Bishop Eddie Long’s Satellite University Unaccredited

thatscuteright

By newsobserver.com

Um, About that Four-Year Degree …

National (ChristianPRgroup) - Students at Atlanta megachurch Bishop Eddie Long’s satellite university campus have been informed that their bachelor’s degrees are useless after officials discovered the school was unaccredited. The New Birth Missionary Baptist Church campus, which offered a satellite program of North Carolina Central University (NCCU) in Durham, N.C., closed down in June when the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) reviewed the school and would not approve it. The move affected 39 students currently enrolled and at least 25 who had already received degrees. It was announced this week that NCCU will have to repay students any federal loan money issued since the New Birth campus began in 2004. Long is working with University of North Carolina system President Erskine Bowles, who blames NCCU’s prior leadership—which established the program—for failing to seeking SACS accreditation until earlier this summer.

-END-

Nice & Wavy

By newsobserver.com

Um, About that Four-Year Degree …

National (ChristianPRgroup) - Students at Atlanta megachurch Bishop Eddie Long’s satellite university campus have been informed that their bachelor’s degrees are useless after officials discovered the school was unaccredited. The New Birth Missionary Baptist Church campus, which offered a satellite program of North Carolina Central University (NCCU) in Durham, N.C., closed down in June when the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) reviewed the school and would not approve it. The move affected 39 students currently enrolled and at least 25 who had already received degrees. It was announced this week that NCCU will have to repay students any federal loan money issued since the New Birth campus began in 2004. Long is working with University of North Carolina system President Erskine Bowles, who blames NCCU’s prior leadership—which established the program—for failing to seeking SACS accreditation until earlier this summer.

-END-

Wow...this is sad. :nono: I do hope Bishop Long gets this all worked out:yep:

HeChangedMyName

Oh snizzappp. This is not good. four years wasted? I hope not, hopefully these students will have something to come away with.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I pray this works out for everyone involved. Pastor Eddie Long has so much good in his heart; I don't believe he was negligent, just unaware.

May God's grace and mercy prevail. The Church has enough attacks; as well as the body of Christ. I thank God for His grace and abundance of redemption and mercies for all involved. That all of his accusers and their motives are brought into the light...the full light.

In Jesus's name, Amen.