Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Unread 09-01-2008, 10:38 PM
FearfullyWonderfullyMade

Thanked 14,645 Times in 3,051 Posts
Mentioned: 816 Post(s)
Tagged: 34 Thread(s)
Default Re: NATURAL 4A/Bs Who Heat Straighten: I Found a Solution! NO Reversion\NO Frizzy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyb View Post
Did you use any other products on your hair
I blowdried with Motions Nourish leave-in and Chi Silk Infusion Reconstructing Complex. I have also straightened my hair with just those two products before and my hair would frizz up later on. After using those products up, I plan on using just that grease for everything.
Purchase beauty products from me! http://www.marykay.com/jgpeete
Unread 09-02-2008, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Default Re: NATURAL 4A/Bs Who Heat Straighten: I Found a Solution! NO Reversion\NO Frizzy End

Hey Poohbear,

Your skin looks glowing with your hair.

Please be careful with the grease and pressing. In Liberia, we call these types of greases good pressing hair grease. In the end with the heat you end up with very straight pieces of hair and little body left to your hair if you do it often. I know many Liberian older women who pressed their hair with grease and it made their hair very straight and no reversion or poofiness but they were left with no more curls. Unless you don't mind then that's the only caution I would give to you. My mother who used to have very thick 4B hair now has 3c hair from pressing with grease over the years. She likes her hair natural now because she can slick some gel and go but she hates the straight pieces and the fact that its not as thick as it used to be.

Best,
Almond Eyes
Unread 09-17-2008, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Savvy Sistah View Post
I love how it looks even with the grease on it, it doesn't look weighed down.

Great Job!
That's what I was going to ask, whether or not your hair still had movement??
Unread 09-17-2008, 04:09 PM

Thanked 1,446 Times in 372 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

Your hair looks great. I am pro-grease! I'm glad this worked for you. My mother used to use bergamont grease to press my hair and it worked well. I just wouldn't do it too often because my hair ended up thinner and not reverting but I was using a hot comb on high heat.
Unread 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

this technique also works with pressing creme too. I used REP and I'm in love with ultra sheen pressing creme it's vegatable oil based. (alittle better then grease) doesn't weigh hair down if you use it right and I use the maxi glide to flat iron.
Unread 09-19-2008, 05:39 PM
FearfullyWonderfullyMade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Twana View Post
That's what I was going to ask, whether or not your hair still had movement??
Yep, my hair had movement and it still does! (I haven't washed my hair in 4 weeks since I posted this thread)! Lol!

Last edited by Poohbear; 09-19-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Unread 09-19-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
Yep, my hair had movement and it still does! (I haven't washed my hair in 4 weeks since I posted this thread)! Lol!

Poohbear you and your hair look AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Unread 09-19-2008, 07:40 PM

Still too much of a punk to straighten, but your hair looks GAWGUS DARRRLING!
Unread 02-01-2009, 09:39 AM

Thanked 44,574 Times in 7,516 Posts
Mentioned: 810 Post(s)
Tagged: 67 Thread(s)

Wow!!! It held up for FOUR weeks!!!! Amazing.
Unread 02-01-2009, 09:52 AM
<<-- Fitness Chick

Thanked 12,100 Times in 2,938 Posts
Mentioned: 701 Post(s)
Tagged: 42 Thread(s)

Some one would have to come get me down off the ceiling if I didn't wash my hair for 4 weeks
Shop Vitacost.com, my fav online discount retailer for health, wellness & beauty products. Shop through my link below and get $10 OFF your 1st order! Refer your friends & get a $10 reward for you AND your friends!
https://www.vitacostrewards.com/6YHVAj
Unread 02-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Life + Makeup = :)

Thanked 19,342 Times in 2,411 Posts
Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)

I never thought I'd straighten with grease (especially petroleum based), but I tried it on my roots for the first time the other day.

I used my regular heat protectant, Fantasia IC on my hair and applied a tiny bit of marcel wax on the roots. I have never had a press that looked this good and wasn't frizzy. I put pics in my fotki.

In the past, I'd just use a heat protectant but my hair would frizz up if I even thought about moisture. If I get hot, my head is the first part of my body to sweat. I wish I could be like some ladies and only use a serum, but my hair needs more.

The marcel wax has made a world of a difference. Sure I may have a slight weighted feeling in my hair, but it still has movement and excellent body. I washed it out today and had 100% reversion, no damage done.

ETA: Poohbear, I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to post a picture of my results:

Yellow Glitter Eyes

My Beauty Blog
Instagram: ashleyjo_beauty

Last edited by Priss Pot; 02-01-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Unread 02-01-2009, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

very pretty, i was thinking about the marcel wax, but wasn't sure if it would work or not, i may buy it and try it one piece of hair
Unread 02-01-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priss Pot View Post
In the past, I'd just use a heat protectant but my hair would frizz up if I even thought about moisture. If I get hot, my head is the first part of my body to sweat. I wish I could be like some ladies and only use a serum, but my hair needs more.

The marcel wax has made a world of a difference. Sure I may have a slight weighted feeling in my hair, but it still has movement and excellent body. I washed it out today and had 100% reversion, no damage done.

ETA: Poohbear, I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to post a picture of my results:

Gotta agree Priss Pot about that marcel wax and heat protectants. A couple of weeks ago I let my auntie press my hair for the first time in 20+ years. At first I was skeptical. But once she started applying the wax and began pressing, I started to remember how good that stuff works on my hair. Although my hair was very big and somewhat uncontrollable at times, I was surprised at the body and movement I had.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pressncurl_day3.jpg (82.5 KB, 29 views)
Unread 02-01-2009, 02:08 PM
FearfullyWonderfullyMade

Quote:
I never thought I'd straighten with grease (especially petroleum based), but I tried it on my roots for the first time the other day.

I used my regular heat protectant, Fantasia IC on my hair and applied a tiny bit of marcel wax on the roots. I have never had a press that looked this good and wasn't frizzy. I put pics in my fotki.

I don't mind at all. Your hair looks great! It has really grown too since your BC!
Unread 02-01-2009, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Very pretty Priss. I love those curlies too, though!!!
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

A spanish friend of mine put me onto this...Her hair doesnt revert(even in the rain!)...