Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 AM
CurlyMoo's Avatar
CurlyMoo CurlyMoo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In fields of Lavender
Posts: 14,871
Thanks: 11,260
Thanked 18,846 Times in 4,135 Posts
Mentioned: 363 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Default AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

What happened? The Youtuber, Childofda305 account has been closed and all of her videos are no longer accessible. I always check in to look at her beautiful hair as inspiration. You can't just snatch something down and disappear without telling someone something. DAMN! Was it real or was it memorex.

__________________
BIG BODACIOUS HAIR PICS
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
LadyKaypnyc LadyKaypnyc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somewhere in NYC
Posts: 2,071
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

She closed her account b/c she was getting nasty messages from that youtuber. She sent out a message before closing her account.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:39 AM
CurlyMoo's Avatar
CurlyMoo CurlyMoo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In fields of Lavender
Posts: 14,871
Thanks: 11,260
Thanked 18,846 Times in 4,135 Posts
Mentioned: 363 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKaypnyc View Post
She closed her account b/c she was getting nasty messages from that youtuber. She sent out a message before closing her account.
What youtuber was she getting nasty messages from? Did she block the user? And what kind of messages was she getting? What is her new name and video title? I subscribed to her videos and never got a message!

I smell a big fat New York rat!

I DEMAND AN INVESTIGATION NOW!
__________________
BIG BODACIOUS HAIR PICS
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Casarela Casarela is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NORTH POLE!!!!
Posts: 835
Thanks: 50
Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Man that is crazy how some people just dont have a life and have nothing better to do than to hate on a child and send her nasty msgs. I really think she has beautiful hair ...one word: HATERS!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-30-2008, 01:28 AM
jamaraa jamaraa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,169
Thanks: 1,627
Thanked 1,249 Times in 351 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Yeah, sadly she took 'em down. Somebody crazy was bothering the kid/mother. She got alot of nastiness and not just at YT. It's just a shame she took it all down BEFORE she actually told what her regime was.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2008, 03:58 AM
DivaD04 DivaD04 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Short, Hairland
Posts: 3,294
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 360
Thanked 194 Times in 78 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casarela View Post
Man that is crazy how some people just dont have a life and have nothing better to do than to hate on a child and send her nasty msgs. I really think she has beautiful hair ...one word: HATERS!

nicely put Cas, it couldn't have been said no other way! i wish i was able to catch her vids as well but you know, when folks don't have a life or just ain't got it all upstairs....they f_____ it up for everybody else. i hate that she took vids down. maybe we should tell some of the ladies on you tube to come on over here to lhcf to share.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Irresistible's Avatar
Irresistible Irresistible is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,854
Thanks: 867
Thanked 1,375 Times in 398 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 20 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Its would take a totally PATHETIC person to hate on that child and her beautiful hair
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-30-2008, 08:11 AM
BostonMaria's Avatar
BostonMaria BostonMaria is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 17,049
Blog Entries: 23
Thanks: 15,639
Thanked 39,296 Times in 6,935 Posts
Mentioned: 919 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Are you kidding me? OMG what a shame that she had to take down her pictures. That's just ridiculous. I feel so bad for her. I adored her Pokahontas braids.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-30-2008, 08:45 AM
SparklingFlame's Avatar
SparklingFlame SparklingFlame is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Im at where Im at, and I be where I be!
Posts: 10,026
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 73 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

See thats why I am hesitant to do a YouTube even though I want to.

Shame.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-30-2008, 09:33 AM
MizzBrown's Avatar
MizzBrown MizzBrown is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,222
Thanks: 11,619
Thanked 10,308 Times in 1,544 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Hmmph...whether you have good hair practices or not, people still will make rude and nasty comments.

Just confirmation.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-30-2008, 10:22 AM
LadyEuphoria007 LadyEuphoria007 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anywhere & Everywhere, USA (Currently FL)
Posts: 983
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 217
Thanked 291 Times in 115 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Dang that's too bad she really did have some beautiful hair.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Stella B.'s Avatar
Stella B. Stella B. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The best location in the Nation
Posts: 2,082
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 224
Thanked 255 Times in 122 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Post Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Hmmm.....I wonder if they closed the young girl down, or if they shut down the mom? For whatever reason, the mom was the one responsible for the commentary about her daughter's hair. She was also responsible for all the responses that were posted about her. When you make a decision to go public with a video like she did about her daughter, then you also have to follow the rules and regulations that are set up to protect the producers, as well as the people who will be viewing the sight. Last time I checked, there were both positive and negative comments posted from the people who were curious, and doubtful. I don't think the mom expected this sort of backlash, and wasn't sure how to handle it. She stepped outside of the video policy/boundary line she had used in explaining about her daughter's hair, and made another video using pics from other people's fotkis, and across the internet (with/without permission?) to prove that it was indeed possible for african- american girls and women to grow long hair. I truly believe she did this out of love, to protect her daughter's feelings from getting hurt by some of the rude remarks made by viewers. But policy is policy, and must be followed, to protect everyone. I think this is where she stumbled, and they decided to pull the plug. So we're left with only memories of her daughter's beautiful hair-but I think she proved her point in the short time her daughters video was active. Good luck to this darling young girl in the future; as I'm sure she will do well, and her hair will continue to thrive. Maybe when she gets older, she can do a hair video on her own. She gave us visual proof of how stunning, real, and possile growing long hair can be.
__________________
My mane taming video:
http://photopeach.com/album/16pxhr2

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:10 PM
jamaraa jamaraa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,169
Thanks: 1,627
Thanked 1,249 Times in 351 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella B. View Post
Hmmm.....I wonder if they closed the young girl down, or if they shut down the mom? For whatever reason, the mom was the one responsible for the commentary about her daughter's hair. She was also responsible for all the responses that were posted about her. When you make a decision to go public with a video like she did about her daughter, then you also have to follow the rules and regulations that are set up to protect the producers, as well as the people who will be viewing the sight. Last time I checked, there were both positive and negative comments posted from the people who were curious, and doubtful. I don't think the mom expected this sort of backlash, and wasn't sure how to handle it. She stepped outside of the video policy/boundary line she had used in explaining about her daughter's hair, and made another video using pics from other people's fotkis, and across the internet (with/without permission?) to prove that it was indeed possible for african- american girls and women to grow long hair. I truly believe she did this out of love, to protect her daughter's feelings from getting hurt by some of the rude remarks made by viewers. But policy is policy, and must be followed, to protect everyone. I think this is where she stumbled, and they decided to pull the plug. So we're left with only memories of her daughter's beautiful hair-but I think she proved her point in the short time her daughters video was active. Good luck to this darling young girl in the future; as I'm sure she will do well, and her hair will continue to thrive. Maybe when she gets older, she can do a hair video on her own. She gave us visual proof of how stunning, real, and possile growing long hair can be.
They (mother/daughter, not You Tube) removed the vids themselves. In fact, they'd removed the original vid once before and later put it back up. IOW, I don't think it had anything to do w/ the mother/daughter breaking any rules, but them being antsy about some comments being left.

They did that air vid of the other member some time ago, but unless she or someone else complained long after the fact, I can't see that being an issue. YT gets people for copyright infringement and I doubt those images were copyrighted.

IOW, I think it was simpler than that. Some jealous person probably threated to cut the kid's hair off or something. Kids behave that way all the time, but I'd not even put it past a grown up. Unfortunately her face was visible and even where she lived, so better be safe than sorry. Methinks the mother choose to back off YT entirely because most of their vids had nothing to do w/ hair. It seemed to be a family project of sorts.

Last edited by jamaraa; 08-30-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:24 PM
*Muffin* *Muffin* is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The DEEP South
Posts: 2,690
Blog Entries: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 65 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Youtube is getting really bad. They've got to do something about those racists/stalkers on there because good people who just want to help others and share their knowledge can no longer do that without being made to feel bad about themselves. It's really sad.

Last edited by *Muffin*; 08-30-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:29 PM
MizzBrown's Avatar
MizzBrown MizzBrown is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,222
Thanks: 11,619
Thanked 10,308 Times in 1,544 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Muffin* View Post
Youtube is getting really bad. They've got to do something about those racists/stalkers on their because good people who just want to help others and share their knowledge can no longer do that without being made to feel bad about themselves. It's really sad.
Freedom of speech. You gotta love it and hate it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Priss Pot's Avatar
Priss Pot Priss Pot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 10,517
Thanks: 22,147
Thanked 23,102 Times in 2,723 Posts
Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~StillALady~ View Post
See thats why I am hesitant to do a YouTube even though I want to.

Shame.
I say do it.

Once my hair gets a certain length, I plan to do a YouTube video (provided it still interests me by then).
__________________

Halloween Inspiration: Mileena from Mortal Kombat

My Beauty Blog

Instagram: ashleyjo_beauty
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:31 PM
LaPaciencia LaPaciencia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back Woods
Posts: 155
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

It's sadly gotten to the point where many You Tubers disable their comment section and I can see why.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:33 PM
LaPaciencia LaPaciencia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back Woods
Posts: 155
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Okay TSUPrincess04, what movie was that dog from! I just had a flashback!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-30-2008, 06:44 PM
MissMusic's Avatar
MissMusic MissMusic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,974
Thanks: 642
Thanked 1,759 Times in 490 Posts
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Chronicles of Narnia, right?
__________________
Currently 3 Years and 3 Months Natural Growth
Youtube Fotki Hair Blog
Health Blog
Transition over at 19 months 81 weeks and 4 days!!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-30-2008, 07:06 PM
SparklingFlame's Avatar
SparklingFlame SparklingFlame is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Im at where Im at, and I be where I be!
Posts: 10,026
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 73 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Default Re: AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRL WITH LONG HAIR- YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaciencia View Post
Okay TSUPrincess04, what movie was that dog from! I just had a flashback!!!
The Neverending Story!!!!
I LURVES that movie!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



» Advertisment

» Advertisment

» Advertisment

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2011, Long Hair Care Forum™, LLC.
Site Maintenance Nikos Dimopoulos - www.niden.net