Biotin 5,000mcg or MORE...pls vote...

Have you taken 5000mcg of BIOTIN or more....

• Biotin just made my hair grow

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • Biotin just made my nails grow

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Yes Biotin gave me unwanted facial hair

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • yes Biotin gave me unwanted body hair

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Yes it gave me unwanted body/facial hair but things have gone back to normal

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Yes Biotin gave me unwanted body/facial hair ...its still there.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Biotin was fine for me even taking 5000mcg or more.

Votes: 94 57.3%

• Total voters

xxBlackRosexx

Pls ladys... i need to know.

I have increase my dosage of Bitoin...but i have read a lot of threads saying that it can bring forth unwanted facial or body hair (like on the chest). :wallbash:

I want to find out some info.

if you stop taking...do the unwanted body/facial hairs go?

does biotin have any other benifits apart from hair and nail growth as i have horrid pmt.

thanks for any info x

AngieB

I take 5000mcg Biotin and have not experienced any wierd or unwanted hair growth. Seems to be working well. Been taking this dosage for about four months.

Chromia

I take biotin, but I've only been taking it for about 5 months. I started with 300 mcg, then went up to 600, then 900, etc............

Biotin helps to metabolize carbs, fats, and protein. And it's supposed to be good for your skin as well, as long as you take enough of the other B vitamins and you drink enough water.

As far as unwanted facial or body hair, I haven't noticed anything.

ETA: I take 5000 mcg now.

Last edited:

xxBlackRosexx

I take biotin, but I've only been taking it for about 5 months. I started with 300 mcg, then went up to 600, then 900, etc............

Biotin helps to metabolize carbs, fats, and protein. And it's supposed to be good for your skin as well, as long as you take enough of the other B vitamins and you drink enough water.

As far as unwanted facial or body hair, I haven't noticed anything.

ETA: I take 5000 mcg now.

Thanks but do you take as much as 5000???

tricie

Hi, Blackroses!

I recently found Sundown Naturals Super Potency biotin at Walgreen's and it is 7500 mcg per pill! I was like WOW! And at the time, they were buy 1, get 1 free. Needless to say I bought them and I take them at night. They are really small.

I do notice a little faster body hair growth, but I just shave/pluck as needed. And thankfully, I have not had any acne problems that have been reported with biotin use. I have been using biotin (started with 1,000 mcg, then moved up to 5,000 mcg, now at 7,500 mcg) for about a year and a half, and have more hair growth and much stronger nails as a result. If I was to get rid of all of my vits, this one won't be one of 'em!

HTH! :)

SoSweet08

I think I took about 10,000 mcg a day. I wouldn't intake that much from the supplement again. I probably should have been drinking a lot more water with it.

It made my new growth very thick and my hair grew very fast. I can't lie I miss my biotin but, those facial bumps was not cute at all. It took me a while to get rid of them and to get rid of the black spots it left on my face. It also gave me facial hair and hair started to grow on my chest and I was done.

I am doing just fine now by getting my biotin in from my hair vitamin, multivitamin, and foods (liver, peas, walnuts, brown rice, etc.). Although it's not as much as you can get from the biotin supplements itself.

LaReyna756

I voted that it gave me unwanted hair. I had a couple of random hairs pop up, nothing noticeable to anyone else though. I take 5000 mcg.

Ms.Honey

When I'm consistent, I take 10mg of biotin at night with no negative side effects and got an inch growth in a month:yep:.

xxBlackRosexx

Hi, Blackroses!

I recently found Sundown Naturals Super Potency biotin at Walgreen's and it is 7500 mcg per pill! I was like WOW! And at the time, they were buy 1, get 1 free. Needless to say I bought them and I take them at night. They are really small.

I do notice a little faster body hair growth, but I just shave/pluck as needed. And thankfully, I have not had any acne problems that have been reported with biotin use. I have been using biotin (started with 1,000 mcg, then moved up to 5,000 mcg, now at 7,500 mcg) for about a year and a half, and have more hair growth and much stronger nails as a result. If I was to get rid of all of my vits, this one won't be one of 'em!

HTH! :)

Hey thanks for your info, sounds good to me xx

longhairdreamzz

I take 5000mcg, but what I do it drink alot a water w/ it....and I have to make sure it's taken w/ a multivitamin. I won't take it w/o the multivitamin cause if I do my face will break out.

The Princess

I take 5,000mcg everyday along with UltraMega for women, which also has biotin in it. I have not notice any unwanted hair growth. It just made my hair strands thicker. I take other Vits and oils as well. Just make sure you don't take it by itself, you need to balance it out with other B vits and some Omega 3,6,9. Along with alot of water, you should be okay.

Mrs.Green

I take 5000 mcg of Biotin along with Ultra Mega Multi Vitamin with Iron and Ultra Nourish Hair. I am hairy anyway so :look: nothing unusual. I take them at night with orange juice.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I take 5000mcg Biotin and have not experienced any wierd or unwanted hair growth. Seems to be working well. Been taking this dosage for about four months.

same here. this came as quite a shock to me....however, i am experiencing a few hairs on my chin, but i think they sprout occassionally, don't know if it strictly bcs of biotin....no hairs on my chest, Thank God!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

i take biotin, 5000mcg, i think i'll up it to 10,000mcg, i'm hair as well, so nothing much to speak of...definitely not on my chest...i've been on biotin on and off for years....

dcprdiva

I stopped taking Biotin because of the extra hair and it broke my face out bad. There is biotin in my multivitamin so i'll just stick with that.

dcprdiva

I stopped taking Biotin because of the extra hair and it broke my face out bad. There is biotin in my multivitamin so i'll just stick with that.

tricie

Thanks for your honesty..does hair still grow in those areas?

Hey, xxBlackRosexx,

Wasn't sure if this was meant for me, but just wanted to respond; sorry I hadn't been on the site as much recently.

Yes, I still get facial hair and my kitchen seems to grow quicker too! I think I have to pluck/shave every other day still! :drunk: Doesn't bother me at all!

HHG!

Qualitee

I have found that biotin has made the hairs on my body stronger & more resistant. It takes much longer to nair my leg hair. It may say 3min on the bottle but even if i leave it on for 10 mins there are still stubbles and long hairs! I stopped taking biotin 3+ months ago. I dont think i'll take it again. :nono: somethimes most of us have biotin and or other vitamin deficiency but I think my body is full of enough biotin now. I dont think you guys should take biotin for that long. You can have vitamin over load too HTH

Last edited:

I started taking it and after a few weeks I started breaking out with cystic acne. It's gone now, but I am going to have to find a multivitamin that contains the Biotin. I wasn't able to use it long enough to find out about all the other side effects. Which multi-vitamin are you using?

~CurlyNikki~

Biotin has made my hair thicker (along with henna) and my nails are SKRONG, lol.

I've never experienced the breakouts...in fact, my skin is clear :D

lila_baby

not proud to say i have one or two hairs on my chin but when I haven't taken biotin (and other vits) I go long period after plucking the hairs out and they don't grow back. once i pop a biotin they start sprouting again. I just pluck them out. I don't think they can make you a werewolf though don't worry. and i am taking btwn 3000-5000mcg.

ycj

I take the 7500 mg and I am like some other ladies here I am very hairy and always have been, but never noticed any breakouts on my face. Just how fast my chin hairs seems to grow and my nails. I have to shave every day anyway (which is very embarrassing to say) but hey I never asked for this. I have'nt noticed anything out of the ordinary because as I mentioned earlier I have always been hairy.

Maybe I should drop the mg dosage some I don't know but so far everything is ok. I do take as directed from the bottle twice a day. I think I will continue taking them though!:yep: