*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters

onelove08

Thanks so much Bronze for posting this info! My hair is silky (like I put oil in it)! And growing! I use soymilk. I love it!

Stella B.

Where my Egglettes at? Are ya'll off gettin' dolled up for the Inauguration?
I can feel that y'all are....

Hey Bronze! I had my drink earlier today-it tasted like a vanilla shake with a dash of eggnog! Ummmmm, tasty! I'm drinking the hair cocktail every other day, and rotating the smoothie drink Naked green machine on alternate days. I really miss the drink on days when I don't make it. :look:
I won't be all dolled up for the inauguration ball, but I will be going to a special luncheon here in town on Tuesday with my girlfriend to celebrate the inauguration. I'm excited!! Do you have any plans?

guyanesesista

Hey ladies I'm back I felt like a million bucks today. My day was great!!! And I was still full on the shake even after running. Running normally eats up all my fuel. Thanks Bronze. I don't think I've thanked you since this thread started.

peppers01

Just checking in today! Today was pay day so I went splurging at the vitamin shoppe (like it's the mall)! But I got some molasses, a multi-vitamin powder, and MSM to add to the shake. I added them to my shake this evening and the molasses gave it a chocolatey-type of flavor, which was actually good. I even have my boss at work jumping on this bandwagon (unofficially). I feel a little guilty, because I think I turned her into a vitamin PJ. We were in there excited, discovering, and reading all these new vitamin and stuff we never heard of.

guyanesesista

^^^Girl I got last place:lachen::lachen:. Oh well it was my first meet and I wasn't even trained for it anyway that man just threw me under the bus. I didn't even care though, I was like WOOHOOO I finished!!! YEAH!!! Now I have to work on my time, I did 11.18 secs in the 60m. That was bad but who cares.:rolleyes:

esoterica

Do you guys think this will work without the raw wheatgerm?
I can only find stabilised wheatgerm. I do have the oil though.

sunflower

Anyone else's nails feel like steel? My nails are super strong, stronger than they have ever been. They are growing at an above average rate and stronger than heck.

sunflower

I think it would work. You should drink it with what you have now until you are able to find the raw wheat germ. The wheat germ oil is better than nothing.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
This cocktail really helped my hair grow fast. Even my nape is responding!:yep: I'm very pleased.Now I'm going to see how I can get my body in shape and bring it up a notch!:yep:

That's encouraging! I am working on my nape as well. Between this shake and the aminos I have been taking, I have had a ton of energy and have been able to work out daily. Thanks everybody!:grin:

peppers01

Okay ladies I have progress pics from 12/31 to today that I am so excited about. Okay Bronze I told you I cut about 2 inches, maybe 1 1/2 inch from my ends:eek:. I relaxed today, did the aphogee 2 step protein treatment, DC, and added vatika frosting. I am so excited because it's gotten longer than it was BEFORE I dusted and this is healthiest shine my hair has ever had post-relaxer:woot:. I have to give it to the shake for my progress, because I had no specific hair regimen besides pre-poo treatments with coconut oil, EVOO, black castor oil, and grapeseed oil. Thanks Bronze:sneakyhug:, this shake has truly been a God-send.

December 31, 2008

January 17, 2009

Last edited:

MonaRae

Yes, I tried the raw wheat germ for about a month and it just didn't sit right with me. I haven't had it in 2 months and I'm hair is still flourishing.

ayoung

Way to go Pep,

How many weeks post were you in the b/f pic?
When did you cut the 1-2 inches off?

*if I can get these results...:woot:*

sunflower

Okay ladies I have progress pics from 12/31 to today that I am so excited about. Okay Bronze I told you I cut about 2 inches, maybe 1 1/2 inch from my ends:eek:. I relaxed today, did the aphogee 2 step protein treatment, DC, and added vatika frosting. I am so excited because it's gotten longer than it was BEFORE I dusted and this is healthiest shine my hair has ever had post-relaxer:woot:. I have to give it to the shake for my progress, because I had no specific hair regimen besides pre-poo treatments with coconut oil, EVOO, black castor oil, and grapeseed oil. Thanks Bronze:sneakyhug:, this shake has truly been a God-send.

December 31, 2008

January 17, 2009

Wow, your hair is really shiny. Did you flat iron in either pic.

Essensual

... this is healthiest shine my hair has ever had post-relaxer:woot:. I have to give it to the shake for my progress, because I had no specific hair regimen besides pre-poo treatments with coconut oil, EVOO, black castor oil, and grapeseed oil. Thanks Bronze:sneakyhug:, this shake has truly been a God-send.

December 31, 2008

January 17, 2009

"...bling bling. Everytime you come around ma city...bling bling...":grin::grin::grin:

tallnomad

My cousin came to visit me today. I was busy cleaning my house up until she arrived and hadn't made my smoothie. After we visited for awhile, I told her I could make us a smoothie--she hadn't eaten either. I explained to her about the raw egg and told her all about our thread. She thought everything made sense, but said she thought she would pass.

Well, I started making her smoothie without the egg and then she was like, "you know what, add it. Everything about it sounds right." So, she tasted it and couldn't stop saying how good it was. She was basically like this :drunk:

I made a big batch and she kept downing it and was very excited about it . . . so, I made a convert! She's serious about her diet and beauty habits too, so I'm very happy that this is something we can share when we visit one another.

tallnomad

Thanks. I didn't think it would be a problem since soy milk is not a dairy product. I wasn't too sure about the egg protein powder but my colds normally last 2-4 days. It's been over 2 weeks now. :ohwell: I will give it up for a week to see.

Secretrose--sorry I'm late to respond to this just now. Soy also produces a lot of mucous--just FYI. I've read a lot about this, and my cousin and I were talking about this during her visit today. She went to see a naturopath who also told her this. Just FYI. Hope that helps a bit.

LostInAdream

Hey ladies!:hiya: Its been two weeks on the shake and I feel great. First let me say thanks to bronze:flowers: for giving us the scoop on this great shake:grin:. This shake has my skin looking beautiful! My nails are strong as ever, my hair is so moisturized. I go to the gym feeling like I can work out all day lol!:strong: I have so much energy and No matter how much or less sleep I get I feel great in the morning. I just feel so great and I know its the shake :guiness:thanks ladies!

divinefavor

I purchased everything to make my shake. The only thing I didn't get was wheat germ oil, since I already have my EPA oil that I'm going to add.

Vinyl

Hey again! I went off the shake for a few days, and I'd like to get back on it Monday, but my cold hasn't gone yet. I just read that soy milk also contributes to that, and I've been drinking soymilk. So maybe I should cut that out too. I can't wait to get back on my shake again! I was thinking of cutting out the whey protein because my shake currently has 553 calories. Which only leaves me about 600 for the rest of the day. I use all the normal ingredients, with one scoop of whey protein.

Oh, I wanted to add that I've noticed an improvement in my belly-size since I've been taking the shake. It's a lot smaller than normal, and I love it. (I have what I liked to call a "pregnant belly.") I haven't lost any weight though.

Last edited:

divinefavor

Hey again! I went off the shake for a few days, and I'd like to get back on it Monday, but my cold hasn't gone yet. I just read that soy milk also contributes to that, and I've been drinking soymilk. So maybe I should cut that out too. I can't wait to get back on my shake again! I was thinking of cutting out the whey protein because my shake currently has 553 calories. Which only leaves me about 600 for the rest of the day. I use all the normal ingredients, with one scoop of whey protein.

I'm going to be using almond milk. Have you considered almond or rice milk?

divinefavor

You know what, I actually have both of them downstairs but considered soy milk to be the same as rice milk. I think I'll use rice milk; that'd be great.

Let us know how it works out for you. I haven't started drinking the shake yet, I'm a little nervous to try it in fear that it may me gag. :grin:

NYAmicas

Seeker
Bronze, thank you for the 3rd time for making this. I was researching wheat germ oil and whey protein when I came across an article that suggested isolate instead of concentrate (less carbs and stronger).
Where is everyone getting their wheat germ oil/other ingredients? This thread has grown exponentially.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm going to be using almond milk. Have you considered almond or rice milk?
I love using Almond milk in my smoothies and shakes. In addition to soy milk, it's been one of my 'Healthy' staples for quite some time. Rice milk is also very good. :yep: