Ooooooooook product rave time: Silk Elements Mega Moisture!

foxieroxienyc

So after some consideration - and running out of my old conditioner - I decided it was time to try something new. I wanted a true DC, the kind that instructs you to leave on for more than 5 mins and add heat for more benefit...:look:

I was at Sally's and they had this on sale, buy one get one free....

So I got the regular conditioner and the olive moisturizing treatment. The blurb at Sally's says:

Olive Moisturizing Treatment - Formulated with Olive Oil and Silk Protein to condition, strengthen, soften and restore moisture from inside out.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Silk Elements Olive Moisturizing Treatment/SBS-373322,default,pd.html

MegaSilk Conditioning Treatment - To give your hair amazing shine without the gunky build up, this product is great. Detangle and soften hair with the deep conditioning properties of this treatment. Use is for everyday conditioning or deep conditioning treatments and watch your hair transform into beautiful, healthy hair. (The website only has the little packets and not the full sized tub like the other conditioner).
http://www.sallybeauty.com/MegaSilk-Moisturizing-Treatment/SILKEL13,default,pd.html

----
I clarified, did a hardcore protein with Emergencee, then followed with a DC of the MegaSilk Conditioning Treatment with heat for 30 mins. I IMMEDIATELY after rinsing it out felt the incredible softness of my hair. It was like velvet.:lick: I added a little leave in - Sebastian Potion 9 and HE LTR. And then rollerset (1/2 airdry and 1/2 under the dryer). Well the result was incredibly shiny and moisturized SOFT hair. I have used both of these conditioners this week as my 2-3x a week DC regimen (in the DC challenge) and I have been pleased each time. I set my hair on mostly grey rollers (used like 4 purple for the edges and nape). I didn't even saran wrap, blowout or flat iron my roots - I'm 4 weeks post. I didn't add ANY serums at all!

Ladies looking for an AMAZING dc, this is it! I use their relaxer too, their line seems to work extremely well for my hair.:yawn:

Forever in Bloom

I bought a little packet of the regular formula to try out, so this review came just in time because I will be going back before the sale is over! Thanks :grin:

ETA: The 16 oz. is available. You just have to click on the picture of the packet, and that will take you to the page where you can select the size you want :yep:

Last edited:

wheezy807

FoxieroxieNYC, your hair is beautiful as usual. Silk Elements is definitely one of my staples. I always receive awesome slip from the mega silk moisturizing treatment. BTW, the moisturizing treatment is B1G1 Free at sally's this month. You can mix and match, whatever you'ld like. Also don't sleep on the regular shampoo and conditioner, also on sale $3.99 this month.

Last edited:

wheezy807

What are the ingredients? Your hair looks fabulous by the way.
S.E. Olive Moisturizing Treatment
  • WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,CETYL ESTERS ,GLYCERIN ,STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE ,AMODIMETHICONE ,SODIUM PCA ,CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,TRIDECETH-12 ,HYDROLYZED SILK ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE ,FRAGRANCE ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE ,YELLOW 5 ,BLUE #1 ,BENZYL BENZOATE ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,LINALOOL ,BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ,HEXYL CINNAMAL

foxieroxienyc

Thanks you guys.

Yeah this does have cones, cones don't really bother my hair much, my hair seems to thrive as long as the products are pretty good. But if you are on a no-shampoo regimen then you may want to consider the ingredient. Me, I love shampoo, lol.

Barbara

Princess
So after some consideration - and running out of my old conditioner - I decided it was time to try something new. I wanted a true DC, the kind that instructs you to leave on for more than 5 mins and add heat for more benefit...:look:

So I got the regular conditioner and the olive moisturizing treatment. The blurb at Sally's says:

Olive Moisturizing Treatment - Formulated with Olive Oil and Silk Protein to condition, strengthen, soften and restore moisture from inside out.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Silk Elements Olive Moisturizing Treatment/SBS-373322,default,pd.html

MegaSilk Conditioning Treatment - To give your hair amazing shine without the gunky build up, this product is great. Detangle and soften hair with the deep conditioning properties of this treatment. Use is for everyday conditioning or deep conditioning treatments and watch your hair transform into beautiful, healthy hair. (The website only has the little packets and not the full sized tub like the other conditioner).
http://www.sallybeauty.com/MegaSilk-Moisturizing-Treatment/SILKEL13,default,pd.html

----
I clarified, did a hardcore protein with Emergencee, then followed with a DC of the MegaSilk Conditioning Treatment with heat for 30 mins. I IMMEDIATELY after rinsing it out felt the incredible softness of my hair. It was like velvet.:lick: I added a little leave in - Sebastian Potion 9 and HE LTR. And then rollerset (1/2 airdry and 1/2 under the dryer). Well the result was incredibly shiny and moisturized SOFT hair. I have used both of these conditioners this week as my 2-3x a week DC regimen (in the DC challenge) and I have been pleased each time. I set my hair on mostly grey rollers (used like 4 purple for the edges and nape). I didn't even saran wrap, blowout or flat iron my roots - I'm 4 weeks post. I didn't add ANY serums at all!

Ladies looking for an AMAZING dc, this is it! I use their relaxer too, their line seems to work extremely well for my hair.:yawn:

I saw this at Sally's yesterday in the Crenshaw area, but I decided that I don't need to buy another mega silk conditioner even though I wanted to try the olive oil one. I need to use up what I already have before I buy anything else.

So what made you decide to move to Los Angeles? I like New York City, but I haven't been there in a while.

LaReyna756

I bought the Olive Oil one and bought the poo and instant con too that were on sale for $3.99. I haven't tried them yet though. Now I can't wait.

Healthb4Length

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these conditioners! I've been using the Olive one for the past two weeks and my hair have been behaving so well! This has replaced Keracare Humecto in the tub for now because it's easy to get and it's pretty cheap! I only wish that they made these in 5lb tubs! I'd be in heaven!! These products are worth a try at least once! I love the smell, consistency, slip and the softness that I get whenever I use these products. Type 4a/b stretchers this one is for us!

Barbara

Princess
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these conditioners! I've been using the Olive one for the past two weeks and my hair have been behaving so well! This has replaced Keracare Humecto in the tub for now because it's easy to get and it's pretty cheap! I only wish that they made these in 5lb tubs! I'd be in heaven!! These products are worth a try at least once! I love the smell, consistency, slip and the softness that I get whenever I use these products. Type 4a/b stretchers this one is for us!

I've never tried KeraCare, because I don't want to have more than one expensive conditioner on hand--but I've always wanted to try it. Since this is comparable to Humecto, :blush:then I must start using it after I finish my tub of Verifen Complex conditioner.

I'm always on the lookout for thick, quality conditioners (and shampoos for that matter) for a reasonable price.:yep:

foxieroxienyc

Thanks guys, again this is some serious stuff!

Barbara, that's the Sally I went to, lol. Don't buy all of the conditioners there though, I'm planning on hitting it up to get two more, lol. In any case, I came to LA for the sun, the palm trees, the beaches, and the change of pace. Time to see a new part of the world. My next stop.... Maybe Paris in a few years lol.

mrshicks2002

I went and bought this conditioner this weekend end and will be going back to get two more before the sale ends. I DCed with it and just love it.

BTW your hair looks really good and I love the shine!

MA2010

Great info ladies! I have been searching for an inexpensive DC. I'll be on the lookout for this one.

GodsGrace

:ignore:
I will not go to Sally's
I don't need any more conditioners
I will not look at shiny swangin soft hair like foxie's
Rinse, repeat

HoneyDew

I saw this in Sally's when I was there Friday night.

I decided against it for now (have enought conditioners right now) but it smells VERY good. Even the regular conditioner and shampoo smells good.

TwoKaylas

On time review :up: I was eye balling that SE treatment on my last Sally's trip. I'm definitely going to try it now esp. since I'll be relaxing soon.

Chrissmiss

Ive been using the MegaSilk for almost 2 years and love it. I saw the Olive oil one last time I went to sally's I think I will try it next time.

chebaby

i have this but havent used it yet, the regular megasilk that is. i love the luxury poo and rinse out conditioner. this weekend i will deep condition overnight with this deep conditioner and then when i wake up i will sit under the dryer for 10-15 minutes and then wash with the shampoo and leave the quickie conditioner on while i shoower. then blow dry and flat iron. i will post back with my results.

Chameleonchick

I'm going to get this later on today and DC with it tommorrow. I hope I like it because I don't think I need two. I also want to get the olive oil rinse conditioner.

----

I think I found another hair twin lol:grin: My hair luuuuurrrvvesssss silk elements:drunk::spinning: Don't sleep on this line ladies:grin:the olive dc is the bestest! I tried the silken child extra moisturizing condish and my hair is in :love:

Barbara

Princess
Thanks guys, again this is some serious stuff!

Barbara, that's the Sally I went to, lol. Don't buy all of the conditioners there though, I'm planning on hitting it up to get two more, lol. In any case, I came to LA for the sun, the palm trees, the beaches, and the change of pace. Time to see a new part of the world. My next stop.... Maybe Paris in a few years lol.

Okay, I'm looking forward to visiting London and Paris again. I put my traveling abroad on hold when we were attacked on September 11th.:wallbash:

Southern Californians are known for their casual lifestyle, and don't let all this entertainment get to you. It can be quite overwhelming. :band2: Anyway, welcome to the West Coast. :superbanana:

Last edited:

Chameleonchick

Well I bought this (olive oil version) and I short DCed with it this morning, and I'll tell you what, I didn't put a moisturizer on my hair afterwards (was in a rush) and just now after taking down my bun, my hair is still soft! Thanks for telling us about it.

morehairplease

I have both of these on my sally's to buy list. I just wish that they sold the sample packet for the olive moisturizing treatment.

foxieroxienyc

No prob you guys. My hair is totally in LUUUUUURVE with this stuff. I find whatever reason I can to DC with it now. I'm addicted to washing/DC'ing my hair now, lol.

bee

Everything I've tried from SE is great; from relaxers to conditioners and leave-ins! There has not been one product I've used from SE that has left me disappointed.

I'll be there tomorrow to pick these up!

tabitha2cute

I must admit I took advantage of the sale for SIlk Elements when they had the 33 oz shampoo and condish 2 for 10... I absolutely LOVE them both. Will be heading over for the DC. Thanks, FOxie

gymfreak336

Yall aint' right :lol:

Foxie...first Giovanni and now this :nono: You want me to stay broke :lol:

I might have to wait until they run a promo on these.