Develop a Habit of Speaking Positively

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Sunday, September 21, 2008 • Print Article
• Leave a Comment
Develop a Habit of Speaking Positively
Dr. Frederick K.C. Price
Christians need to learn how to be positive. By this I mean positive in line with God's plan and purpose. I am not talking about the power of positive thinking just as some kind of esoteric regimen. That is good, but it is not good enough for us to achieve what God would have us to achieve.
This is the point I want to make. Thinking positively is always better than thinking negatively, and it will put you in a better frame of mind to accept what is going on around you. However, it will not change your circumstance. On the other hand, the power of positive confession, in line with God's Word will change your circumstances in a positive way.
Jesus said, in Mark 11:23:
"For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
That means you will have the negative as well as the positive. If you do not want the negative, you had better stop saying the negative.
Why not say something that will help reinforce in me positive ideas so that I develop it into a habit. When I get to a situation in life, I do not have to say, "What shall I say now?" I don't want to say "Take care." I don't want to say "She makes me sick." When I develop a habit of speaking positively, I will not have to say that, because it will become as easy as breathing, an automatic reflex action. According to Mark 11:23, the will of God is for us to say it with our mouth and believe it in our heart.
I want to show you a mathematical equation so that you will understand how important the things I have stated are. If the number of times a thing is repeated is any indication of its importance, then we need to be very careful that we learn the lessons that the Spirit of God is showing us in the Word of God. As we read Mark 11:23 again, I will point out this mathematical equation:
"For assuredly, I say to you, whoever (1) says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but (1) believes that those things he (2) says will be done, he will have whatever he (3) says.
Notice the ratio, 3 to 1. Jesus only mentions "believing" one time, but He mentions "says" three times. I wonder is the Man trying to tell us something. Yes! He knew that Christians would not have a problem with the believing part because they will believe anything, even a lie.
People do not have a problem with believing. However, where they fall short is "saying." "Honey, you ain't gonna get me to say that! I ain't gonna say that I got something I can't see. You ain't gonna make a fool out of me!"
Jesus knew that people would not have a problem believing. Their problem would be confessing or saying. Inhibitions, self-centeredness, not wanting to look different to other people are problems for most people. Now, we will dress like a fool and look different, but for some reason, that does not bother us. However, when it comes to saying something that lines up with the Word of God that is a problem. When it comes to the things of God, most people suddenly have this great spirit of sincerity rising up in them. This great "honesty" spirit comes on them, and this great desire to be perfectly circumspect. Yet, oftentimes they say they have things that they do not have and never think anything about it.
Here's an example:
"Say man, I haven't seen you in a long time. When are you going to give me my five dollars you told me you were going to give me three weeks ago?"

"See me Friday I'll have some money then."
You are telling a lie. Friday has not come yet. The company you work for may go bankrupt and if it does you will not have any money on Friday. However, you are already confessing the future, and you have no problem with that.
"Meet me right here outside the gate, and I will have my paycheck on Friday."
We do not have a problem with that because we believe the word of men. The man told you he was going to pay you on Friday. The man always says and does what he says he is going to do; but God, you cannot count on God. If God says it will come to pass, it may not. We have great confidence in the words of men and based on their word, we will go out telling it all over town.
The power of positive confession works. If you believe that it will come to pass, you have to say it. We receive what we say if we believe it in our heart. This is the Word of God!
This devotional was excerpted from Dr. Price's newest book, "The Power of Positive Confession." Please call us at (800) 927-3436 or visit our website: www.faithdome.org for a complete list of his products.

Kiadodie

THanks. I've been praying that GOd would change me into a positive thinker instead of a negative one.