Put on the Full Armour

kayte

Maybe this is really a spinoff about faith of in action
I underestimate the implications of spiritual battle. I think it means
having more faith but Jesus said it's not about having more faith
it's simply about having it....and it's what you do with the amount of faith you have......

If you were going to prepare for a marathon wouldn't you get plenty of sleep?...eat balanced and energy charged foods ,work out with weights and training with partner.....spend time meditating or pysching up for victory at the finish line?
In real combat..soldiers go through boot camp rigorous training
preparation....

Spiritual battle is no less real ...no less dangerous than less present

The Bible says FULL armour...not a part or some of it..but FULL ARMOUR OF GOD What is your FULL Armour? I can share I don't have it all yet. I've only begun to realize how real spiritual combat is ..
and I've been a part-armored..part-time warrior. I am in the process of assembling the Full Armour of God who has loved me with an everlasting LOVE

Psalm 91
Jeremiah 29
Psalms 103,118,37,45,23,30,21,126,128,138
Praying without ceasing
Speaking aloud God's promises
Speaking the blood of Jesus against evil
Carry my bible everywhere
Church each week
Regular fellowship with Christians
Pouring my heart to God
Practicing Forgiveness
8-10 HOURS OF SLEEP
Eating THREE MEALS A DAY
Spiritual retreat in Nature
Journaling
Silence
Tithing

Heb 4:15-16 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin. 16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. NIV

1 Cor 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. NIV

2 Cor 10:3-5 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. NIV

Eph 6:10-18 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. NIV

James 4:7-8 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. NIV

1 Peter 5:8-11 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen. NIV

1 Tim 1:18-19 Fight the good fight, 19 holding on to faith and a good conscience. NIV
1 Tim 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. NIV

Last edited:

kayte

Luke 10
Jesus Sends Out the Seventytwo

1After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.

5"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.' 6If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not, it will return to you. 7Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.

8"When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is set before you. 9Heal the sick who are there and tell them, 'The kingdom of God is near you.' 10But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, 11'Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off against you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God is near.' 12I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.

16"He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

17The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

18He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.[/COLOR] 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

21At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

22"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

23Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. 24For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it."

kayte

Still teachable ..searching for ways to activate a living faith
Hope other prayer warriors will share their examples

Faith Thoughts

Luke 8:22-25
Pastor Carl H Stevens

In Luke 8, the disciples were on a boat, while a terrible storm raged. Jesus slept as water began to fill up the boat. Peter cried out in fear, "Master, we are going to perish!" Peter's lack of faith exposed him in the midst of the storm. He panicked.

God will always expose a person's heart through the storms in his life. He reveals the nature and characteristics of our faith by what he has ordained to happen in the plan. God's people must be careful not to give into negativism when difficult times come along. Negativism challenges the record of God's kindness, it is clearly displayed in His Word. There is no need to analyze the past or question the future. Storms are a time for faith thoughts.

The boat was rocking and ready to go under, but Jesus merely stood up and said, "Be still." Or, as the original Greek brings out, "Be muzzled." In His rest, Jesus lived in faith thoughts toward His Father. He said to the disciples, "O, ye of little faith."

All believers face situations, personal problems and difficulties at certain points in their lives. They are not to analyze the storm. Rather, storms are times to think on things that are pure, lovely, kind, and virtuous. They are a time to speak faith thoughts.

Last edited:

kayte

Again hoping in #10 the CF warriors will share the faith...hope strength and experience!
be blessed :)

David's Twelve Resolves
Note in your Bible these 12-future tense resolves in Psalm 71:14-24.

1. v.14a But I will hope continually,

2. v.14b And will praise You yet more and more.

3. v.15 My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness And Your salvation all the day, For I do not know their limits.4. v.16a I will go in the strength of the Lord God;
5. v.16b I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only.

6. v.17 O God, You have taught me from my youth; And to this day I declare Your wondrous works. 18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come. [Note Psalm 92:13-15]

7. v.19 Also Your righteousness, O God, is very high, You who have done great things; O God, who is like You? 0 You, who have shown me great and severe troubles, Shall revive me again, And bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

8. v.21 You shall increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.

9. v.22a Also with the lute I will praise you-And Your faithfulness, O my God!

10. v.22b To You I will sing with the harp, O Holy One of Israel.

11. v.23 My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing to You, And my soul, which You have redeemed.

12. v.24 My tongue also shall talk of Your righteousness all the day long; For they are confounded, For they are brought to shame Who seek my hurt.

"So, looking forward to Christ's 'well done' means directing my life so that it is well. Living purposefully means that I make some choices, and in the power of God's Spirit, form some holy habits like these."

Here are all David's resolves found in Psalm 71.

Think of them as saying-"I will..."

1. Flee to God for hope as my troubles threaten to drown me.
2. Cry out to God for help before I give in to temptations.
3. Trust God's Word over my fears before I get paralyzed by them.
4. Seek the Lord about my hurts before I get bitter.
5. Keep reminding myself of God's faithfulness for all of my life to this moment.
6. Seek God's plan for my life each day.
7. Use my mouth so often for praise, no room will be left to complain.
8. Trust in the Lord's ability to rescue me more than EMS, the doctors, or calling 911.
9. Never give up even when all alone, forgotten by most and out of circulation for the rest of my days.
10. Never stop looking for people to share a testimony of God's goodness in my life.
11. Humbly depend on the Lord.
12. Seek out younger people and pass on to them my testimony of God's goodness and great faithfulness.
13. Never stop pursuing God in a deepening experience of knowing Him daily.
14. Welcome learning as God's perfect tools for shaping my life.
15. Forsake the stereotypes the uselessness of 'old timers'.
16. Let God invade my whole day, not just the start or finish, but all of it!

Last edited:

kayte

My Spiritual arsenal
Would love to know yours....
:)

Psalm 91
Jeremiah 29
Psalms 103,118,37,45,23,30,21,126,128,138
Praying without ceasing
Speaking aloud God's promises
Speaking the blood of Jesus against evil
Carry my bible everywhere