A little Depressed...but Thankful

Farida

Hello ladies. I'm sorry this is long.

As I have shared before DH is unemployed right now and we have managed to stay afloat but finances have been tough. The good thing is that he got called for a second interview for the job I asked you to pray for. It will still take almost 2 weeks before we get a final word on whether he gets it or not so I'm trying to stay positive.

We sold both our cars to ease the financial stress and his father gave us his car that had worked fine forever, but unfortunately it finally just died on us. We had to pull whatever resources we could to buy another vehicle and we managed to get a really good one. We didn't get comprehensive insurance because though the car was in good condition, we couldn't afford it and the car as a whole wasn't worth very much money.

Unfortunately, last night we were going to get some dinner and someone was speeding, not paying attention, ran a red light and smashed into our car, dragging us three lanes across traffic into oncoming vehicles and so we crashed into another car. Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured other than a few cuts, bruises, stiff and pulled muscles. It could have been so much worse, because it was side impact (no side airbags) and the other two cars involved were huge commercial-size vans.

Sadly, we bore the brunt of the impact, so our car is probably going to be ruled a total loss, because the damage exceeds its value. The entire passenger side of the car is pretty much destroyed. The windows are gone, the doors are so mangled they won't open, the axles are cracked so the wheels face opposite directions. The windshield is shattered, side mirrors are gone and I'm pretty sure the chassis is damaged.

The problem is, although it was not our fault, the guy who caused it didn't admit liability for insurance purposes and so as not to get a ticket. No witnesses stayed to back us up...there were several and they took off. Also, the guy has some really generic insurance company. I've had an accident before which was not my fault and the other person admitted fault and had AAA and it still took almost 4 months for them to fix my car, process the claim and reimburse my money.

I guess I am worried that his insurance may be so shady they won't handle this, or at least not any time soon. I am also worried they will try very hard to say it wasn't their client's fault. The police wouldn't tell us what he thought. He said we had to go buy a report at city hall:rolleyes:. Also, we now have to pay out-of-pocket for a rental and hope the insurance will reimburse us. On top of that, it is really stressful trying to find a good quality used car. That one was a gem...

I am just so tired. I'm trying hard not to cry. I cried for hours at the hospital last night. Both from realizing how lucky and blessed we were to come out almost unscathed but also from realizing the stress that lies ahead. I've been trying to stay positive through all our problems but it is very hard. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. It is times like this, though sad, that you take a look at your loved ones and realize how lucky you are to have them around, because in any instant they can be gone.

Highly Favored8

I am so sorry this has happened to you! I am glad you and your husband are okay! This happen to my SIL about 5 years ago a man hit her from the back and Had No Insurance!:nono: However, since she and my brother had insurance they ended going through their own insurance company to get paid. Don't let that person who hit you both get away with that! Go after that person! I will be keeping you both in my prayers and I am so glad you and your husband are okay! This will work out for both of you! You are both in my prayers:yep:

(((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you both!

HeChangedMyName

Hello ladies. I'm sorry this is long.

As I have shared before DH is unemployed right now and we have managed to stay afloat but finances have been tough. The good thing is that he got called for a second interview for the job I asked you to pray for. It will still take almost 2 weeks before we get a final word on whether he gets it or not so I'm trying to stay positive.

We sold both our cars to ease the financial stress and his father gave us his car that had worked fine forever, but unfortunately it finally just died on us. We had to pull whatever resources we could to buy another vehicle and we managed to get a really good one. We didn't get comprehensive insurance because though the car was in good condition, we couldn't afford it and the car as a whole wasn't worth very much money.

Unfortunately, last night we were going to get some dinner and someone was speeding, not paying attention, ran a red light and smashed into our car, dragging us three lanes across traffic into oncoming vehicles and so we crashed into another car. Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured other than a few cuts, bruises, stiff and pulled muscles. It could have been so much worse, because it was side impact (no side airbags) and the other two cars involved were huge commercial-size vans.

Sadly, we bore the brunt of the impact, so our car is probably going to be ruled a total loss, because the damage exceeds its value. The entire passenger side of the car is pretty much destroyed. The windows are gone, the doors are so mangled they won't open, the axles are cracked so the wheels face opposite directions. The windshield is shattered, side mirrors are gone and I'm pretty sure the chassis is damaged.

The problem is, although it was not our fault, the guy who caused it didn't admit liability for insurance purposes and so as not to get a ticket. No witnesses stayed to back us up...there were several and they took off. Also, the guy has some really generic insurance company. I've had an accident before which was not my fault and the other person admitted fault and had AAA and it still took almost 4 months for them to fix my car, process the claim and reimburse my money.

I guess I am worried that his insurance may be so shady they won't handle this, or at least not any time soon. I am also worried they will try very hard to say it wasn't their client's fault. The police wouldn't tell us what he thought. He said we had to go buy a report at city hall:rolleyes:. Also, we now have to pay out-of-pocket for a rental and hope the insurance will reimburse us. On top of that, it is really stressful trying to find a good quality used car. That one was a gem...

I am just so tired. I'm trying hard not to cry. I cried for hours at the hospital last night. Both from realizing how lucky and blessed we were to come out almost unscathed but also from realizing the stress that lies ahead. I've been trying to stay positive through all our problems but it is very hard. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. It is times like this, though sad, that you take a look at your loved ones and realize how lucky you are to have them around, because in any instant they can be gone.

:bighug: I am so glad you all are alright. It is times like these that our faith gets tested. You know that God is keeping you and that the enemy will try to throw you a curve ball just to get you to give up. don't give up. Keep your head held high and know that God has it all in control. For the bible says. "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." You are a servant of the Lord and he knows it. You will be blessed if you believe it. The Word also says "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

I am asking and believing for a breakthrough for you and your family in Jesus name.

kayte

my heart went out to you....prayed immediately as I know other did and are
so you have powerful forces in your favor
With God for you..who can be against you
yes... thank the Lord you are both safe
keep thanking Him

document everything.....
Stay Strong ..
Speak the Word..
Keep your eyes on GOD.
Look up.....keep your eyes on the Prize

it WILL be okay..
it will be BETTER than okay

LiberianGirl

I'm so sorry Vivmaiko. Thank God that nobody was seriously harmed in the accident. :needhug: When I am feeling down...Psalm 34 always lifts my spirit: 17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.

18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
19 A righteous man may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.
21 Evil will slay the wicked;
the foes of the righteous will be condemned. 22 The LORD redeems his servants;
no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him.

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

Last edited:

chicitygirl

I will pray for you and your family. Things will get better for you all. It's great that you've remained postive through everything.

foxxymami

I felt your heart through your post vivmaiko. I have prayed and will continue to pray for you and your DH. God bless you both :hug2:

deola

Just said a prayer for you and your family and will continue to remember you guys in prayers.

I'm going through a tough situation right now and it seems just when I'm settling to trust God for a breakthrough, the enemy throws one at me to shake my faith-so I can identify plenty with you!

I also thank God I have a very loving and very supportive husband as well as an always smiling daughter so I REFUSE to give the devil any joy by being downcast.

It is well for God has us engraved in the palm of His hands and will not leave us desolate.

Zuhus

I sent a prayer out for you too. I just remembered what one preacher said.... That the verge of your victory and the TOUGHEST moment of your battle both take place at the same time (hope that makes sense). I am sure God has a good plan for you and DH thats why the devil wants to discourage you. Practically PLANT yourself in God's word day and night and you'll soon start feeling better. Whip out old DVDs and books with God's promises and if you have a journal where you record what God did for you in the past, that will lift your spirits pronto :yep:. I was going through the toughest times in my life not so long ago, and though not much has changed, my state of mind has so much been renewed. And I guess thats like overcoming 75% of the problem. I now see a GREAT light at the end of the tunnel, all in accordance to the Lord's will, not my own, coz I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Usife moyo mami, kwenye umetoka ndio mbali, sasa uko karibu kufika :sneakyhug:

Farida

well, the good news is DH looked around town and found the other guy's insurance company. So he is legally insured. Now we wait to see how good this company will be. We are driving a rental right now. The insurance company will tow our car tomorrow to inspect it. It is still parked by the side of the road. We were unable to drive it home because the axles are bent so the wheels face the opposite direction - our car is knock-kneed lol. We also didn't want to lose our last free AAA tow. We already used up two this year.

When I was at the hospital I saw this family that made me sad. The girl was very young, probably early twenties. She seemed really nice. She dropped out of college and had two kids. The guy she has kids with is on heroin - I know because he was in the room next to mine and I heard the doc talk to him. He was also acting so strung in the waiting area that I knew he was on something.

What made me sad is this guy doesn't seem like he is helpful at all to her. She was struggling with the kids and seems to be in charge of them. He is like her 3rd kid. I would guess she makes the money in the home too. He is just dead weight and a bad example for her kids. I really prayed that somehow she would see this. But it made me sad because I know more often than not, she will stay with him, her kids will grow up around him and it is a vicious cycle.

Oh and DH got called for the 3rd and final interview for the position so we should know by the end of the coming week!

Thank you ladies for all your support. I feel so blessed. I love this board!

Country gal

Just said a prayer for you and your family and will continue to remember you guys in prayers.

I'm going through a tough situation right now and it seems just when I'm settling to trust God for a breakthrough, the enemy throws one at me to shake my faith-so I can identify plenty with you!

I also thank God I have a very loving and very supportive husband as well as an always smiling daughter so I REFUSE to give the devil any joy by being downcast.

It is well for God has us engraved in the palm of His hands and will not leave us desolate.

I am going through it too. I need to be prayerful and focused. Darn if it don;'t seem like one thing after another.

ahsiar29

GOD WANTED U TO KNOW THIS PLEASE READ:

Yield yourself completely to Me, says the Lord, and let the wind of My Spirit carry you. I promise that you will not be disappointed in the final outcome. But, you must let go of your own desires and ideas of what you think is best for you and your situation. I alone can see the beginning from the end, and I alone can direct your steps and bring you to divine destiny. Therefore, trust Me and relax, says your God.
Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.

deola

GOD WANTED U TO KNOW THIS PLEASE READ:

Yield yourself completely to Me, says the Lord, and let the wind of My Spirit carry you. I promise that you will not be disappointed in the final outcome. But, you must let go of your own desires and ideas of what you think is best for you and your situation. I alone can see the beginning from the end, and I alone can direct your steps and bring you to divine destiny. Therefore, trust Me and relax, says your God.
Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.

This really spoke to my heart-thanks ahsiar29!

A song for you Op and everyone going through:

When peace like a river attendeth my soul,
When sorrows like sea billows roll,
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul!

Last edited:

Sashaa08

Praying for you and your family!!

Psalms 46: 1-3, 10-11
1 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
11 The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

Sashaa08

This really spoke to my heart-thanks ahsiar29!

A song for you Op and everyone going through:

When peace like a river attendeth my soul,
When sorrows like sea billows roll,
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul!

I love this song! Especially once I heard the story behind it (the author lost his son, lost his business in the Great Chicago Fire and when his family took a voyage to get away from the stress, he lost all 4 of his daughters-only his wife survived). When he caught the next ship to join his wife, and he passed over the wreckage that he claimed the lives of his children he started writing a song-"It is Well"

perry01

I just read your post and it is indeed much needed because, all of the things that i am trying to accomplish seem as thought its not working out and it has had me depressed and i feel like i donot have the will power to contine in this cycle and not see any postive outcome. I really don't know what to do.