Fusion Hair

Sui Topi

A friend of ours' girlfriend did this...shes cambodian though. She did it in Thailand for only 200 dollars. I could only tell the difference because I remember she cut her hair into a bob in like february and last week her hair was MBL. I looked closer and I could tell the difference in color. She said if she doesn't straighten her hair properly every day you can really see the difference. She also said sometimes it falls out. I would be interested to try this if they had a hair similar to my natural hair. I am really feening for length right now and I want something low maintenace where my scalp is exposed. Also, how do you take it off? Is it damaging?

i always wanted to get this done and my mother even offered to pay for it! however, i fear my hair falling out so i've just stayed away from it.

ladylibra

i do them on my sister's hair all the time, it's actually a very simple technique and i don't understand how salons are able to charge THOUSANDS of dollars. hell cornrowing is harder than adding fusion extensions IMO :lol:

my advice, the best way to make it look natural is to buy the more highly-textured hair. my sis gets some deep wave hair, it doesn't really look like her own hair when wet but she blowdries and straightens it and it blends perfectly. it looks more like BLACK hair, not slick shiny Barbie hair if that makes sense. ;)

i can go dig up photos...

*ETA: okay these are older photos. this was the first fusion weave i did for her, it was with the shiny Barbie hair, LOL. turned out nice though, but from then on we used hair that matched hers better because she didn't want her weave to be so obvious.

her hair (SL):

fusion weave added:

it took me about 3 hours to do this, now that i have done it several times i can knock it out in 2 hours. the "stylist" who did it for her the first time took over 4 hours. hee hee i'm a pro! :grin:

Last edited:

SexySin985

i do them on my sister's hair all the time, it's actually a very simple technique and i don't understand how salons are able to charge THOUSANDS of dollars. hell cornrowing is harder than adding fusion extensions IMO :lol:

my advice, the best way to make it look natural is to buy the more highly-textured hair. my sis gets some deep wave hair, it doesn't really look like her own hair when wet but she blowdries and straightens it and it blends perfectly. it looks more like BLACK hair, not slick shiny Barbie hair if that makes sense. ;)

*ETA: okay these are older photos. this was the first fusion weave i did for her, it was with the shiny Barbie hair, LOL. turned out nice though, but from then on we used hair that matched hers better because she didn't want her weave to be so obvious.

her hair (SL):

fusion weave added:

it took me about 3 hours to do this, now that i have done it several times i can knock it out in 2 hours. the "stylist" who did it for her the first time took over 4 hours. hee hee i'm a pro! :grin:

It looks good:yep:

How do you remove the hair though? Isn't it damaging to the real hair?

ladylibra

^^^just like a sew-in, it's damaging if you don't know what you're doing. i've heard of stylists telling people to use ACETONE to take these out... that's freakin crazy! :look:

baby oil works just fine in breaking down the bond. my sis uses it and can easily remove the extensions herself... usually she is lazy and asks me to do it though. :lachen: keep in mind, the reason stylists will tell you not to use things with petroleum or mineral oil is because those products weaken the bonds and will make the extensions come out. so logically, you can use those products to remove the extensions. :yep:

Sui Topi

^^^just like a sew-in, it's damaging if you don't know what you're doing. i've heard of stylists telling people to use ACETONE to take these out... that's freakin crazy! :look:

baby oil works just fine in breaking down the bond. my sis uses it and can easily remove the extensions herself... usually she is lazy and asks me to do it though. :lachen: keep in mind, the reason stylists will tell you not to use things with petroleum or mineral oil is because those products weaken the bonds and will make the extensions come out. so logically, you can use those products to remove the extensions. :yep:

How long does she keep it in? Do they have like really textured hair? Do yoooooooou notice any damage in her hair lol? (Since you are a board vet, I know you have that eagle eye and can spot damage months away which she may deny) I think I might do this stiiiiiiilll

ladylibra

she only keeps hers in for like 2-3 months. i will find you the site she orders her hair from :yep: and you know i do her extensions and would tell her if she was showing any signs of damage! ;)

Sui Topi

Ever since I posted that I've been looking for something that would go along with my natural hair....no dice....the closest thing I can find is some afro wave which I think will look like 3a/b (like a glue stick) or something, I dont want to have a nest on top of my head and then long waves (i'm 4a/3c...notice the 4a comes first lol) :rolleyes:....gimme something kinky or nothing at all!

naturalmanenyc

Whoa!!! $200!!!!!!
I paid $500 each time plus the cost of the human hair from Adorables.

It took about 3 hours to do each time plus the take down time, washing & conditioning. It looked real but I had damage due to my own handling of the hair. I treated it like a sew in for the first fusion install and had some breakage from the way I combed/brushed it. I took care of it better for the next few installs.

There are a couple pics of it in my fotki.

khrystyle

I had this for my wedding and I loved it. It cost me $500 plus the hair too. I didn't really have any damage when I had it. I think I actually took better care of my hair because I stopped using products with mineral oil and petroleum when I had it. I didn't keep it as long as I could have because I went to a black salon to have it styled. I told her no oil so she proceeded to put Marcel's curling wax (yes the orange thick stuff) on the fusion hair to curl it :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:!

So needless to say the bonds started breaking down so I had to take them out.

Ivonnovi

I've tried it. Have offered the product for sale/swap here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=4446015&highlight=fusion#post4446015

I put a few in my hair for "fullness" and trimmed it to my hair's length. I liked it. (Yes, I did them myself)

The only con I have to it right now is a personal one. My hair is thinning around the crown, I have to wear a bun/ponytail 5-days a week so the "fusion bonds" were not an "attactive " option for me....unless it's the weekend.

I inserted 2 pic below of the roots and a length shot before I trimed it to my hair's lenght.

Attachments

• Picture 73.jpg
    Picture 73.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 77.jpg
    Picture 77.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 38

Jusxdarling

I did this for my senior prom and kept them in for about 2 months. It was kind of a pain to take out...well maybe just for me...:yawn: Here's a pic of the back of it.

lilsparkle825

her hair (SL):

fusion weave added:

uhm...i'm gonna need a tutorial. my cousin desperately wants a new sew-in but she will flip over this...i'm about to make some money.

CHA CHINGGGG

no but seriously how is this done? sorry i'm dumb. and i cant cornrow worth shee-eye-it so this is great.

ladylibra

I've tried it. Have offered the product for sale/swap here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=4446015&highlight=fusion#post4446015

I put a few in my hair for "fullness" and trimmed it to my hair's length. I liked it. (Yes, I did them myself)

The only con I have to it right now is a personal one. My hair is thinning around the crown, I have to wear a bun/ponytail 5-days a week so the "fusion bonds" were not an "attactive " option for me....unless it's the weekend.

I inserted 2 pic below of the roots and a length shot before I trimed it to my hair's lenght.

nice!

yeah as many times as i've done them for my sis now, i think i could probably put my own in too. thinking about doing it this summer but haven't worked up the nerve (or cash for the hair :lol: ).

well, she has some in her hair now that she's waiting for me to take out... i suppose i could do a vid when i do the removal and briefly show how to put one in at the same time. really it's nothing IMO, it still baffles me that salons charge THOUSANDS for this! :nono:

well i'm working 2 jobs now so we'll see when Sis and i can find time to take those bad boys out, LOL

SoSweet08

Who here has ever tryedthis style? (fusion) looks like a lot of fun, not cheap but fun if you have pics please share, a friend grew her hair out past her shoulders using this for 6 months.

See details
Remy 909 Silky Straight Weave GRD5 - Human Hair Extensions (16873)

The very best in human hair. Remi 909 Scale Free beats all brands of processed human hair for the ultimate in softness, durability and tangle free management. The scales have...

This is really big in my city. It is said to be the healthiest way to grow your hair out while wearing extensions. I was thinking about trying this one day but need to do more research.

ravenmerlita

I've had them and think they do best on medium to thicker density hair. My hair is fine and over time they seemed to cause a little thinning. Also, because my hair is fine, it was easier to see the bonds as they started to grow out. I didn't have any damage to the lengths of my hair.

If you go to a professional for this, be sure that they have a lot of experience. If the hair is not sectioned correctly or too much hair is used per strand, your hair can break off at the root.

LivingDoll

Okay y'all, I have a fw questions...

How often can you wash it?

If the wind blows, you can see those wefts right?

I heard that this is really drying to the hair...is this true?

I've wanted this for years but I don't know anybody in Baltimore who does it for a reasonable price.

TIA!

bermudabeauty

her hair (SL):

fusion weave added:

Does your natural hair get damaged? Do you fuse at the root or the ends?

Sui Topi

Anyone have any info on more kinky textured hair available? Or could I even just buy tracked weave and just cut the track off?

RoseGolden

This is really big in my city. It is said to be the healthiest way to grow your hair out while wearing extensions. I was thinking about trying this one day but need to do more research.

Hmmm...do you know why that is? Isn't all of you hair out along with the extensions?? I would think regular cornrow extensions would be healthier.

Demi27

there is a chick here in VA that is doing them for 200. i havent tried it but she seems good.

http://www.yellowpages.com/info-IY245056464/V-I-P-Glamorous-in-Mahogany-Styles

Oh snap!
She used to be my beautician. She did GREAT hair. The only thing is...
when she worked in a shop she over booked everyone. She was great, but that was the ONLY reason why I stopped going. She was the LAST beautician that I went to. Hopefully because she works for herself she's much better now.

I did fusion on myself some years ago. I also don't understand why beauticians charge so much.

Last edited:

ladylibra

I've had them and think they do best on medium to thicker density hair. My hair is fine and over time they seemed to cause a little thinning. Also, because my hair is fine, it was easier to see the bonds as they started to grow out. I didn't have any damage to the lengths of my hair.

If you go to a professional for this, be sure that they have a lot of experience. If the hair is not sectioned correctly or too much hair is used per strand, your hair can break off at the root.

interesting, because my sis also has fine hair and hasn't had any problems. :look: how often did you get it done? because she doesn't wear hers back-to-back, she always has rest periods in between.

Does your natural hair get damaged? Do you fuse at the root or the ends?

you fuse near the root, about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch away from your scalp. :yep:

Anyone have any info on more kinky textured hair available? Or could I even just buy tracked weave and just cut the track off?

you could, but then you'd need a glue gun and have to buy the bonding stuff separate to add to the weave and then re-melt it to add to your hair. a PITA, but honestly i've considered it since it's hard to find natural "kinky" hair and even harder to find it in fusion weave. :perplexed

Hmmm...do you know why that is? Isn't all of you hair out along with the extensions?? I would think regular cornrow extensions would be healthier.

probably because most people who wear cornrow extensions don't take care of their hair properly underneath the weave, whereas with this method you still have to deal with your own hair so you can't neglect it. i'd say all things considered, with PROPER care, having your hair cornrowed and getting sew-in extensions are the better alternative. :yep:

Sui Topi

interesting, because my sis also has fine hair and hasn't had any problems. :look: how often did you get it done? because she doesn't wear hers back-to-back, she always has rest periods in between.

you fuse near the root, about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch away from your scalp. :yep:

you could, but then you'd need a glue gun and have to buy the bonding stuff separate to add to the weave and then re-melt it to add to your hair. a PITA, but honestly i've considered it since it's hard to find natural "kinky" hair and even harder to find it in fusion weave. :perplexed

probably because most people who wear cornrow extensions don't take care of their hair properly underneath the weave, whereas with this method you still have to deal with your own hair so you can't neglect it. i'd say all things considered, with PROPER care, having your hair cornrowed and getting sew-in extensions are the better alternative. :yep:

lol how much longer do you want your hair to be! I swear there isnt even a category for your fro anymore! Condo size!