LadyZ

HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS
, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT
THANKS,
OLCOW

Donda

Yes I've tired it and I love it
!

You simply add water to powder and stir, it will have the look and feel of mud. It has little to no smell and it goes on easy. It has no Ammonia or Peroxcide in it so you can use it the same day you relax!
. However it will only make your hair a couple of shades darker or lighter (the black colors are excellent).

It will gradually fade over two to three months, if semi-permeant is #2 and permeant is #3 I would say Bigen is #2 1/2. It is a nice way to dye without worrying about the extra damage hair dye can cause.

Hope that helps

Tracy

I used it too. So far, so good. I used to blonde up the roots of my hair which didn't take so well the first time I colored about 3? weeks ago. I did the Expressives about 2 weeks ago...

At this point my take is still that T&T is better....but Expressives did lift easier....The Xpressives line DOES have have ammonia derivatives and peroxide....it simply isn't ACTIVATED until you add the water - so there's a little marketing flim flam there. Odinary Bigen ( the dark shades - different line same brand - the deposit colors) has no ammonia, but it also contains peroxide.

It's better than Feria or Dark and Lovely...but I think T&T still wins.

I ain't the worst color in the world tho.

For more information check out http://www.bigen-usa.com

Check out the q and a in each line. That's there you get all the real deal answers. And do NOT use xpressives the same day as a relaxer. Treat it as a normal permie color and wait 2 weeks to be safe.

kitten73

Hi, I hear your name menitoned on the board all the time. I have seen your hair and I lovvvvvve your color. I ave very dark hair and I have used the Oriental Black Bigen in my hair. It has been months, maybe even a year since I did it last. I am 13 weeks post touch-up and I want to go lighter when I get my relaxer this weekend. I was thinking about the Bigen Xpressive line or Adore. I don't want a rinse since it will do nothing for my dark hair. Do you have any suggestions? I see you mention T&T sometimes for color, what is that?

LynnieB

bumpedity bump

now i wonder if it's just this expressive that creates a peroxide or if regular bigen does it too.

Last edited:

TeeKay21

Donda said:
Yes I've tired it and I love it
!

You simply add water to powder and stir, it will have the look and feel of mud. It has little to no smell and it goes on easy. It has no Ammonia or Peroxcide in it so you can use it the same day you relax!
. However it will only make your hair a couple of shades darker or lighter (the black colors are excellent).

It will gradually fade over two to three months, if semi-permeant is #2 and permeant is #3 I would say Bigen is #2 1/2. It is a nice way to dye without worrying about the extra damage hair dye can cause.

Hope that helps

I don't know if you were talking about the regular bigen or the expressives but the expressives says this in the FAQ's:
Does Xpressive contain ammonia and hydrogen peroxide?GO BACK TO TOP
Yes. When you mix the powder with water, ammonia and hydrogen peroxide are derived.

I just wanted to let everyone know it does have lifting agents and isn't just a depositing color like the regular bigen. (I have used the oriental and jet black regular bigen and I LOVE IT!!! Sorry, don't know bout the expressives though.)

ETA: This post is soooooooo retro!! (From may 04!)

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've been thinking about coloring my hair darker to brighten up my hair and get rid of dullness....So the REGULAR Bigen Oriental Black does NOT have ammonia NOR peroxide???

TeeKay21

That's right, no amonia or peroxide is needed in the reg. bigen b/c it is not lifting color and replacing it with the brighter hue. It just deposits color onto your strands. Kinda like if you colored s/t with a brown crayon and then colored over it with black crayon. The black you come out really thick and shiny over the brown!

MzRhonda

Snuckles said:
How is it at coloring gray?

Very good...my edges start losing color within days with regular color due to daily face washing but since Bigen last week my edges still look freshly dyed.

bablou00

I used the regular bigen and Ive heard that it dries out your hair. I am having a little bit more drienes than usually but other than that I love that stuff. I used the blue black and my hair is so dark and shiney. Havent seen the expressive anywhere