Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Smile Any miracle results with biotin?

I started taking 200mcg along with vitamin B complex last week,
I want to know for those who take biotin...
How long have you been taking biotin ?
How long did it take for you to see results?
What were the results?
Did your hair grow any faster?
How many mcg did you take?
What brand of boitin did you take?

thanks so much!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 08-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

anyone in the vitamin challenge that are seeing results with biotin?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 08-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Son26's Avatar
Son26 Son26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,283
Thanks: 23,606
Thanked 5,524 Times in 1,294 Posts
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

How long have you been taking biotin ?
For about nine months.

How long did it take for you to see results?
I saw results after about three months.

What were the results?
I had a growth spurt (gained two inches) and then it slowed down.

Did your hair grow any faster?
Nope, but it made my nails grow really long.

How many mcg did you take?
5000.

What brand of boitin did you take?
I think it's called Sundown.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 08-11-2008, 01:47 PM
TexturedTresses's Avatar
TexturedTresses TexturedTresses is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,623
Thanks: 2,721
Thanked 1,537 Times in 368 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 18 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

Bumpin...................
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

I know alot of people are using biotin?? but I need to see some personal experience on how it has benefited others.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 08-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Fine 4s's Avatar
Fine 4s Fine 4s is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: icloud
Posts: 4,519
Thanks: 4,643
Thanked 4,399 Times in 1,349 Posts
Mentioned: 268 Post(s)
Tagged: 26 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

The closest I've ever gotten to Biotin is in my multi vits or in the MillCreek conditioner I got at Marshalls called Biotin Conditioner. They have Keratin Conditioner too....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 08-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

bump......
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 08-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

am I asking all the wrong questions?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 08-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Zenobia61 Zenobia61 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 251
Thanks: 68
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

I tried biotin , 5 mg per day...yes, that's a lot, but I was taking the Solaray tangy-flavored vits and didn't mind taking one a day at all. I took them for approx. a month and didn't really see a diff in my hair growth, but after the first month, my face broke out horribly with large cyst-like bumps. That was enough for me.. no biotin since then , but I am still tempted from time to time. I know many others that have had excellent results from upping their vitamins, but I think it's different strokes for some of us..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 08-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenobia61 View Post
I tried biotin , 5 mg per day...yes, that's a lot, but I was taking the Solaray tangy-flavored vits and didn't mind taking one a day at all. I took them for approx. a month and didn't really see a diff in my hair growth, but after the first month, my face broke out horribly with large cyst-like bumps. That was enough for me.. no biotin since then , but I am still tempted from time to time. I know many others that have had excellent results from upping their vitamins, but I think it's different strokes for some of us..
did you take it with a vitamin b complex?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Zenobia61 Zenobia61 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 251
Thanks: 68
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

No, I didn't do it right at all. I loved the taste of these vits so I would just pop one (sometimes two) in my mouth and chew it like candy.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:27 PM
joyandfaith's Avatar
joyandfaith joyandfaith is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: somewhere buying conditioner
Posts: 861
Thanks: 19
Thanked 74 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

Biotin finally strikes back...

I'm literally to the last 2 pills of my 60 day supply and I thought I was out of the woods (away from all the bumps people talk about with Biotin). Oh no, I kid you not, I have been developing a bump every 20 minutes for the last 5 hours. Its amazing. My body has finally started reacting to this stuff No more for me.
__________________
Natural - 3c
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:39 PM
sensiblesista's Avatar
sensiblesista sensiblesista is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chi-Town City
Posts: 736
Thanks: 5
Thanked 26 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

I've been taking 5000 mcg of biotin from Nature's Bounty that i got a CVS for about two months along with a my multivitamin which contains various B vitamins. I don't think it's made much a dramatic difference in my hair growth. My hair seems about the same to me. but my nails are diamond strong now when before they used to just peal and break off every week. I'm almost done with my first bottle and i think i'll be repurchasing it, just for the nail benefits.

I also didn't get any breakouts from biotin which is a relief after all the horror stories i read about it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 08-11-2008, 06:15 PM
starfish's Avatar
starfish starfish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Zamunda
Posts: 1,222
Thanks: 1,617
Thanked 1,274 Times in 288 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

How long have you been taking biotin ?
4 months

How long did it take for you to see results?
3.5 months

What were the results?
Thick thick hair, and I'm a fine strand, fine haired lady!
My hair is usually wet and in a bun, and even when I got my regular perm I couldn't tell the difference because it's bone straight and flat ironed. it wasn't until I had to rollerset 3 weeks ago for an event that I noticed the difference. My friends said it was so thick it looked like a weave, and I had several women at the event do the 'hand to the back of your hair to feel for tracks' move.

When I take it down from the bun I have thick crazy Chaka Khan hair!

Did your hair grow any faster?
I don't think so, my hair grows pretty fast anyways.

How many mcg did you take?
5000 mcg

What brand of boitin did you take?
Jarrow Formulas

One more thing: I had a horrible breakout when I tried to take Biotin last year. This year I was on the acne medication Accutane, so I took biotin and a mutli B vitamin too. I don't know if my breakout was from Accutane or biotin. I had to stop taking Accutane 3 weeks ago and haven't taken the Biotin since. Since reading this thread, I took a biotin today, (with B-complex) and I'm going to start by taking one biotin a week and slowly increasing the dosage, adding on an extra day every 2 weeks. I think starting very very slowly is key to preventing the potential for an acne side effect.

HTH!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 08-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyandfaith View Post
Biotin finally strikes back...

I'm literally to the last 2 pills of my 60 day supply and I thought I was out of the woods (away from all the bumps people talk about with Biotin). Oh no, I kid you not, I have been developing a bump every 20 minutes for the last 5 hours. Its amazing. My body has finally started reacting to this stuff No more for me.
have you been taking it with vitamin B complex,that helps a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 08-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
How long have you been taking biotin ?
4 months

How long did it take for you to see results?
3.5 months

What were the results?
Thick thick hair, and I'm a fine strand, fine haired lady!
My hair is usually wet and in a bun, and even when I got my regular perm I couldn't tell the difference because it's bone straight and flat ironed. it wasn't until I had to rollerset 3 weeks ago for an event that I noticed the difference. My friends said it was so thick it looked like a weave, and I had several women at the event do the 'hand to the back of your hair to feel for tracks' move.

When I take it down from the bun I have thick crazy Chaka Khan hair!

Did your hair grow any faster?
I don't think so, my hair grows pretty fast anyways.

How many mcg did you take?
5000 mcg

What brand of boitin did you take?
Jarrow Formulas

One more thing: I had a horrible breakout when I tried to take Biotin last year. This year I was on the acne medication Accutane, so I took biotin and a mutli B vitamin too. I don't know if my breakout was from Accutane or biotin. I had to stop taking Accutane 3 weeks ago and haven't taken the Biotin since. Since reading this thread, I took a biotin today, (with B-complex) and I'm going to start by taking one biotin a week and slowly increasing the dosage, adding on an extra day every 2 weeks. I think starting very very slowly is key to preventing the potential for an acne side effect.

HTH!
I would love thicker hair! I hope I get this benefit, thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 08-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenobia61 View Post
No, I didn't do it right at all. I loved the taste of these vits so I would just pop one (sometimes two) in my mouth and chew it like candy.
at least you enjoyed taking the biotin, I hate popping all these pills.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
joyandfaith's Avatar
joyandfaith joyandfaith is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: somewhere buying conditioner
Posts: 861
Thanks: 19
Thanked 74 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneya View Post
have you been taking it with vitamin B complex,that helps a bit.
There is a good amount of B-complex in the multi packet that I take so I haven't been taking a separate B-complex. Today I didn't eat breakfast so I didn't want to take my vitamins (sometimes they make me sick if I take them without eating). Therefore, I took the Biotin and then it was 2 hours before I took the rest of my vitamins. I'm seriously wondering if that 2 hour head start without the other vitamins allowed it to get in my blood stream more than normal and start causing bumps . Thats crazy if it worked that fast, but I really think so.
__________________
Natural - 3c
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
2themax 2themax is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 442
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

Hi. Sorry it took so long to answer. Just read your thread....

How long have you been taking biotin ? 2 months.

How long did it take for you to see results? 1 week. (I believe this is because I was already taking some vits with Biotin in them).

What were the results? Skin break-outs (a few), nails grew like crazy, scalp itched a lot!! Hair keeps getting thicker and stronger.

Did your hair grow any faster? Yes! and I also take MSM, B-Complex, B-12, etc. & drink plenty of water!

How many mcg did you take? Biotin (10,000 mcg/day) A lot but....drink extra water (this will also clear the bumps - it did for me).

What brand of boitin did you take? GNC

Hope this helps - Take Care.

Last edited by 2themax; 08-11-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 08-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Paradox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Any miracle results with biotin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehairgirl View Post
Hi. Sorry it took so long to answer. Just read your thread....

How long have you been taking biotin ? 2 months.

How long did it take for you to see results? 1 week. (I believe this is because I was already taking some vits with Biotin in them).

What were the results? Skin break-outs (a few), nails grew like crazy, scalp itched a lot!! Hair keeps getting thicker and stronger.

Did your hair grow any faster? Yes! and I also take MSM, B-Complex, B-12, etc. & drink plenty of water!

How many mcg did you take? Biotin (10,000 mcg/day) A lot but....drink extra water (this will also clear the bumps - it did for me).

What brand of boitin did you take? GNC

Hope this helps - Take Care.
I really appreciate the details
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



» Advertisment

» Advertisment

» Advertisment

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2011, Long Hair Care Forum™, LLC.
Site Maintenance Nikos Dimopoulos - www.niden.net