyme, your tat is on the job...I see you girl, know wonder they were all over you in Europe:yep:

It's the best $15 I've spent in a long time! What, student, school,
*inter resting*

An aside...and I hope not to step on any toes or cause controversy: But is it true that yt stylists got the cutting/color game down to a science?

I would say YES!!! (real loud too) I owned a salon and phew!! *wiping my brow* horrible, to learn that skill, you must get additional education-pay money-show up-and do the work! Nuff said! There are some that can though, because they invested in them selves.

Alright I'm going to bed, you ladies will have me up til 5am on this board (I'm addicted):yep:

Nite!

pink gator

Pink gator, I'm jealous! that cut IS HOT!!! even though you say you need a touch up, :nono: I can't imagine it being any flyer than that (yes I said fly :look:).

Yeah, I learned on the board that DCs at least twice a week REALLY helps with NG...and a nice #3 Denman brush and good blow drying technique, too! :grin:

Also, I've found that Phytorelaxers make my hair look fresher longer. I was planning on stretching until December before I cut it. Short hair doesn't allow that luxury anymore. I was ready to touch up the really short areas last week, but I had just done the color.

BTW, I don't always like to mention the obvious but I'm with asummertyme, your tat is on the job...I see you girl, know wonder they were all over you in Europe:yep:

You are TOO sweet! Yeah, the men LOVED the ink in France! :eyebrows2

Last edited:

pink gator

It's the best $15 I've spent in a long time! What, student, school,
*inter resting*

An aside...and I hope not to step on any toes or cause controversy: But is it true that yt stylists got the cutting/color game down to a science?

I would say YES!!! (real loud too) I owned a salon and phew!! *wiping my brow* horrible, to learn that skill, you must get additional education-pay money-show up-and do the work! Nuff said! There are some that can though, because they invested in them selves.

Alright I'm going to bed, you ladies will have me up til 5am on this board (I'm addicted):yep:

Nite!
I'm addicted, too! Done overslept for work MANY mornings! LOL!

You owned a salon? Where? Wow!

I got my hair cut at the Aveda Institute in Atlanta. Their curriculum is a year long--provided that the student goes non-stop, but most of them take a couple weeks to a month off. They learn all the techniques from cutting to chemicals and everything in between.

Melissa--the student--told me that when she graduates, she wanted to do the whole line of hair services at her new salon, but upscale yt salons only lets their stylists specialize in a certain specialty; so she said if she had to make a choice, she would choose cutting or color, because they allow the most creativity and are the most profitable.

The Institute is really a good bang for the buck! Not only you get the top-of-the-line, up-to-date services; they also use Aveda products!

pink gator

I love short styles! You go girl! It is very nice.

I was about to say the same thing.

I love your ink :love: is it a full sleeve?

It's a half-sleeve; it took 13 hours to do (but not all in one sitting, though). I wasn't bold enough to go all the way down to my wrists. Maybe I will someday. Sometimes I wanna be conservative and wear 3/4-length sleeves to cover it. :grin:

jamaicalovely

:wave:Hi Sebastian. lol

Pink Gator, that hair cut looks really nice on you. Like the previous poster said, it's nice to put a name with a face. Oh, love the color.

*Muffin*

Aww, how cute! I think you will look good with long hair as well :yep:. You could get some face framing layers.

titan

The short hair suits you, women don't necessarily have to have long hair to look beautiful.

Last edited:

pink gator

:wave:Hi Sebastian. lol

Pink Gator, that hair cut looks really nice on you. Like the previous poster said, it's nice to put a name with a face. Oh, love the color.

:lachen:@ Hi Sebastian! LOL!!!!

Well, thanks for the compliments! It was the least I could do (putting pix up) since my LHCF sisters have been putting up really nice ones that have given me inspiration!

pink gator

I LOVE IT!!!! Man this makes me want to cut my hair. So cute! I love a good precision cut.

See there!

That's what happened to me!

There's this contestant, Johanna, on that CW show "Stylista," whose precision cut is off the chain! She inspired me to cut off mine!

Another one whose cut I like is Samantha from this cycle's America's Next Top Model; she can do so many styles with it:

Still another one Holly from Make Me A Supermodel. I loved her original bob style, but her cut even more:

asummertyme

It's a half-sleeve; it took 13 hours to do (but not all in one sitting, though). I wasn't bold enough to go all the way down to my wrists. Maybe I will someday. Sometimes I wanna be conservative and wear 3/4-length sleeves to cover it. :grin:
I am looking to get some new work done myself soon, still looking for a good Artist..:sad:...nice to meet a fellow tat lover!!:grin: