Nupur 100% Natural Mehendi - Anyone heard of it?

Trace

I'm going to do my first henna soon, so I picked this up at a local indian store. I talked to one of the Indian ladies there and Nupur is what she suggested. Besides the henna it has alma, brahmi and bhringraj in the mix as well. Just wanted to know if any of you LHCF'ers knew of the product or something similar. Thanks!

Platinum

I picked this up last month but I haven't used it yet. Hopefully someone will chime in with a response.

Snuckles

I just did a henna gloss last night with Mehendi Henna. It didn't have the extra stuff you have in yours. You should probably do a search on the extra ingredients.

Ballerina_Bun

I'm going to do my first henna soon, so I picked this up at a local indian store. I talked to one of the Indian ladies there and Nupur is what she suggested. Besides the henna it has alma, brahmi and bhringraj in the mix as well. Just wanted to know if any of you LHCF'ers knew of the product or something similar. Thanks!

I have a few packages of this. I used it for the first time over the weekend. My hair was very soft afterwards and felt very moisturized. I did not leave it on long though.

Platinum

Trace and Ballerina_Bun, are you talking about the one in the little green packets?

Last edited:

Platinum

it's a tall greenish aluminum package.

Is this the one you're talking about?

Platinum

Yes, but it also hasalma, brahmi and bhringraj in it. When are you going ot use it? When you do, I'd love to hear your results and how you use it.

I may try it this weekend or the next. What's your opinion about this product? Are you relaxed or natural?

Trace

Trace and Ballerina_Bun, are you talking about the one in the little green packets?

I'm at work and unfortunately I can't see the package, but the way you and Ballerina Bun are describing it, I think it's the one. I'm just concerned b/c I have tons of brassy highlights in my hair so I'll have to be careful when applying - I was also going to look for some indigo to help darken up the color.

AtlantaJJ

I have this, I haven't used it yet...I've been too busy... let us know how you like it, it comes highly recommended and I was told all you have to do is mix it with water.

jamaraa

While I've not used this brand personally, I've heard of it and great things about it. I usually avoid amla in my henna mixes as a personal preference, but nothing to fear w/ using it. I suggest mixing it up w/ some cheapo conditioner (Suave Naturals is a good bet, White Rain, VO5, etc..) in addition to water for a easier consistency to work w/ and very easy rinsing.

Platinum

Those of you that have tried this, what are the results? Does your hair turn reddish-brown like I've heard the result of the usual hennas or darker? I want to try this but I'm not sure if I want a reddish color. I may have to break down and buy some indigo if it doesn't get dark enough.

Trace

Those of you that have tried this, what are the results? Does your hair turn reddish-brown like I've heard the result of the usual hennas or darker? I want to try this but I'm not sure if I want a reddish color. I may have to break down and buy some indigo if it doesn't get dark enough.

I'm going to do indigo too because I have a lot of grey hair.

jamaraa

Platinum and Trace it will work like a regular henna and turn your hair red/reddish brown. If you don't want the red, get the indigo because nothing in this mix will skew the color from red to black.

Like any other henna, it's likely to go orange on greys...so have the indigo on hand. Do a two step if you want the most grey coverage.

Platinum

Platinum and Trace it will work like a regular henna and turn your hair red/reddish brown. If you don't want the red, get the indigo because nothing in this mix will skew the color from red to black.

Like any other henna, it's likely to go orange on greys...so have the indigo on hand. Do a two step if you want the most grey coverage.

Thanks. I'll wait until I get some Indigo.

AtlantaJJ

What's the word on the Nupur Henna, any experiences... Is it a fine sift and easy to rinse?

I'm thinking of ordering from hennaforhair.com but I have some of this at home but I'm concerned with using it with no reviews...

AtlantaJJ

I have a few packages of this. I used it for the first time over the weekend. My hair was very soft afterwards and felt very moisturized. I did not leave it on long though.
Are you still using this successfully, because the price is right at the Indian store and the sift seems to be fine. I like the fact that you say your hair feels moisturized and it seems to have some good ingredients with the Alma, Bhringraj, and the Brahmi...

Platinum

What's the word on the Nupur Henna, any experiences... Is it a fine sift and easy to rinse?

I'm thinking of ordering from hennaforhair.com but I have some of this at home but I'm concerned with using it with no reviews...

I never used it but I still have it. I was concerned about how it would react to my relaxed hair. I didn't hear enough reviews on it. I ended up buying Jamila Henna and using that instead.

Coffee

I used it this week and it worked great for me. I picked it up from the Indian store I frequent.

gorgeous86

I used to :love: this henna to rinse with. It left my hair dark (It has amla and bhringraj in it, so I didn't get the reddish tones when I used it.) I used to mix this with water, pour it over my head, and let it sit for about 5 minutes. I only stopped using this because i'm not doing rinses with henna anymore.

AtlantaJJ

I used to :love: this henna to rinse with. It left my hair dark (It has amla and bhringraj in it, so I didn't get the reddish tones when I used it.) I used to mix this with water, pour it over my head, and let it sit for about 5 minutes. I only stopped using this because i'm not doing rinses with henna anymore.
You got color with it on your head for only 5 minutes?? What happened to the 5 hours and over night deal :confused: :drunk:

gorgeous86

I used to use it every 1-1.5 weeks to keep my hair dark in between indigo treatments. I haven't been using it lately because I don't think that I will be using henna anymore ( thinking about switching to commercial hair dye). :yep:

AtlantaJJ

I just used the Nupur today on a whim and I am in :love:

I mixed it with chamomile, nettle tea and brewed coffee. I then added two teaspoons of grapefruit juice and let it sit in the sun for while 2 hours and then in my heating cap on low for 2 - 3 hours (three of the 25 gram packs). Then I mixed Lustrasik Mango and some Virgin coconut oil in. I shampooed my hair with a castile based shampoo mixed with rice bran oil then I oiled my hair with the coconut oil. I slopped the stuff on and took a nap. Used the heating cap for awhile. I think it was on for 3 hours. Rinsed out very well...I was worried about that part.

The color is :love3: :reddancer: :superbanana: I have a gray streak and it is fire! Beautiful and the Nupur is DIRT CHEAP! :reddancer:

Time for my overnight DC.

:love2: