Hair that was down to her knees

GinnyP

I was in the health food store this woman walked in with hair down to her thighs braided-- I had to ask her since i was trying to decide which hair vitamins to purchase I ask her how did she get her hair to grow that long she said seaweed she eats it all the time she eats it raw or cook it with her meals- she told me to go the oriental store to buy it. She would not stop to talk she was walking the entire time like she was on somthing I wanted to ask her more about seaweed if it is like spirulina oh well she was in a hurry-she was caucasian and looked earthy like she camps out alot she had on boots it is 90 degrees here. oh well SEAWEED.
Do any of you eat seaweed raw?

HollyGolightly

Maybe she was talking about nore (I think thats how its spelled). Its what the Japanese use to wrap sushi in, and also they put it in their soups. You can even snack on it plain when its dried, kinda like chips.

DahomeyAmazon

The best seaweed I have eaten is from a company called Rising Tide in California. You can eat it raw, but I usually eat it in soup.

Keisha is correct you can usually find nori seaweed in a grocery store. But, make sure you buy the organic kind. Nori or wakame and miso paste make a great soup.

EbonyEyes

I used to love eating seaweed raw while I was living in Hawaii. I was in elementary school at the time. Me and my schoolmates would bargain with each other for a pack of seaweed!

-Ebony

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
jancan7 said:
I was in the health food store this woman walked in with hair down to her thighs braided-- I had to ask her since i was trying to decide which hair vitamins to purchase I ask her how did she get her hair to grow that long she said seaweed she eats it all the time she eats it raw or cook it with her meals- she told me to go the oriental store to buy it. She would not stop to talk she was walking the entire time like she was on somthing I wanted to ask her more about seaweed if it is like spirulina oh well she was in a hurry-she was caucasian and looked earthy like she camps out alot she had on boots it is 90 degrees here. oh well SEAWEED.
Do any of you eat seaweed raw?

[/ QUOTE ]

ONCE U HAVE SEAWEED, its addictive, I crave it I have only had it 2 times, I dont know what company it was just a SALAD, man the Salad was good, I know I can get a bag,(Dont know what company) for $15 dollor at a small health food, My familiy loves it since trying the SALAD, I do belive her, its really good, if u have not tried it tried it

Sweetyb

[ QUOTE ]
jancan7 said:She would not stop to talk she was walking the entire time like she was on somthing
...she had on boots it is 90 degrees here. oh well SEAWEED.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, I just had to laugh. Thanks for the info though

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Doesn't seaweed contain kelp, which is said to be good for hair growth?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it contains kelp which is a natural form of iodine. And it's supposed to be excellent for hair growth.
I too love seaweed raw or prepared, like Nori, in my salads.
As was mentioned, it can be addicting. I prefer to get it at an Asian market because the prices are best there. Health food stores have it also.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
the thought of eating actual sea weed just really freaks me out

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever tried sushi? Those little rolls of rice have seaweed wrapped around it (nori). This is how most Americans eat seaweed.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever tried sushi? Those little rolls of rice have seaweed wrapped around it (nori). This is how most Americans eat seaweed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't do it Isis! I love fish, but not raw fish

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE Sushi!!!

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE Sushi!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jen, you don't worry about Salmonella poisining???

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE Sushi!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jen, you don't worry about Salmonella poisining???

[/ QUOTE ]

No...I don't know the details of it, but you don't have to worry about Salmonella with fresh fish, like you have to with other animals that have been slaughtered and processed through various methods. The fish used for sushi is very fresh, usually caught the same day you eat it.

Not all sushi is raw fish, for example salmon is usually smoked when in sushi.

Plus, the Japanese have eaten it for centuries w/o any problems....you should try it!

Honeyhips

Lovely
what does sushi taste like? I meant seaweed. but I bought some, it maade my salad interesting. I think I can get used to it.

oglorious1

Mixologist
There are a lot of things we use on a daily basis that have ingredients that come from seaweed in them, like toothpaste, and if you like McDonald's shakes, they have ingredients derived from seaweed. The biologists at the aquarium have a lot of good info about seaweed.

joemerald

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I drink Sea Moss.I wonder if it is the same as Seaweed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sea Moss is made of seaweed so you are all right.

Jo.

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
SweetJamaica said:
My grandmother had hair past her butt when she was younger. Long anf Wavy.

[/ QUOTE ]

what was her diet? was seaweed something she swears by,

Shatani

i agree that its probably genetic....i know a peruvian girl with hair to her ankles....its gorgeous, and she doesnt do anything special....she keeps it in a braid most of the time....but still ends up sitting on it...she hates that!
~T~

MsNastassja

Hair down to her ankles? How tall was she, by the way? It would be more impressive if she was, say, a giant or something, than it would be if she wasn't.