Does Anyone Else Get Bored with Their Hair Quick?

MzLady78

So Labor Day weekend I spend 12+ hours putting these damn braids in and now I'm ready to take them out after 2 weeks. :wallbash:

Truth be told, I think they make me look (and feel) mad young and I really want a more mature look, not just in terms of hair, but overall appearance.

It's so annoying, I'm constantly feeling the need to switch it up. I'd really like to find one style that I like enough to rock for more than a month or two.

Okay, vent over, LOL.

monikr

I'm running into the same situation - I've only had my braids in for about 4 weeks and I'm starting to miss my hair:rolleyes:

**Glamourlicious**

Yeap...that's why I wear weaves...instant weaves...ponytails...whatever I can think of to give me some variety.

I want braids right now...but I know better. I have hair ADD a something serious!

Lynnerie

I'm the same way. I can't stick with a style but I'm about to get some braids. By the way, your braids look very nice!

Qetesh

i feel you. with me its either do nothing.. the wash and go look... then that gets boring... i try to style or wig it or braid then blow out ....

it never ends... the good thing tho is when i am busy enough i tend to not focus on changing it so much.

i am about to try getting some pretty hair accessories.

Nonie

I get bored quickly too, but I never got bored with extension braids. Using human hair, I could pull off any style that loose relaxed hair can be worn in. (This is why I never used synthetic because besides creating waves with hot water, I didn't know what else to do with it.)

When I had extension braids, I treated them as if they were my hair. I used to think it was so funny when someone would say to me, "Oh you changed your hair" when all I had done was style the "same hair" differently. It's like wearing your hair up and then when you were it down people act like you just did magic. :lachen:

I get bored quickly which is why I love the versatility of my hair. But braids don't bore me. Braids gave me an excuse to rock styles I can't rock with my short hair. Styles I can't rock coz I don't want to press my hair. Some braid styles:

blkbeauty

OT

I am not sure what changed about Brandy's look and myabe she just isn't aging well. But she was really beautiful back in her Moesha days.

myronnie

Mememe!!! That's why i always make a list of styles that I like so that i can switch it up everyday...
i do a curly bun, a curly ponytail, a braidout half up/half down, etc..

right now i can't do anything but a curly bun because my hair is so afrocentric :( i'm so relaxing next week finally!

MzLady78

I knew it wasn't just me, LOL.

I think Nonie is right, the braids I have in now are synthetic and I really can't do anything with them. I'd probably feel differently about them if I had more options.

To be honest, I LOVE wigs but I'm having a hard time finding ones I like that don't look so fake.

mz. new~new

sigh... i get bored too easily! at one point i was buying a new wig every weekend. (that's crazy!) i've been wearing the same one for a week and a half... i'm about to lose my mind. :spinning:

RegaLady

Yeahhhh, finally people I can relate to.:grin: I got braids and kept them in for 6 weeks. I just could not go to 10 weeks. I get sooooooooooooooooooo bored with styles that I switch styles everyday. Someone mentioned buying wigs every week, that was me too:wallbash:. I was starting to think I had a problem. I just got weave 2 days ago, took it down, and now I have a weave ponytail. I really want a cure. I am spending too much money and time on my hair:perplexed.

SelfStyled

I knew it wasn't just me, LOL.

I think Nonie is right, the braids I have in now are synthetic and I really can't do anything with them. I'd probably feel differently about them if I had more options.

To be honest, I LOVE wigs but I'm having a hard time finding ones I like that don't look so fake.

Hey Mz. Lady check this thread out- I will warn you the wigs cost a grip, but they look pretty good. I broke down and ordered the 12' Dee 2 days ago.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=265069

flowinlocks

ME! ME! ME! One reason I never wanted to grow my hair out is because I LOVE CHANGE!!!:yep: & I love my hair short , and I love my hair when it platinum!!!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i do. longest i went with a style was 2 weeks and i was DYING while getting there but now that i have less time to waste playing with my hair im am getting in the grove of keeping a style for +2 weeks. im starting with my current cornrows. i want to go 4 weeks without taking them out. week one is almost done and im doing pretty good:yep:

LadyKaypnyc

That's the story of my life, even when I was relaxed, I would change up my style waaay too soon. I would pay 100 dollars for micro braids (with human hair) and take them out QUICK...my mother used to cuss me out.

Just last week I paid to get some teeny cornrows put in my hair, 3 days later I wasn't feeling it (despite all the compliments) and took them out....I just hate having my hair in the same style for too long.

With my hectic schedule, you'd think I'd stick to one protective style for a while, but I just...can't :nono:

So I definately feel you OP.

200AndOne

me too! i've had my braids in for less than 2 weeks, and I keep fantasizing about what I'm gonna do to my hair when i take them out.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I'm not bored yet...However, when I was relaxed, I pretty much just wore a bun and occasionally down. So now I feel like I can do a lot more. I wasn't really bored when I was relaxed, so I don't think I will be getting bored anytime soon.

imstush

story of my life. In the past 6 months I've been thisclose to relaxing (made an appt with Phyto), cutting (a la rihanna), locing, now I'm stuck on coloring.:look:

I've been too chicken to try any of the above.